Author Topic: Yup'ik and Inuit arrows!  (Read 24705 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Yup'ik and Inuit arrows!
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2009, 05:12:37 pm »
Yeah! But...those scent are not meant to attract you, Mike. They are meant to attract the opposite sex!!!!!

I'm really starting to worry about you guys!  ;D

Don't worry David.....Didn't say anything about being Attracted to it....just can't miss the Smell....not that it reminds me of a French.......Maid .... to play it safe! Me...I like the Smell of Burning Rubber....and Nitro-Methane.....Leather and Hide Glue cooking....not Foo-Foo.... ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline billy

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 10:01:22 pm »
Alright....that's IT!  I'm tired of waiting!!  I'm gonna pack all my stuff in a car and drive out to WA state, find Mr. Tiller, and we're gonna play russian rullet with primitive bows!  When he gets an arrow in his keister, then I'll cook him up, eat him so there's no evidence, then steal his camera and post the pics on here!  Probably take about 2 weeks ya'll.    :D
Marietta, Georgia

Offline warhawk

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 10:17:26 pm »
why dont you try an old indian fight with obsidian knifes and you right hand tied to each other by an eight foot rope. This sounds more in line with the flint knapping community of excellence. Im joking ok!!!!!!  >:D
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 11:11:32 pm »

El D, be gentle now,if he likes the Froo, froo, that is his choice, besides just because you're different, doesn't mean you're a bad person. ;D  But he does need to get those pictures.  But not to worry, our man of action, Billy is finally on the job!  :o
Perhaps a little lesson can be learned here......  Don't  say anything about pictures, unless you have them ready to post! ;)
Sort of like telling a bunch of Pit Bulls, you have a treat for them, and not having any...... :o

Wayne

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009, 06:12:55 pm »
Even if Billy shows up he wont get the pictures!  Sheeesh! I already mentioned earlier the camera is still in Alaska. I DONT HAVE the pictures on me. I left it up there so my relatives could take more pictures. Friday, Saturday at the latest the pictures will be up.

Billy, I don't fight fair!  >:(  I let the women do all my fighting for me. You ever seen women fight? Nasty!  Thats the only word I have for it. I have now accumulated a large following of women that will do all my fighting for me. You think they would allow the source of all their good smelling stuff to perish? I DON'T THINK SO!!!! LOL!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though! The pictures will be posted when I get my camera back from AK!

Again for all those who have dyslexia. The pictures will be up by the latest on SATURDAY!!!!

Grumble, Grumble,Grumble,Grumble,Grumble,Grumble,
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline stickbender

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 07:06:38 pm »

David, be forewarned, Billy is bringing Chocolate, and you and he will be heading to Alaska, to the source of the camera. ;)
Chocolate, will out bid soap anyday of the year. ;D ;D

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 02:33:54 am »
.... Friday, Saturday at the latest the pictures will be up.

Yes, ...but WHICH friday, saturday  ??? ??? ???
Frank from Germany...

Offline D. Tiller

All right here they are Yup'ik and Aleut arrows! HA!!!
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2009, 11:48:40 am »
Some Aleut arrows used for hunting sea otters! More coming soon!!!  >:D

[attachment deleted by admin]
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline warhawk

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 03:58:44 pm »
Are the arrowheads made out of whale bone or walrus ivory? the feathers are from what type of bird and how old are the arrows?
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2009, 11:20:06 pm »
Arrows age=old
Material of the for shaft = I think walrus tusk or whale bone
Feathers = whatever bird they could kill.

Sorry Warhawk, they had no mention on the displays of what exactly they where made of. I can only speculate that the wood was whatever drifted up on the beach. Most likely some kind of cedar.

Offline billy

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2009, 11:20:54 pm »
He's very lucky...I was packing my stuff up and was about to jump in the car and head his way..... just in the nick of time Mr. Tiller!!!!!   >:D >:D >:D
Marietta, Georgia

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2009, 11:25:30 pm »
I had made preparations for your arrival!  >:D >:D >:D

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 11:32:55 pm »
More Photos: Some of the cable backed bows and the points.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2009, 11:35:56 pm »
More stuff!

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2009, 11:39:09 pm »
MORE!!!

Third one is arrow points made from bone.
Fourth is flint spear point.