Author Topic: Houston Tx  (Read 74816 times)

Offline 4dog

Re: Houston Tx
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2013, 04:22:03 pm »
Dang Jason why dont ya just put yer 2 cents in sheesh.....lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2013, 06:00:34 pm »
That's what this thread is about now, Houston Area Happenings... Why start another?
There's some Excellent info in this thread for Houston Area Folks as well as others.

We didn't Jack It... We Confiscated It...  >:D

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2013, 01:17:29 pm »
Hey Gus, Cipriano is threatening to go out cutting osage again up here.  Y'all ought to road trip up here and take back a load.  I don't want any more but I'm always up for a trip out to Thomas' place.  It's almost hot enough for us to cut some wood.  >:D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Gus

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2013, 05:47:55 pm »
HAHA!

Heck Sir, it is good to hear from ya...
I am about ready to do some wood cutting.
Just need to pick up a new chain for my saw.
Or we could just use Cip's new Sthil!!!     >:D

What about the first weekend in August or there abouts?
It should be hot enough by then...
HeHe...

I'll get my wedges tuned up.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2013, 12:53:58 am »
That's right Gus. Come on down.. Will be hot fun times!! Yea. That Stihl's not even broken in..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2013, 01:02:53 am »
Down?? Won't he drive 5 hours north?? ;)

My Stihl is well broken in, but I don't think I've started it since the last time we cut wood.  ::)  I guess this time I should make sure it actually runs before you guys get up here.  Mary says we'll be home the first 2 weekends in August and Thomas said he'd leave the tractor out for us if we came when he wasn't there so I don't think there's any reason we can't do it.  Let me know which weekend you choose.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2013, 01:23:29 am »
Haa haa George. It's always up from here.. I'm sure we will have plenty of saws..  Should be a blast..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Gus

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2013, 11:01:33 pm »
Yes Sir...

I'll have my Sthil in fighting shape for some Bodark...

How about in two weeks?
August 4th? 

Done talked with my Missus about it.  :)
The Green Light is lit.

-gus

Conroe, TX

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2013, 08:15:17 am »
The 4th works for me too.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Gus

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2013, 10:11:52 pm »
Alright Sir, I'll be there with Bells On... and a Chainsaw... and maybe a trailer...  :)

Best Regards,

-gus

Conroe, TX

Offline 4dog

« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2013, 12:04:04 pm »
How far up we talkin, i wouldnt mind a short road trip,,give me a chance to actually meet some of yall TEXAS bowyers ,(not that i consider myself one)  , maybe do some "snakin"!!  8)  im near college station.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2013, 02:18:42 pm »
You'd be going to the northeast side of the Dallas burbs.  I live near Wylie, and the place we cut from is just northeast of McKinney which is a little further north.  If you want to check it with your GPS, the zip here is 75098.

Within reason, anyone that's interested in getting some osage that's driving distance from Dallas is welcome.  Thomas said he had 4 osage trees picked out for us to cut.  I don't personally know which ones they are.  He also has dead straight cedar elm and hackberry that he'd probably let us cut.  I can check if somebody wants it. I also think there's more osage too, though it probably isn't as easy to access.  There's one huge old osage monarch that is 90% dead already, but I don't think there's a place on it that's straight for over 3'.  Best part of the whole deal is that Thomas keeps a brush pile going all the time and will clean up all the small branches and wood we don't take after we leave.

What we did last year is meet at my house about 8:30am for my wife's famous biscuits and gravy.  Of course, this means the guys from down south have to leave real early.  Sorry about that.  Let me know who's planning to come.  I know we talked about the 4th earlier, but I'm planning on Saturday, Aug 3rd.  Correct me if I'm wrong Gus.  I wouldn't be available until after lunch on Sunday.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Gus

« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2013, 09:15:01 pm »
No Sir George,

You are correct it's Saturday I was thinking of...

I'm good for what ever Mr Thomas wants cut.

I do want to make a pass on that old Monarch though.
I'm looking for just the right piece for a High Profile Walking Stick...  :)
Not a lot, just a little...

-gus

Conroe, TX

Offline 4dog

« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2013, 03:45:26 am »
So that would be this saturday correct or am i as tired as i think i am right now????  Lol

Offline Gus

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2013, 03:54:57 am »
Yes indeed, this coming Saturday...

-gus

Conroe, TX