Author Topic: Tom Brennan(Tom B)  (Read 17728 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Tom Brennan(Tom B)
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 01:07:00 pm »
 Man, that ain't right. Tom is too nice a guy. I was hoping we would get another hunt together this Fall.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 09:57:58 am »
Alan Brown heard from Tom's sister the other day. Tom is slipping pretty fast. Only a few weeks at the most.
  Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 10:12:13 am »
Man that is really too bad. Tom's a great guy. and I and a lot of folks will miss him.

Anybody got an address or an email where one can send well wishes etc? maybe better to send them to patrick and let him know we are thinking bout them and pullin for em
later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Mrs. Hillbilly

• I like broccoli
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 10:22:32 am »
This is to Tom:  Fit into my foot steps, feel the confort and the soft soul. Let's walk together & forever be as one. Good man, Good friend. Never gone.  O:)

Tina
What can I say - I'm a female?  That says it all.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 10:22:56 am »
I just heard from Alan Brown that Tom slipped away yesterday.  :(  He was unconscious for the last few days and he went peacefully without any pain.
  For those in the area, a memorial will be scheduled and as I find out more about it I will keep ya'll informed.    Please keep Patrick and the rest of Tom's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 10:45:49 am »
Thnaks for the news Pat, Tom will be missed by many :'(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 10:57:59 pm »
  Man! This just tears me up. I've been at the funeral today of a good friend and coworker for over 20 years and now this. The first time I met Tom at Cade's he treated me to almost embarrassment as one of the best knappers and Bowyer's he new. Tom wanted to know how to hunt, make bows and somebody help his son with his knapping.

Tom new I liked Crown Royal and always had a bottle when we got together. The last time We got together was down here at the Dade City Knap- In and I new it might be the last time I'd see my good friend. I can honestly say, that I will miss one of the nicest guy's I've ever met and was happy to call him a good friend.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 11:35:25 pm »
I thought a lot of Tom and consider Patrick a good friend too.  I gave Patrick his first real "Indian" bow.  ;D This was before I had met them and Patrick was pretty young.  Tom had given him a Martin Stick  >:(  but he wanted a real "Indian" bow. I asked Tom first and I gave Patrick a little osage sapwood bow I had made and his face lit up. Being the polite kid he was, he asked his Dad if he could have it and Tom said sure. Patrick thanked me with a giant grin. When I asked him his name, he told me it was Patrick Brennan.  8) The three of us have been friends ever since. I will miss Tom. I hope to talk to Patrick soon.       
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:46:11 pm by Pat B »

Offline cracker

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 03:45:04 pm »
Sorry to hear of this fellows passing he must have been quite a guy to get so many good wishes from so many. My condolences. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 04:37:48 pm »
Ronnie, you may have met Tom and his son Patrick at the Classic this past year. I think they got there on Friday. Patrick is quite a knapper and if there is knapping going on he is usually in the pit with the rest of them.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 05:39:02 am »
Sorry to hear that,He was a really nice guy.Payres and thoughts to his family.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 07:22:00 am »
Pat would a photo in memorium be possible?Ronnie

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 07:44:32 am »
Here is a couple I am sure he wouldn't mind.I only meet him this year and we really hit it off.
I was hopeing for somemore time to spend with him.Great guy and a fine young man for a son
also. :(
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 07:48:31 am »
Yep the face is familiar now.Ron

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 08:06:50 am »
damn  >:(
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct