Author Topic: Eagle Feathers  (Read 19033 times)

Offline Michael C.

Re: Eagle Feathers
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2009, 05:15:34 pm »
Michael, those Parkers sure get around. :)

Yeah I don't know about people with that last name, my dad always said you can't trust hippies or a Parker  ;)  ;) ;)
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2009, 05:26:37 pm »
 Dang! Used to be the Hippie type,to. ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

jim_bob

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2009, 11:18:05 am »
its illegal to have an eagle feather? even if you just found it? i would just say it fell from the sky  O:) what about other raptors? i used to have a feather from a peregrine falcon.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2009, 11:35:16 am »
Jim Bob, it is a federal offense to possess any part from any raptor...and ignorance of the law is no excuse!!!  If in doubt look up the federal raptor laws.
  It is not the local deer cop but the federal game & fish officers and I'd bet that the ones that will enforce that law can identify the feather by sight. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

jim_bob

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2009, 11:57:51 am »
oh.... good thing i dont have that anymore.   :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2009, 02:35:08 pm »
 But if the local deer cop catches you, he'll give you a fine too. It is also against State Law too. Then he'll call his buddy, the Fed.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Grunt

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2009, 10:22:41 am »
If you want to use raptor feathers for personal adornment or decoration on a object Crazy Crow has simulated Eagle and other feathers for sale. The fake painted ones are hard to tell apart from the real ones.  The only time that I know of that real Eagle feathers are required are when warriors dance in the sun to honor their women.