Author Topic: Snakey osage from Big A  (Read 11219 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Snakey osage from Big A
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 05:30:51 am »
I had forgot you posted that one,now it's time to put it to work. ;) ;D in about 26 hours. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Big A

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 04:05:46 pm »
I really want to thank everyone for ther comments. It means alot coming from the talent I see in bows you build. I share these bows because it might inpire the new guys. I know I get new ideas from everyone. That just means one more bow to try.
Pappy I can't wait to climb that ridge and get into my tree stand with this bow.
A ;D

coyote pup

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 04:15:57 pm »
Big A-

That's one of the nicest snake jobs I've ever seen. Sweet bow. Did you wrap the rattler skin or just glue it on and let it set? If you wrapped it, what with?

Offline Big A

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 04:54:39 pm »
I just glued it and let it set. I soak the skins in warm water and then lay them on a towel to dry them for a few minutes. They are easy to work with now. Spread your glue ( Titebond III ) then lay the skin on. I line the center of the skin pattern to the center of the bow limb.I then start at the tip and slowy work my way down to the handle removing the air bubbles and getting a good glue contact. After an hour or so I start to rough trim the skin and recheck for air pockets. Then just let it dry good to do my final trimming, descaling and then the sealing. It is not hard. Just TAKE YOUR TIME.
A

coyote pup

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2009, 04:59:19 pm »
Right on. Good luck in your stand!

Offline Keenan

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 12:20:51 pm »
Very nice bow from a very tricky stave, great work and very good attention to detail. Congratulations.    Keenan

Offline PeteC

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2009, 02:10:44 pm »
Nice bow,good job!! God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline nocams

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2009, 09:48:27 pm »
I got to touch it and hold it several weeks back, haha ! Awesome Big A. I really hate it though cause it is a righty and not a lefty. Now that we got Mason armed to the teeth we gotta get me a lefty started. If ya'll run across some osage that has a natural cant for a lefty save it for me and tell me what I owe. I done went and got the yellow shavin fever ! It is all them Twin Oak boys fault too ! Hope you get a monster with that bow Big A, you deserve it bud.

nocams