Author Topic: 3rd Annual Christmas Trade Revised  (Read 172067 times)

Manager

3rd Annual Christmas Trade Revised
« on: October 22, 2009, 11:27:34 am »
Hey All,
It is amazing that it is this time of year again!  Wow time flies by fast.   Shocked   :o

If you want in please email her the following information by NOVEMBER 15th  (She will be drawing the names the following Monday Morning):

Sarah@primitivearcher.com  (she prefers emails to p.m.s)

1. Your name
2. Your message board name
3. age if you are younger than 21
4. mailing address
5. Right Handed/Left Handed and poundage (this does NOT mean you will receive a bow)
6. and any other information you think will be handy to the person who has drawn your name.

On the NOVEMBER 16th, you will be given the name of the person you are making a gift for and she will contact you with their information. 

Make sure that your gift is mailed by January 1st 2010.  A deadline is good for everyone.  Many will NOT receive their gift by Christmas date because many will be using that time off to make their gifts.  SO DON'T WORRY.   ;D

Also once you have received your gift, you will need to email Sarah that you received it and what it was for her record keeping.

Posting pictures makes it so much fun so please do so...   :)

Most of all have fun and enjoy the act of creating and giving!!  :D   O:)

THis is really a blast! 

We hope that you all will participate in any way that you can.  And that you please don't stalk your postman or post woman too much in the December and January months.    >:D

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:21:04 pm by Sarah »

Manager

Re: 3rd Annual Christmas Trade Revised
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 11:31:42 am »
Here is the list so far, if you want to participate and dont see your name...PLEASE EMAIL ME !!!!!  sarah@primitivearcher.com

Catfishon
Keenan
Skyarrow
Uwe
Jesse
Mechslasher
Okie1
Cromm
jeffutley57
Timo
Sawfiler
El Destructo
Woodstick
Stringstretcher
PatB
Dano
Nugget
Boo
Hillbilly
Kegan
Kyle

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 06:02:08 pm »
Last year we had several that missed out on this great fun and excitement. We saw some incredible talent and amazing gifts given, and most of all we saw people going all out to bless the person that they had drawn.  I know that for me it was really a kick planning and trying to think of what that person would enjoy. My first gift idea didn't work out but the back up plan did.  Don't worry that your skills aren't all this or that. Just sign up and have some fun.     Keenan

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 11:59:22 pm »
this is my first time and iam really looking forward to it. the best thing is not knowing what you will get. a real surprize.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

kyleM

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 11:12:09 pm »
Hrmm i wouldnt consider this the "3rd Annual Christmas Trade Revised"

Not to be disrespectful or anything, but the topic should be changed to the 1st Annual Xmas Trade. You are not the starter of the Xmas Trade, and i find it not fair at all, for you to take what my dad started and turn it into your own thing. Ban me if you must, but i am voicing my opinion, and i could really care less anymore.. this community is quite sad, if you're gonna allow someone to pretty much steal what they did not start, and get all the credit for what they did not start, then ban the person who started it because he was disapointed and upset that someone stole his idea...

Ban me if you must, unban my dad who has devoted ALOT of time on this message board, and the PA community! I want everyone to know and read how unfair this is...

My post has no personal threats in it, and nothing disrespectful at all, take it as you want it, because i know it will be edited or deleted... I used to enjoy coming to this website and looking at everyones masterpieces. Read what people had to say in the Anything Else section, but lately i just don't see the point anymore. Have a good life, this is my last post do what you want with it... you just lost 2 or maybe even more Primitive Archer subscribers for your self-seeking, embezzling ways... Bye
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:20:48 pm by kyleM »

Offline boo

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 11:31:28 pm »
Man, what did i miss ??? ??? can someone explain what is going on here? Did DanaM get banned? 
Boo

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 12:52:13 am »
You are not the starter of the Xmas Trade, and i find it not fair at all, for you to take what my dad started and turn it into your own thing.

Kyle, your post is about as silly as it could get. Newsflash, Xmas Trade has been around for a long time. Yes your dad decided to bring it up here a couple of years ago, but he doesn't own it. My wife has been doing it in 3rd grade for years. In fact, I did it when I was in 3rd grade as did my dad some 60 years ago. The fact is that someone else brought it up this year and your dad said he didn't think he wanted to bother because last year was so bad.

As for another Christmas Trade I have mixed feelings as every year I end up holding the bag when someone doesn't come through
with their gift. I feel that its my show and if someone doesn't come through then its up to me to send a gift out. Now I understand
that sh#@ happens but its still your responsibility short of death to make good on your gift. Let me think on it for a day or so eh.

