Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708112 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Life is good
« Reply #13020 on: December 23, 2015, 11:03:40 am »
What a beautiful welcoming the western sky had for Ron last evening.  8)
 Pappy, that was the perfect place for you to reflect back on your memories of Ron.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline iowabow

« Reply #13021 on: December 23, 2015, 01:57:22 pm »
Pappy a young boy about 14 came to my house with his Dad and brother to watch me knap. His father is a cousin with a friend of mine. They live in Clarksville TN. The father is in the military and flies helicopters. The young boys name was Wyatt and he said that Matt brought him to twin oaks to shot targets. I think they live on the military facility there, Fort Campbell? This young man said he met you.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13022 on: December 24, 2015, 04:33:42 am »
Small world ant it John.  ;) :) I am sure I would know his face but not very good with names. :-[ Well it's not Friday but it is my last day for work until next year. ;) :) We will have Christmas at home and then I plan on spending a week at the cabin with some of my Yankee buddies/Gary/Davy and Hole in the bow Chuck are coming in Saturday evening. I planned on having them supper and a big fire going but I am going to be a pallbearer in King Ron funeral
Saturday at 2pm and it is an hour or so drive so that have to wait till I get back, they can just make themselves at home until I get there. ;) Looks like lots of rain for the week so I am planning on lots of shop time. Hope all of my friends here have a Blessed Christmas and great New year. I will be checking in from time to time but off the computer for a few days. See ya next year. ;) :) Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13023 on: December 24, 2015, 06:32:14 am »
Pappy:  King Ron was a gentleman, tough and resilient with a ready smile.  He represented all that Twin Oaks stands for.  You and the rest of us visitors to the farm have lost a true friend!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #13024 on: December 26, 2015, 09:23:58 pm »
Pappy this will spark some memories  of other gone on before us!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13025 on: December 30, 2015, 08:13:56 am »
Cool picture Guy , thanks. Having a great time with Gary and the NY boys, seeing lots of deer, 1 killed so far. Gary killed a doe yesterday so me and him are spending time in the shop and around the fire. The others are out hunting. We are going to skin and bone his today to get it ready for the trip North, all but the inner loin and heart, we had that for supper. Back with a few pictures in a few days. Life is good. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #13026 on: December 30, 2015, 08:56:09 am »
Congrats to Gary for his doe.  Heard about it from his son, Steve yesterday.  Glad ya'll having fun!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #13027 on: December 30, 2015, 09:20:31 am »
Good to hear everybody is having a good time, congrats to Gary!
Good luck to Dave, Chuck and you also Pappy, it would be nice to see you get that 7 pointer.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #13028 on: December 30, 2015, 09:22:58 pm »
Glad to hear Gary got one
sounds like a good time
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #13029 on: December 31, 2015, 02:38:01 pm »
King Ron was a special guy, although I haven't been to the classic more than 5 times, each time he made me feel welcome and that my cooking talents were appreciated there. I'm sorry for the loss to all of his family and those of you at Twin Oaks.
VB

Offline bubby

« Reply #13030 on: January 03, 2016, 11:38:37 pm »
I decided to make a handle for this plumb boy scout hatchet, got it roughed out good needs a little refining and then sand and finish
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13031 on: January 04, 2016, 05:25:54 am »
That looks great bubby, your a natural. It kind of get additive like all this other stuff we do. I think I have 3 or 4 more going right now. I have put handles in about everything in the shop over the last few week including an old flat shovel.  ;) :)Had a great week or so off. Christmas was good as normal ,love the time spent with friends and family. Kind of sad with Ron leaving us but all you can do is move on. The week after was fun also with all my Yankee buddy's hunting /eating and hanging out. Got a lot of small projects done in the shop in between cooking and shooting the bull. :) Here are a few pictures of the fun. Got the Osage almost ready to brace and some ax/maul handles in the works.
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 06:48:53 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13032 on: January 04, 2016, 05:27:27 am »
More handles and Christmas gift from Michael, thanks Michael love it. ;) :) Also have lots of Walnut around from my timber cutting so decide to put a seat on and old stool that belonged to my mom. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13033 on: January 04, 2016, 05:31:29 am »
Some Christmas gifts from Beau and Christina, Ladder stand and stuffer, I can use both of these. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13034 on: January 04, 2016, 05:33:25 am »
Sally making handles. ;) :) Gary /Davy and Chuck show up from the far North. Gary warming up for the hunt. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good