Author Topic: Informal Survey  (Read 30100 times)

Offline bryan irwin

Re: Informal Survey
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:38 pm »
got it from reading pa buy one every mounth great mag
bryan irwin

WEEBOB

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 10:24:32 pm »
GOOGLED ARCHERY,

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 11:54:24 pm »
I was searching for something about primitive archery and ran across this article:
http://www.primitivearcher.com/articles/thejourney.html

Ended up finding myself in the community area.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 07:31:12 am »
I'm pretty sure I learned about it from the magazine.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 12:22:40 am »
Found out about PA mag at my first OJAM and found it from there.
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 07:43:56 pm »
From the magazine, love it too....
Genesis 27: 3

papasickle

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2009, 11:40:40 pm »
KnightD mentioned it when we were discussing a bow. Enjoying it  :)

Offline J. DEMPLER

• It ain't knappin' if you ain't bleedin'
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2009, 11:05:26 am »
I was searching for help with knapping, Found this place.
This sight has it all (bows,arrows,knapping,.....) That is why I like it so much.  :)
Plus all the good people on here that will try to help you with question you have.
Thank you everybody and thank you PA for such a great sight!!
Joe
There is a place for all of Gods creatures, right next to the potatoes and gravy.

Madison, Indiana

Offline KenH

• The Kilted Cook
    • The Kilted Cook Personal Chef
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2010, 11:52:14 am »
Heard about it from several places; then found it in a serendipitous search.
You Kill It - I Cook It!
Ken Hulme,
The Kilted Cook Personal Chef Service

Offline BigErn

• Central Texas
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2010, 09:46:43 pm »
      Wanted to learn how to build my own longbow,an did a search!A build-along came up,with the PA website.Now ya'll are stuck with me!
                                                                                                                                            Ernie
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.

Offline comix

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2010, 10:08:43 pm »
 a post in a german archery community... clicked on the link and here I was...

Offline PeteC

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2010, 10:54:04 pm »
I found the address in the magazine ,and when we got a computer,my son showed me how to get on.Dang,my son was still at home then! He's been to college and married for 6 years now.It has been a while. It's kinda funny,but this is the only site I visit at all.I can write E-mails to friends and family,but thats it. Thanks for this site ,and God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Mudd

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 11:39:35 am »
I believe it was at the original MoBoJam that I met.."what's his name?" Dang it! I hate it that my "sometimers" is more like "all-timers" any more. I can see his smiling face in my minds eye. Not what you'd call a handsome lad but  very pleasant young man with what he tried to pass off as a beard (more like scruff) and glasses. I think we had occasion to visit at several of the MoBoJams after That also. He was nice enough to sit a visit and even shared a sample copy of this crazy magazine to which I immediately bought a subscription. All of the issues I ever received was my favorite. I just couldn't isolate the #1 in my mind. I read every one of them from cover to cover the same day they arrived in the mail.
I kept them in a special place where I could easily find them and shove them in friends faces just to show them I wasn't the only crazy in the world or even in Missouri.  Then along came a very nice young man(jeff Vinson age 7 or 8) who showed a great deal of interest in archery even primitive archery. I knew immediately where I was gonna recycle any and all of my old magazines and any other reading material I could come up with. Fast forward, say 20 years this past fall. Jeff brought me a cardboard box filled with stuff he had gotten from me over the years. It was like Christmas early at my house.
 I noticed that one of the volumes wasn't there and neither of us knew whatever became of it. Someday maybe I'll find it or get another copy. The cover had a fella walking around with his bow being followed by a small herd of pack goats. A great read!!
Jeff just called me from New Orleans to tell me he was going thru "arch of the arrow" withdrawals and hoped he would make it back home before the end of our deer season so we could do a stalk hunt together. I got to share with him how I started 2010 with an arrow arching skyward with flames marking its path, carrying my prayers for a better year to come.

Wow! Don't get us ole folks started...hahaha!!!  It's a good thing my cell rang when it did or this post might have gone on for a couple more pages.

With all the love of Christ Jesus
Have a happy, healthy,safe and blessed 2010
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
God bless
Roy L"Mudd" Williams

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 12:44:22 am »
well was lookn on the webpage on how to make arrows and fount the forum tab and never left hehe
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2010, 09:47:04 pm »
Man, this brought back a memory. I was handed a copy of PA from a work buddy of mine that his uncle had laying around. That's been a few years back.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.