Author Topic: Houston Tx  (Read 74396 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Houston Tx
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2013, 10:46:41 am »
Gus,

Have you got an arrival time in mind yet?  Cipriano was asking if I knew.  Do you guys want breakfast again, or want to get after it early before it gets too hot? 

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2013, 09:16:02 pm »
George, I hate to turn down that delicious breakfast, but I say lets get after it early before it gets too hot. The earlier the better for me. Just let me know what time to get there..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2013, 10:10:27 pm »
I'm easy...

I'll go with what ever you fellers want to do.
Just tell me what time you want me there.

I would recommend that we not spend time and effort splitting logs this trip.
Keeping our focus on cutting, loading and hauling waste wood to the brush pile.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline criveraville

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2013, 11:49:41 pm »
Excellent idea Gus.. We were worn out after splitting the logs.. Great plan..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2013, 01:23:21 am »
Are you sure that was this last time?  I thought we only split wood to be able to lift it that first time?  We can load logs in pickups with the tractor loader again and I don't think the remaining trees are as large as that first one was.  I could be wrong though.  I'm fine with us heading straight over there.  How early can you make it Gus?  We have a spare bed if you want to drive up Friday night.  I'll be a zombie though, have a hog hunt Thursday night.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Gus

« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2013, 12:57:54 pm »
Haha...

That first time was the last time Cipriano made it to cut...  :)
And it was a Humdinger of a set of Osage Trees for sure...

Looking forward to Breaking In Cipriano's New Sthil...    8)

I'm planning on crashing at my Uncle's place Friday night.
So I should be able to be at your place by 6:00 or 6:30 George.
Or even earlier if necessary...
Just tell me what time you want me there.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2013, 03:29:23 pm »
Then it's back to Cipriano and 4dog.  How early can you guys make it?  I'll be up by 6 but I don't think we should run chain saws out at Thomas' until at least 7 or so.  He said the earlier the better, but I want to be considerate to his family too.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2013, 03:43:49 pm »
Early.. Let us meet at 6:30AM ready to go. Thomas lives about 30 minutes away; right? I think it's a good plan to start at 7.

Cipriano

Offline Gus

« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2013, 12:03:31 am »
Okay then, I'll plan on being at George's place by 6:30 Saturday morning...

:)

-gus

Conroe, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2013, 12:16:53 am »
Works for me.  See you Saturday morning at 6:30.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline 4dog

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2013, 12:31:52 am »
Still trying to get things wrkd out so i can make it,might be one of those last minute things,im trying...lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline criveraville

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2013, 01:10:33 am »
Ok. See y'all at 6:30..

Cipriano

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2013, 03:50:28 pm »
Works for me.  4dog, if you can't be there that early let me know and I'll pm you my phone number so I can direct you to us.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Michael Scott

« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2013, 02:26:41 pm »
Howdy all.

Just saw this thread this morning. I know a bunch of you guys are outta town on a wood getting spree. Sounds like a good time. I am in the Tomball/Magnolia area, and recently started working on a juniper bow from some wood I brought with me when I moved down here from Montana a couple years ago. I still have to figure out how to post pictures and stuff on this site, but just wanted to drop a line and say howdy. Would like to get deeper into primitive archery than just the magazine. LOL! I've been shooting recurves for about 11 years, but haven't gotten to hunt since I moved down here, thanks to work constraints and working out of state last year. Anyway, glad I found somewhere to hang out and get some advice and hopefully meet some new friends.
Michael Scott

After 10+ years shooting traditional archery, I am now interested in progressing farther back in time to primitive archery.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2013, 11:58:44 pm »
Welcome to PA  Micheal ...guys i really will try and host a gtg at Lake Somerville if anyone other than myself is interest,maybe before the season starts?
"SET" is always there !!!