Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694913 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12735 on: September 29, 2015, 09:24:54 am »
Boy!  you guys stacked them up. Looks like a very productive weekend.
 Our hunt was a bust. Rained the whole weekend and there were no deer sightings.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12736 on: September 29, 2015, 12:22:44 pm »
As usual, thanks for the sharing. My club opener was a bust also. I hate hunting and camping in the rain but still better than being at home and wishing I was there. Got stuff to talk about at the least. Glad you got gifted some meat but you know those guys expect some of that to show up in the camp stew pot. Sure looks like a good time. really like your deer cooler area. I know you guys worked hard on it. Enjoy!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12737 on: October 01, 2015, 07:57:33 am »
Yes Chief we put a lot of time in making that area comfortable and easy to use, and it gets a lot of use that is for sure. :) I boned out and got ready for processing 2 deer yesterday and skinned 1 more. ;) It make it really easy when you are in a place that you have everything you need to work with. I love hunting and killing deer as much as the next guy ,but I do really enjoy skinning/ boning and processing them also. :) So I would call yesterday a good day. :) Lots of meat and lots of supplies. :) Also make Miss Joanie happy when she sees the freezer filling up no matter if I kill them or not, and as most guys know it's always good to have a happy woman. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12738 on: October 01, 2015, 08:49:16 am »
Yes it is, Pappy.  A happy woman makes a happy home.  I'm heading out for our opener after work to try and put some meat in our freezer. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #12739 on: October 01, 2015, 11:27:26 am »
Looks like you fellas are off to a great start, thanks for sharing. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12740 on: October 02, 2015, 03:38:59 am »
Friday and can't wait till this day at work is over. Got all the deer cut and wrapped yesterday evening so the cooler is clear and ready for more. If the weather hold I plan on getting after them hard this weekend. don't know what the rest of the season will hold, got an appointment with the surgeon Monday morning to find out what and when they are going to operate on my arm so I best get after it  all I can until that happens. :( Hope yall have a good weekend. See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12741 on: October 05, 2015, 03:59:08 am »
Another great weekend at the Cabin, kind of cold and very rainy but had a great time no the less.We done a little hunting between the rain and all see deer but none on the ground. I got all the deer given to me cut and in the freezer so got meat either way. Here are a few pictures of the fun. ;) Bill got one of his Osage bows he has been working on shooting, looks very good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12742 on: October 05, 2015, 04:00:59 am »
Lots of meat in the freezer, also 6 shoulders for a start on the Classic feed, it take about 25 shoulders for that supper. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12743 on: October 05, 2015, 04:04:05 am »
 Back strap sinew, alway need more of that ;).Dan working on some arrows[flu/flus] for his up coming trip to SD for some Pheasant hunting. Good luck with that. ;) :) and a good hot fire for Friday evening, it was wet ,windy and cold for us TN. boys. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12744 on: October 05, 2015, 04:09:27 am »
Dan trimming his feathers to get about a 20 yard flight. Found a nice shed while putting up another stand, the one side we found scored 74 inches, if it matches the other side this is a hose. :) Jon and Bill doing some repair on a old glass bow that lifted a splinter. Dan[Jon's brother] came in for a weekend visit, great guy that fits right in. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12745 on: October 05, 2015, 04:13:39 am »
We did a little hunting but mostly just hung out and shot the bull around the shop and fire. :o Great time I think was had by all. :) Now for me this morning ,off to Vanderbilt to see about my arm, wish me luck. ;) :) Hope yall had a good weekend. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #12746 on: October 05, 2015, 07:45:21 am »
Oh my goodness! I hope you have another beer chair ready. It is such a fixture in your pics. I pray for good new about your arm and shoulder.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12747 on: October 05, 2015, 08:46:35 am »
Good luck at the Doc, Mark.  Thanks for the weekend update.  Wet, windy weekend here too.  Not much hunting in. 
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12748 on: October 05, 2015, 11:08:03 am »
Good luck at Vande, Pappy. Keep us posted.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #12749 on: October 05, 2015, 11:41:44 pm »
prayers and best wishes at Vandy, Pappy.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw