Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708545 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #12780 on: October 13, 2015, 04:33:42 am »
That's great Glenn, tell her congrats, nothing like your kids first. :) Got Beau's skinned and boned out yesterday, we will cut up and wrap after it soaks for a couple of days. I love skinning and cutting up deer.  ;) :) My daughter in law Christina [sweetest girl you will ever meet] was not raised around the kind of stuff we do but she has really came around and seems to really enjoy it. She post a cool picture on her face book last week, [I was told, I don't do face book] ;) :) :) it was a bow hunter and the topic said, " some folks call this hunting, we call it grocery shopping like a man" got to love that. ;) :) It's always gratifying and touching to me when you wife appreciates what you do and also for you filling the freezer.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #12781 on: October 13, 2015, 07:18:42 am »
That is a great quote Pappy. I knew I liked that girl. :)  Glenn, tell the young lady congrats.  That is special.  Debbie saw 4 deer Sat. morning and then one came in right at dark Sun evening and
she said it was too dark to pick a spot and let it walk away.  I was proud of her for not taking a iffy shot. It was less than 15 yards from her.  It is suppose to frost this weekend so, maybe they'll
be moving good this weekend.  I get to hunt this weekend so, I'm hopeful.  I need to shoot Friday after work to see if I can still hit anything.  It's been six weeks since I have shot. Good luck to
everyone going to the woods.

David

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #12782 on: October 13, 2015, 01:32:29 pm »
Fall is my favorite time of year! Looks like twin Oaks is the place to be. I'm may have to make a  surprise visit there some weekend. You guys be careful with the tree stands. I broke a hang on several years ago and now all I use is two man ladder stands. Very stable and a lot more room especially for a big guy.
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12783 on: October 14, 2015, 04:28:35 am »
Come see us when you can Patrick. :) The weather is getting nice around here so I plan on staying in the woods all I can the next few days, we are cutting up and packaging Beau's deer Thursday evening so I plan on hunting every evening but that. :) They are calling for 36 and a chance of frost Saturday night, so yes fall is here. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GlennM

« Reply #12784 on: October 15, 2015, 06:28:09 am »
Go get em Pappy. We had a does only archery season for the past 2 weeks. Friday starts the regular archery season. Game on. Weather looks iffy though. Cold. On and off rain and some snowflakes.'Brrrr.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12785 on: October 16, 2015, 04:34:24 am »
Thanks Glenn, this will be my last weekend for a while so I plan on getting in some hunting for sure. The weather is supposed to be beautiful with temps in the 30's at night so I am looking forward to it. We have a meeting and working at noon tomorrow and plan on roofing the old target shed so may not get to get out in the evening. :-\  Always lots to do in the fall getting ready for winter. Got Beau's deer cut up and wrapped yesterday evening, he wanted mostly steaks so that's how I cut it up,2 roast and the rest steaks. Everything I couldn't make into steaks and roast I ground up in burger. I put together our new grinder and over kill ant the word for it, man it is awesome but you really need to have more than I had when using it. Only ground about 10 or 12 lbs and  It took much longer to set up and clean after than it did to grind. Loved it.  ;) :) Hope yall have a good one. See ya Monday. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:51:32 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #12786 on: October 16, 2015, 08:17:55 am »
Good luck in the woods, Pappy.  Steve Davis and I are spending the weekend chasing Michigan whitetails.  Hopefully, we're quicker than they are.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12787 on: October 16, 2015, 08:33:18 am »
Cool, good luck to yall ,tell Steve I said ha, and ask if he is still thinking about coming to TN. after Christmas, or was it the Lite talking. love to have him back, need more squirrels and deer killed. ;) :) I should be up and going again by then. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12788 on: October 16, 2015, 09:07:45 am »
Have a good weekend, Pappy. I hope you get some wood sitting time.
 Matt, aim small, miss small!   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12789 on: October 19, 2015, 04:22:06 am »
Thanks for the well wishes guys, much appreciated. Had a great weekend, got lots done around the Cabin/some time in the shop and also put some meat in the freezer so that kind of weekend is hard to beat. Here are a few pictures of the fun. :) Bill showed up Friday to do some work on a pair of Hickory bows he is building for Linda's grand sons. Case came to spend the weekend and do some hunting, he is always a pleasure to have and a big help around the place for me. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12790 on: October 19, 2015, 04:24:54 am »
Got Beau's last deer all ready to pack up and also came up with a new cooler/old school and pretty nice. Ray and his Daughter and Grandson came by to do a little shooting and Bow work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12791 on: October 19, 2015, 04:27:55 am »
Also had a new young man come by to learn how to build a bow,[Caleb]He seems to be a quick learner and very interested.  :) We got his Osage to first brace before he had to leave. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12792 on: October 19, 2015, 04:32:26 am »
Then Saturday morning Beau and I doubled up. His was a 112 lb doe/8 yard shot and mine wasn't quite as large  ;) 60 lb doe 4 yard shot. Now more skinning and cutting up. Neather got out of site so it was a quick recovery.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12793 on: October 19, 2015, 04:35:53 am »
Then we had a club meeting and put a new roof on the old target shed, man them boys know how to get it done. Sweet pea is sure growing up. ;)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:34:00 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12794 on: October 19, 2015, 04:39:39 am »
We also voted to put what they call a Big A$$ fan in the pavilion[Dave O we need you] Then we done some clean up around the cabin and I got to spend a little time with one of my ElmHall bows, looking good so far, should make a nice one for them to auction.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good