Author Topic: Ben Meadows Bamboo  (Read 12625 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Ben Meadows Bamboo
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 07:27:15 am »
WellI'm  pretty  sure  most  of  my   stakes  are underspined, thinking about  ordering  the  next   size  up

Under Spined.... ???.....Most of the Ones that I have pulled out of My Half Bundle have been between 60-90 pounds so far...and it looks like some may go well over that!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 07:50:58 am »
 yours didn't come from Ben Meadows, El D.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 09:22:50 am »
I order all mine from Ben meadows.. sometimes no matter where you get them you will get some bundles that have allot of really small ones.. But you should be able to get at least a 100 shafts that will work for you out of them..

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 09:29:26 am »
I order all mine from Ben meadows.. sometimes no matter where you get them you will get some bundles that have allot of really small ones.. But you should be able to get at least a 100 shafts that will work for you out of them..

Think thats what I got David, I can gaurantee I will get more than 100 :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 09:57:41 am »
after shooting tonken arrows that i got from mr. David, i wanna try that. i know how to streighten and fletch and cut nocks and everything, just need something to practice on, and a spine tester.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline scattershot

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 12:06:10 pm »
Just curious, why would you order the next size up if these are flying well for you?
"Experience is just a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 12:47:28 pm »
 The good thing about living near the Bamboo Supply is I get to look and choose which bundles I want. And they have given me bundles that have split open for free. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 12:52:32 pm »
I went with Ben Meadows as the shipping was cheaper than Bamboo supply, guess I'm just cheap eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 01:57:46 pm »
I have yet to get them done, but I got some tonkin from Bamboo and Rattan Works. We've used them many times for rattan for kids bows. I've had people tell me to get the 8-10mm, 4 footers, then cull them out. The helpful fella at B&RW recommended I go with a 6 ft length that's 10-12mm on the big end, then glean your arrow from within that stake. You'll get more good 'uns. I believe I actually will get more keepers this way. I have a bunch straightened and sanded and cut to about 3-4 feet right now, just haven't gotten them done yet. I'll post pics when I do. Hmmm, maybe if some of you folks come to MOJam next summer, there'll be some sorted bundles of nice straight shafts in the auction or ready for trade.  ;)

p.s. This has nothing to do with suppliers, just the info on using 6 footers.

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 03:19:08 pm »
Scattershot
their  you go  applying  logic:)

"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline scattershot

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 06:14:11 pm »
Yeh, sorry. ;)
"Experience is just a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 06:48:52 pm »
Well  just  got  some  shafts  in  from  a  commercial  supplier  to   see what  the  pros  do  with  bamboo  shafts-man  these  look  great  when  they  are  properly straightened and   sanded,  oooh  lah  lah, I  am  suprised to  find  out how  narrow  the  diameter  is  spined  for  my  60#  bow,  looks  like  I was  totally  wrong  on  this  shipment  from  Meadows,  most  of  what  I  got is  right  on  for  shafts  after  all,  these  shafts  are no  larger than  my  carbons,  these  are  33," self- nocks, danged  if  I  can  get  a  good  close-up  pic  to  turn  out, and 170 gr trade  points,  they  are  little thinner than  I  expected  but will def do  the  job,  and  weight  out to  600 grs

U don't  learn  to  bend boo  in  a  day~

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 03:55:52 am by zeNBowyer »
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 04:49:13 pm »
If anyone wants to go in on a bundle of 500 anytime message me and we can go halves. I will probably order some within the month if I don't hear back from anyone, need something to learn in Jan while I'm inside hidin' from the cold.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 05:37:54 pm »
If anyone wants to go in on a bundle of 500 anytime message me and we can go halves. I will probably order some within the month if I don't hear back from anyone, need something to learn in Jan while I'm inside hidin' from the cold.

Never mind they weren't as much as I thought they were, just got the 3/8" at 4 L from the title.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline shikari

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 12:28:22 am »
where are you located Michael,I might be interested.