Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4652336 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12675 on: September 09, 2015, 03:59:26 am »
Steve I really don't, the guy I traded the targets to may have , I will ask. He is a maintenance supervisor at some factory and seemed to have a pretty good hook up but who know how he got them   >:D I didn't ask, he just offered to trade. :) Patrick I think this came from Mr McGuire ,set up by the fuel tanks above the work shop. :) Eddie hope yall can make it back in November, let me know. ;) I got the belt on the fan yesterday and after a little adjustments it worked out fine, then I went on a long hike doing some scouting, man the nut crop sucks this year, persimmon's are doing pretty good in spots but acorns are scares. ??? Wished now I had put out some food plots. ::) ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12676 on: September 09, 2015, 11:54:14 am »
I don't know about the other two, they're doing a lot of fishing, but I plan on it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #12677 on: September 10, 2015, 08:37:34 pm »
   ok i officially apologize to josh(gun doc) you seriously need some recognition building "the Bug Bomb" tiller is perfect and down rite cool. and thank you brother

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12678 on: September 11, 2015, 04:51:29 am »
I think he liked it Josh. ;) :) Got a big weekend planned, we are having the first leg of the 23rd
annual White Tail Classic. It is a fun and very laid back shoot,18 deer targets and 2 turkey all and very good hunting range. It starts in the morning ,then at about 4pm all the members / family and friends start to gather for the TwinOaks Bash. It is the last big cook out and get together for the year . We have done this for almost 30 years and always have it a week or so before the opening of deer season. Great fellowship/food and some picking around the fire. Can't wait. I have been busy this week scouting and putting up some stands, almost ready I think. :-\ The mass crop is awful this year so I have had to burn a lot of boot leather to find some good used spots. ;) I think I have come up with a few.  :)The good news about the weak mass crop is the deer will have to move to eat so in the long run it may just help at least that is what I keep telling myself. I put up 2 stands yesterday and also found a big Blue bark oak, at least that is what I call them ,loaded with acorns and dropping the deer are already using it, also found some rubs in the same small area so I at least know there is a buck somewhere around. :) of course those that know me know a doe will be just fine also. ;) :) I Plan on a stand there today. :) Hope yall have a good one, I think I will. :) Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12679 on: September 14, 2015, 04:06:15 am »
What a great weekend ,weather was beautiful except for some rain Friday ,but we really needed that . Had a good shoot Saturday,23 teams I think was the last count and then Saturday night we had a great meal and some good fellowship around the fire. A few managed to get in some bow work but mostly just hanging out and talking about old time and deer season coming in a couple of weeks. Here are a few pictures. ;) :) Mike showed up for the weekend,Jon's trophy from the shoot we went to a few weeks back and that much needed rain. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12680 on: September 14, 2015, 04:07:53 am »
Some hanging out and Bill and Will tillering on a boo backed bow.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12681 on: September 14, 2015, 04:10:16 am »
The shoot starting Sat. morning. Will working on his Boo bow and Mike doing some straighting on a nasty piece of Osage. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12682 on: September 14, 2015, 04:12:04 am »
Osage off the form. Some chilling around the fire while we were getting supper ready. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12683 on: September 14, 2015, 04:14:17 am »
The feed, everyone brings such good stuff, hard to try a little of each. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12684 on: September 14, 2015, 04:16:32 am »
Wound up the night with everyone so full they couldn't move. Jon gifted me a new bow rack for the cabin. Thanks Jon. Great time I think was had by all. Wished yall could have made it. :)
Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #12685 on: September 14, 2015, 04:44:24 am »
Thanks for sharing!  Like to see the pictures of people I know!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12686 on: September 14, 2015, 04:49:31 am »
Wished you could have been there Joe, good luck on your Moose hunt. Shoot straight. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12687 on: September 14, 2015, 08:17:13 am »
Looks like a nice weekend at Twin Oaks.  Good to see pics of Mike, Will, Miss Joanie, Beau, Kristina, Greg, Dan and others.  We've had a snap of cool weather the last few days, getting us Michiganders pumped for the season opener in a couple weeks.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12688 on: September 14, 2015, 08:28:59 am »
Ya Matt it was 45 here yesterday morning and about that this morning, love it. :) Chrystal clear and no moon. :) man it's nice. :) Just wished it would hold for a couple of weeks but very doubtful. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12689 on: September 14, 2015, 10:11:17 am »
41 here this morning and our first wood stove fire. Felt real good after a weekend in NYC.
 Looks like another great weekend at Twin Oaks. I'll bet the deer are as pumped about the cool air as we are.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC