Author Topic: a going away present  (Read 11746 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: a going away present
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 02:25:30 am »

Well Twisted Limbs, I am starting my house in Montana!!! They start the footers tomorrow!!

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 08:45:13 pm »
 I think so Jeff. Still looks like some good Brooksville chert. I really like hunting points made out of it.

Wayne, roadtrips over for right now. Hunting season starts on the 26th. And Merriams sound real good.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 12:43:56 am »

I don't know what time turkey season starts out in Montana, but I will be going back out there, pretty soon, to tell my Buddy, what I want done with some trees, and the other pond they are digging.  I can call and check with him, and see when, and I will see if he would let you stay in his cabin behind the house, and hunt on his property.  There are a lot of turkeys there.  Hell they are all over the place.  They are nice and fat.  The had a grasshopper infestation, and the turkeys, were gorging themselves on em.  If you are interested, I will call him.  You can fly into Missoula, and he can pick you up, or get one of his sons to do it, and drive you up, or you can rent a car, there, and drive up.  It is about a two hour drive.  While you are in Missoula, you should check out the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, museum.  Pretty neat.  Let me know if want to do that.  I can almost guarantee you a Merriam.  My buddy, can get up on them, and the rest is up to you.  He is busy, building my house, and Bow, (wheel bow) hunting for Elk.  Let me know if you want me to call him.  You will like him, and his family.  They are just absolutely nice people.  He loves to hunt.

Wayne