Linked Events

• Nugget's N.C. get together: March 26, 2010 - March 28, 2010

Author Topic: Nuggets N.C Get together, knap in, bow building, semi primitive shindig.  (Read 30033 times)

Offline TreyNC

Wish I could bring you some rabbit, damn things lived in my kitchen all winter. They have only been outside for a week and a half. I could bring some texas pig for grilling sat.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Sounds good Trey. Bring it on down.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline boo

Oh heck yea, bring the pig  ;D
Boo

Offline nugget

The time has come. I am so ready. Can't wait til the morning. If you need directions now is the time. Planning on being outside early tomorrow. Gonna finish up a few little details and then I am going to start breaking rocks till everyone starts showing up. Chili will be ready around dinner time.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Grunt

I went down to Nugget's and Brenda's for the day yesterday. Had a shining time. You two are gracious hosts and a lot of work went into the doings. Had folks from 8 weeks old to folks in the mid 60's. Great presentation on survival skills. As usual everyone willing and able to share their knowledge and everyone willing to roll their sleeves and help each other. Learned that I got to make my re/de tips smaller.
Thanks you two.

Offline nclonghunter

Hey Grunt, I was the lurker watching all the great knapping. I didn't get your name but when you posted it was "shinning times", I realized yo were the guy wearing the buffalo vest. It was good meeting you and all the others. Looking forward to the next event already. I sent you a message on the trading list about the baker tent.
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Woodland Roamer

Hate I couldn't make it again. Lets see pics!  :)

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline bryan irwin

just wanted to thanks and had a great time good seeing every body again and meeting all the others like the others have said can't wait for the next one.
bryan irwin

Offline nugget

Thank you all for coming. You all are welcome any time. Thank yo fao all the nice comments. I had a great time.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
I had a ball, thanks, TJ. Good seeing some of ya'll again and meeting some new folks, too.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline n2everythg

Had a great time TJ even tho I wasnt up for long.
thanks for the invite.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Dingleberry

Yeah, thanks TJ.  It was nice to meet your family; all four generations present.  Had a ball hangin out with everyone.  No one has mentioned how the kids outshot us grownups......sorry fellas but the truth will set you free.  Look forward to hanging out in the future.  jonathan

Offline nugget

All them kids were shooting good. They were even turning out some decent points too.

Offline DanaM

Well dang don't you rednecks have any cameras ??? :P

TJ did ya give the bow I sent ya away?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline jonathan creason

I really hate I wasn't able to make it up for this one.  By the time I sent our youth kids home and then did the t-ball thing I was spent.  Hopefully there will be another, and hopefully I'll have a free weekend.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis