Main Discussion Area > Cave Men only "Oooga Booga"

1 Month Living on a Wild Diet

<< < (26/26)

Justin Snyder:
Dang Jamie, snaring is easier than a deadfall. I can snare most things, but I have never had success with a deadfall.

soy:
Good thread, very inspiring! I've done cattails, dandelion, and berry fish, and bunny for a 2 week run the detox is rough but after that it is a great feeling.thanks for the pics.will be trying some of the yard veggies ;)

Wiley:
Feel like this would be interesting to try one of these days. I live on 100 acres, we have a 2 acre spring fed pond filled with catfish, bass, bluegill, crappie, snapping turtles, snakes, and frogs, and I'm not adverse to eating any of them. Outside of that we have about 40 pecan trees, hickory trees, lots of acorn producing oaks, blackberries, muscadines, mulberry, dandelion, wild plantain, and chanterel mushrooms. We have a pretty good herd of deer, rabbits, squirrels, and some other forest creatures I might consider if I was hungry.

I don't know as many of the wild edibles as I would like to in order to give myself a completely balanced diet. I don't know enough of the natural carbohydrates, my diet would be filled with an overload of protein and not enough of everything else. I guess about a cup of pecans throughout the day would give me a healthy amount of fat.

I might try collecting and preserving all of the edibles I can as they come into season and try it during hunting season. If I go for this sort of diet for a month, I want it to be as balanced and healthy as possible. Collecting the things available and squirreling them away will allow that. 

Deerhunter21:
wow amazing jamie!!!! :OK :OK :OK :OK :o :o :o :o

Outbackbob48:
Deerhunter21, you do realize Jamie's post is 9 yrs old. Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version