Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4651000 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #14790 on: May 11, 2017, 04:14:04 am »
Plenty of food, we feed over 300. Then the Thunder chirt napping challenge started, James did the honors busting up the commode.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14791 on: May 11, 2017, 04:17:25 am »
Very fun event, they broke it into to classes this year with kids and adults, Shannon Walker's son Mason won, chip off the old block. Shannon has won it a few times and has his name on the lid, now his son is right beside him. Very cool.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14792 on: May 11, 2017, 04:24:12 am »
Scott won the adult and very well deserved , then to top off the weekend Eddie went out and killed a very nice Turkey, what a way to finish the week. We had 603 register for the shoot and probably 1000
folks there at any given time so it was a big success for us, many thanks to all that helped out, can't name the all, just to many but I truly want you all to know how much I appreciate it. The showing was a little light from west of the Mississippi I am sure because of the floods, I wish them the best and hope they all came out all right, the North East /east and south made up for it. Hope everyone one that came left with a smile, I know I had a big one. ;) :) :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #14793 on: May 11, 2017, 09:03:39 am »
Thank you Pappy, Mrs. Joanie and all of the Twin Oaks crew for hosting this event your hard work doe's not go unnoticed or unappreciated! :OK

Kevin
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:13:51 am by Buffalogobbler »
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #14794 on: May 11, 2017, 01:20:27 pm »
Man what a great event! Looking through the pictures I couldnt help but think about the classic I made it to a couple of years ago.  I will make it again,  hopefully next year, Lord willing.

As far as the flooding pappy, at least where im at,  we managed just fine.  I was able to help out some that was less fortunate though.  Party the reason I couldnt make it down. The main reason I couldnt make it was because my route was closed due to flooding.  I couldn't get over about 10 miles East of poplar bluff mo.  Wich ment I couldnt take the alternative routes either.  But I was planning on being there on Thursday afternoon!
I guess ill just have to come down for a weekend and visit!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14795 on: May 11, 2017, 01:54:23 pm »
Great event & pics....Sure it was a hooorahhh!!!!I was there once back in 2012 I think.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #14796 on: May 11, 2017, 03:18:57 pm »
Great pictures, makes me miss it even more

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14797 on: May 11, 2017, 07:05:44 pm »
Oh forgot to mention...Congrats on the turkey mullet.A real limb hanger!!!!
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14798 on: May 11, 2017, 07:23:02 pm »
You ought to come back Ed.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14799 on: May 12, 2017, 03:41:08 am »
Ya love to see you again Ed. ;) Well it's Friday and I finely got caught up here at work and headed to the cabin  when I get off. I still some straightening up to do but have most everything back in it place.
It should be a peaceful weekend and not quite as hectic as the last one was . ;)  ;D ;D I don't have any big plans but did get another blow horn started yesterday, Pat gifted me a nice one at the Classic and I just couldn't stand just letting it set there. ??? Also I have an Osage stave ready to tiller so I hope to get back on a few projects I have been putting off until after the Classic. ;) Hope yall have a good one also. See ya Monday. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #14800 on: May 12, 2017, 08:32:20 am »
Kathie and I had a fantastic time like always, Mark. It was really good to see everybody and catch up. And thanks to the Twin Oaks guys for all of their hard work and to you, for the opportunity to hunt turkeys on a great, piece of property. I feel blessed.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14801 on: May 12, 2017, 10:04:57 am »
Yea I know.Thanks!I'm sure I would of enjoyed it again.I'm going to run through the motions with a teardrop camper I acquired and a squaw cooler awning at Mo Jam later this summer.A little more quick/easy/and convenient then my other camps.
Did anyone keep track of the other contests and criteria that happens?Like how many bows got built?Who won the speed bow making contest?Figures of feeding over 300 people on a saturday night feed are overwhelming.I'm sure it IS rather quiet now a couple days after the event.Kind of like a hang over????.....lol.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14802 on: May 12, 2017, 10:51:04 am »
Ed, I think there were 60 bows built and James had 6 of his glue-ups finished and all were shot for score. This year, unlike the past, folks started building bow from the Friday before so there was never a big crowd in the shop at any given moment.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14803 on: May 12, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
I see.WOW!!!! that's a bunch of bows.The old tillering tree got a work out then.Does a person speak up ahead of time for those glue ups of James'?One of the things I missed was the diversity of different woods from different parts of the country.Good horse trading time!Getting there early proved to be beneficial for getting the prime staves....lol.
I know DVS is tireless mentoring at Mo Jam making bows.A fair amount of bows built there then too.I would suppose the saturday night feed there feeds 75 people for sure.I could be wrong though.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14804 on: May 12, 2017, 02:24:49 pm »
Ed, James prefers you let him know ahead of time but he has extras he sells there, also.