A lot of people stepped up and supplied gifts last year when the ball was dropped. I know at least 5 gifts were sent by moderators. Because of this, PA decided to take care of it another way when your dad said he didn't know if he wanted to even participate. Yes your dad decided to get back in, yes he was offended when PA told him their plans. But when he decided to attack PA and started a campaign of personal attacks on Marie and Sarah in posts, emails and Pm's he went to far. Everyone knows we wont tolerate personal attacks on ANYONE around here. Your dad is a great guy and a friend to many on this site. But that does not mean that the rules apply any less to him than anyone else. He has called me many times demanding that I ban someone for less, well he insisted on stamping his feet and throwing a tantrum and attacking people until we the moderators and administrators stopped it.  We didn't kick Dana out, he chose to leave when he refused to follow the rules that apply to everyone on this site. Justin
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 10:11:02 am by Justin Snyder »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

kyleM

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 07:17:26 am »
"But when he decided to attack PA and started a campaign of personal attacks on Marie and Sarah in posts, emails and Pm's he went to far. Everyone knows we wont tolerate personal attacks on ANYONE around here. Your dad is a great guy and a friend to many on this site. But that does not mean that the rules apply any less to him than anyone else. He has called me many times demanding that I ban someone for less, well he insisted on stamping his feet and throwing a tantrum and attacking people until we the moderators and administrators stopped it.  We didn't kick Dana out, he chose to leave when he refused to follow the rules that apply to everyone on this site."

Personal attacks... hrmm funny because in more then one occasion ive had people personally attack my feelings and opinions on this message board, and i was the person to get warned or banned for 30 days for deffending my feelings. Did the people that personally attack me ever get warned or banned... no i doubt it becasue they were mods or long time posters. So i think your web sites rules should be aimed at everyone, not just the people you can discard so easy, and dont tell me that you guys don't, because i know it happens..

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 08:53:06 am »
I'm sorry Kyle but you are full of it. 

The fact is that people are booted when their attacks on others are of the same caliber as yours and your dads, I know because I have personally booted them.  Something else you don't seem to realize is that whatever happens here is the dominion of PA and because it is their site they are responsible.  Your dad was allowed to organize a Christmas trade here on behalf of PA but he didn't own it, just like all the other events that have taken place here over the years.  It seem to me from the way you and your dad are talking that you didn't start this trade for the benefit of PA or its members but for your own self aggrandizement.  Prove me wrong
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 09:38:18 am »
Kyle, I know you were warned the first time, then suspended for 30 days the second time because I did it both times. I sent you a PM and told you in person that I did it because I believe you deserve to hear from the person who did it. We didn't advertise it to the whole board because we believe people deserve a certain amount of privacy and respect, just like we haven't advertised to the whole board what was going on with your dad. Your dad kept demanding that I tell him who else has been warned and banned. I will tell you the same thing I told him. I didn't tell him that you were warned or suspended and I wont tell him who else was warned, suspended or banned. It is between PA and the individual. I will however tell you that others have been warned and/or suspended when you were and/or at other times. We enforce the rules across the board as fairly and evenly as we humanly can. Your dad and I have been friends for a long time and I hate to see him go as much or more as I hate to see anyone go, but he made the decision, we only enforce the decision. Now lets move on and let the board discuss archery again not soap operas.  Thanks, Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 09:56:40 am »
Hey all!  Let's have some fun with this.  Make sure you send Sarah your email about getting in the trade... November 15th is the cut off date.

If any of you have any questions regarding anything else feel free to p.m. me directly or any of the other moderators. 

It's time to have some FUN!!!   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 06:17:25 pm »
ok so lets get this back on track
so how about some humor

Justin:  you say your wife has beening a x-mas trade for years in the third grade,right
           so just how long has she been in the third grade and will she move into the fourth grade soon?   lol

ok so my humor isnt the greatest
          but did you hear about the deer that wandered into a bank int downtown st. paul the other day.
          he was just looking for change for a buck ;D :D

as soon as a can figure out this email thingy again,i will get added to the x-mas trade.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 06:23:55 pm »
ok so lets get this back on track
so how about some humor

Justin:  you say your wife has beening a x-mas trade for years in the third grade,right
           so just how long has she been in the third grade and will she move into the fourth grade soon?   lol

ok so my humor isnt the greatest
          but did you hear about the deer that wandered into a bank int downtown st. paul the other day.
          he was just looking for change for a buck ;D :D

as soon as a can figure out this email thingy again,i will get added to the x-mas trade.
That would be funny IF she wasnt a lot smarter than me. Now I just feel stupid.

SW Utah

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 06:30:41 pm »
If sailordad is in, I guess Im in too.  ;D

SW Utah

Offline woodstick

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 07:23:39 pm »
i just read all the post its sad to hear all this. its not bout who started what or gets the credit. i wish we could all set back and look at this and learn from it. iam looking forward to it. so lets all get along and make some cool things and have a good time and be thankful for all the tallent of the peps we have on here. and we are all human we all make mistakes so forgive and forget we can all get past this please cause we dont need to loose any talent on here.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken