Author Topic: to hot to knap, whats your temp?  (Read 24984 times)

Offline knap_123

Re: to hot to knap, whats your temp?
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2009, 04:13:22 pm »
what kind of rock you get bill? 

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2009, 10:06:59 pm »
Usually tallahatta over by McCardie's Landing in Choctaw County.  When they built the road, they had to cut through a 6 foot sheet of rock.  They moved three or four chunks the size of kitchen tables about 50 yards down a steep ditch.  You go down, knock off some, load a bucket, and one handed claw your way back up.  Unfortunately, those rocks have been ground away, so I need to find a new source of Tallahatta.  Bill 

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2009, 08:03:38 pm »
Ok....I am about sick of these Triple Digits!!! But there is no end in sight for the next thirty days at least....... This was at Noon....it's now 111 outside in the Shade...was 123 at the Refinery....sure glad I have A/C in my Crane!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2009, 08:13:25 pm »
Hey! I got it really bad here. I actually think it got up to....70!!!! Dang! Its HOT OUT!!!  ;D >:D >:D >:D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2009, 08:28:33 pm »
It was 29 degrees this morning at 5 AM with no rain or lightning.  Beautiful day!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2009, 08:29:19 pm »
OK you two....thats about enough salt in the Wound!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2009, 09:31:05 pm »
Just wait until winter, those highs you are bragging about will our lows.  After dark, it may get colder, we might evan get a frost! 

Right now though, it is going to get worse...we still have the "dog days" to make it through.  Bill

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2009, 03:38:46 am »
I have two words... "Global"...."Cooling"!!! ;D

We are having unnaturally cool temps here in WA this year. We should be up in the 80's to lower 90's and it just aint hapenning. And, there is more cloud cover too!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2009, 07:54:19 pm »
Ain't been below 100 for three weeks ......it's 103 now........going to Michigan for a three week vacation starting Friday.....can't wait to get out of this Convection Oven they call the Texas Panhandle............ :P
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2009, 08:31:43 pm »
d. tiller yor not the first to think global cooling
i think it was the 70's-80's and scientist were talking about the same thing because "average temps" werent being hit that often and they called it "global cooling"
i was young back then,but if i remember right they claimed it was caused by man.  hmmmmm

bill skinner: i live in minnesota,and would be happy to have your summer high temps if i could also have you winter lows
                i hate  freezing my whoo whoo's off in the winter,feels like it last 8 months.
                usually starts early nov,and ends in like may.so i guess it is almost 8 months.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline piper

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2009, 09:46:22 pm »
Don't tell every body but it's hard to beat western North Carolina Winter or summer..

Curt
It's hard to ride two horses when you only have one ass

Western North Carolina

Offline sailordad

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2009, 10:02:57 pm »
Don't tell every body but it's hard to beat western North Carolina Winter or summer..

Curt

whats the rock and wood like there? ;)

Offline TRACY

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2009, 10:56:10 pm »
El Destructo- Lake Superior should be up to 60 degree F by now, that'll cool you down ;D Enjoy the time off!

The only thing hot here is me from not getting any time to knap! >:( I guess I'll have to make time, just not sure how yet.

Tracy

Ain't been below 100 for three weeks ......it's 103 now........going to Michigan for a three week vacation starting Friday.....can't wait to get out of this Convection Oven they call the Texas Panhandle............ :P
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2009, 11:47:17 pm »
Tracy......You must have lake Superior confused with another one of the Great Lake..... by the end of August....the high is barely 55....and thats Surface Temperature.....if you dive in from the Cliffs or the Lighthouses like I used to....and go down 20 foot deep....the water temp is only 42.......you may Dive in with the Family Jewels....but Ya come out with a Vienna Sausage....and two Prunes... >:D........ :P.............. ;).
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2009, 11:56:22 pm »
Tracy......You must have lake Superior confused with another one of the Great Lake..... by the end of August....the high is barely 55....and thats Surface Temperature.....if you dive in from the Cliffs or the Lighthouses like I used to....and go down 20 foot deep....the water temp is only 42.......you may Dive in with the Family Jewels....but Ya come out with a Vienna Sausage....and two Prunes... >:D........ :P.............. ;).

oh how true it is
swam in the lake once,for about 60 seconds and i had enough