Author Topic: Stick And String Makes Backstraps Tonight Baby!!  (Read 12009 times)

Offline david w.

Re: Stick And String Makes Backstraps Tonight Baby!!
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 11:28:21 pm »
Thats one nice deer El Destrusto :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 11:51:38 pm »
Thats one nice deer El Destrusto :)
Thanks David....and I see that you are still using My "Catch Phrase" too....I am Humbled..... O:)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Little John

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 12:10:36 am »
Congrats Mike on an honorable harvest, got to love those Texas Panhandle Bucks.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 07:57:59 am »
Congratulations on harvesting a fine buck!  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 01:59:19 pm »
Great story and a supper fine buck,congratulations on a fine shot,mind tellin us about the bow, looks like fine work.
Now is the good old days

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 09:42:44 pm »
Thanks Greg...and Kenneth....I was so lucky to have been there when He decided to come in....I have never seen this Buck on my Cameras or in the Field before....must have been a Drifter!

Dave.....the Bow is 66 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide at the widest point....tapering to 1/4 inch Pin Nocks that have been Sinew Wrapped.... I made it from a Pignut Hickory Stave that my Buddy Johnny from Tennessee sent to Me about 4 years ago...it is covered with three layers of Whitetail Sinew...then wrapped in two Roadkill Prairie Rattlers that I scrounged off of the Local Highways....it is 65 pounds at 29 inches of Draw....not the Fastest of Bows....but I still like the Paddle Bow design....even with it little Quirks.... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 10:45:39 pm »
   Mike, I forgot to ask, Since I sent you the bamboo do I get the horns on the left side? getting short on knife handles. ??? ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 11:01:14 pm »
   Mike, I forgot to ask, Since I sent you the bamboo do I get the horns on the left side? getting short on knife handles. ??? ;D

It's already at the Taxidermist's!!! Need Antler...or would Ya like some Cholla too........ :P
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline PeteC

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 08:49:15 pm »
Great deer Mike,good lookin' bow,and good shot. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2009, 01:46:05 pm »
That wayit should be one. great hunt awesome arrow too.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2009, 04:58:41 pm »
Great job bro.. that is one nice buck, glad you were able to get him with your bow... looks like your hunting medicine is good this season... taking your prey with honor and integrity is always a rush, good on you brother..  happy hunting Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 08:26:23 pm »
Thanks Guys....I am greatfull that I had the Opportunity to match wits with the Great Animal....I have thanked God more than once for this chance I'll tell You!!

Update...today I went out to the Lease again...I had to work all week...but the Weather was Bad today ...so they Blew Us Out....Too Windy and Raining....so My Buddy Brad and I went out and weathered what Our Maker threw at Us....We left at three in the Morning and drove the 116 miles from Stinnett to Wellington Texas...got there and went to the Camper and changed and got ready...got out to the Stands at just before 6:00am...sat in the 20-35 mph winds and drizzle until just about 7:15 when I had three Doe and 5 Yearling come in to the Food Plot I have growing....just some Chick Peas...and Alfalfa...well they grazed for about 30 minutes without giving Me any kind of reasonable shot ...then all of a sudden One of the Does decided to play Dominant and She chased the other two off....and One made the Mistake of coming within Shooting Distance of Me and my Kassai Horse Bow and a 540 grain Arrow!! I hit Her with a perfect Quartering ....She ran off and I lost sight of Her in the Mesquites....I waited 30 minutes before I got down....but by then the Deer had come back again....but I didn't want to shoot another one...man I am going to be loaded down for Months now!!! So I waited till they walked off...and I got down...I could not find a Drop of Blood anywhere...nothing....and the Area was covered with Deer Tracks by the Thousands.... I am not one to leave a Deer for no reason...and I knew I got a good Hit.....so I was just about to Call Brad and tell Him the Story....when He texted Me and said He had a Buck down...so I got in the Truck and headed for Him....well His Buck Down meant that He had Hit One...but He too had no Idea where It had run off to in the Thick Mesquites....So in the Pouring Rain...with no Hope of a Blood Trail...We started to walk out a Grid fromwhere It had Been shot....He had found the Arrow and it was covered in Dark Red Blood....which normally means a good Liver Shot...Well it took Us an hour and a half to locate the Buck...and He was only 100-120 yards from where He was Hit....just jumped into some of the Thickest Brambles there were out there to Die! He turned out to be a 2 1/2 year old 7 pointer...After We gutted and loaded the Buck up...We went and Hung Him from Our T-Pole...and went to look for my Doe....it took Us about 35 Minutes to locate Her...She had gone less than 40 yards...but had fallen into a Washout...where She was next to Invisible...I walked by Her twice... but Brad was up higher than I was and had a better Vantage Point...and He spotted Her White Belly in the Draw....so by 12:50 We had both deer in the Pickup and were Heading Home....soaked ....Cold...but very Honored to have been able to take such Beautiful Critters in such an Honorable Way....Brad is at Home right now Scraping the Buck Skin...He has plans to make a Scabbard for His 54 Caliber Smoke Pole...and I just finished Skinning and Quartering the Doe...and I made Enchiladas from some of the Neck Roast that I cut off...and My Wife and I just finished eating...it was Great!! This has been an Awesome Hunting Season for Me so far...I just can't see how Firearm Season could Top this!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:30:39 am by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 08:12:48 pm »
That's a couple of nice deer Mike. Congrats.... ;D You should be eatin good for a while.  ;)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2009, 09:17:22 pm »
That's a couple of nice deer Mike. Congrats.... ;D You should be eatin good for a while.  ;)

Thanks Ryan! Yeah...I had Chicken Fried Venison Steak ...Spinach Salad...Green Beans...Fried Potatoes...and Apple Cobbler for Supper last Night....also made up 12 pounds of Jerky Meat....soaked it Marinade for two days...got it in the Dehydrator Tonight! And the Good thing...I still have One more Weekend of Bow Season to Go....and since I Hunt a Lease with only two others...I can Hunt all Rifle Season with a Bow too!! Life Is Good!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2009, 09:21:10 am »
im jealous! i liveing off of rabbit and tree rat down here!!!

lol. nice shooting.  ;D
lets just shoot it