Author Topic: 1 Month Living on a Wild Diet  (Read 192746 times)

Offline cracker

Re: 1 month living on a wild diet
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2009, 02:09:12 pm »
Rick I could probably drink water from New Yorks harbow and not get sick :P :o :D Might grow an extra appendage but not get sick 8)
Oh lord Dana with two heads. >:D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2009, 02:28:33 pm »
Rick I could probably drink water from New Yorks harbow and not get sick :P :o :D Might grow an extra appendage but not get sick 8)

Look at it this way ronnie I could argue with myself and not you guys ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2009, 02:41:01 pm »

Look at it this way ronnie I could argue with myself and not you guys ;D
:D ;D

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2009, 03:48:39 pm »
Don't beleive Him Ronnie....He would have a few free Beers....and then still argue with everyone else...... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2009, 06:23:40 pm »
Don't beleive Him Ronnie....He would have a few free Beers....and then still argue with everyone else...... >:D

Probably but then I would be right twice as often eh ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2009, 07:00:31 pm »
gotta point der Pard........ ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2009, 02:54:45 pm »
Well at any rate he would argue twice as much. >:D

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2009, 04:00:56 pm »
Jamie, that's cool-I've done this for a few days here and there over the years, but never tried a month. I've experimented with eating a large variety of wild foods over the years, some of them I really like and some I could eat if I had to. The thing that keeps getting me is that I can't find a coffee or beer bush in the woods around here. ;D I'm like Dingleberry-I think I could live out of the woods myself if I didn't have to find food for a group of people or work a daytime job in the meantime. I wouldn't guarantee you that I would be within all the game laws, but I'd live....:)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2009, 07:35:26 pm »
steve this was a pretty uneventful month. only thing i really learned this time was that i can go on a lot less than i ever thought i could. each time i do this i either learn a new food , or some type of enlightenment. this time i learned starvation.  ;D. i think im going to upstate new york this weekend and the property is loaded with different edibles and small game
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2009, 10:02:21 pm »
 Jamie, you need to come to Florida. If somebody went hungry here they need to be eliminated from the Gene Pool. I think survival off the land should be taught at the food stamp place.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2009, 07:28:10 am »
Eddie-I'll second that. I could never figure out why homeless people go to the city-I'd be out in the woods by a lake or river somewhere with a trotline, a line of snares, deadfalls, and crawfish traps, and run a check for fresh provided-by-Chevrolet deer along the road every morning. If you were near the coast, you got crabs, oysters and other shellfish, all kinds of fish and other goodies. You've got enough hogs down there to provide a pretty regular food source, too.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline jamie

« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2009, 07:38:01 am »
amen
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Kegan

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2009, 01:39:41 pm »
Eddie-I'll second that. I could never figure out why homeless people go to the city-I'd be out in the woods by a lake or river somewhere with a trotline, a line of snares, deadfalls, and crawfish traps, and run a check for fresh provided-by-Chevrolet deer along the road every morning. If you were near the coast, you got crabs, oysters and other shellfish, all kinds of fish and other goodies. You've got enough hogs down there to provide a pretty regular food source, too.

That's why they're "homeless". If they're not smart enough to be able to come up with some way of sheltering themselves, why would you think they're smart enough to be able to actually fend for themsevles ;D?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2009, 05:20:01 pm »
Way to go Jamie! I think it's good for the body and soul with what you've done. I tried the cattail roots once and puked profusely :P
Can you notice a positive mental difference at all? Scares me to think of all of the crud put into our foods nowadays.

Thanks Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline jamie

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2009, 09:03:57 pm »
kegan thats not entirely true. A lot of the street rats could teach us a lot about survival. Many of the document underground cities are set up along the same lines as aboriginal villages. Chief, doctor, spiritual guide. Although i know enough to survive in the woods. If i was in dire straights i would also want to know how to survive on the streets like them. Tom brown says he lived in central park for some time with them and was amazed with ther skills. As much as he tought them, they tought him.

yeah tracy my awareness goes through the roof when i do this. Are you sure you had cattail? Sounds more like iris poisoning. Vegetation is very similar in looks and will often grow together.

waterbury, ct