Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649085 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #15855 on: May 21, 2018, 06:39:01 am »
Off the form and looking good. Bill/Shawn and Garret working on an Osage and Hickory bow. Both coming along nicely. I also had a big Boa gifted to me, a beautiful green with white spots on it, it was 68 inches long with the head removed. I got it skinned and on the board to dry. Should make a beautiful bow backing. :) A good friend I go to church with use to raise them, they aren't doing that anymore so as they die off she is gifting them to me, :) they have around 200 left, got to love that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15856 on: May 21, 2018, 06:43:21 am »
Skins Drying nicely in the sun.  :) My girls just doing what they do and I caught this guy laying across my tractor seat. Beautiful snake. I took him from the tractor seat and turned him loose in a more appropriate place, in the woods.  ;) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15857 on: May 21, 2018, 02:03:15 pm »
Nice skin, Mark and those boas are tasty on the grill.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #15858 on: May 21, 2018, 06:42:34 pm »
I was the photographer of that picture. Good times this past weekend.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #15859 on: May 22, 2018, 03:26:48 am »
Thanks for posting Pappy !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #15860 on: May 22, 2018, 01:09:31 pm »
Wish I lived closer! You all are having way too much fun. Starting to set up my gardens at my place and working to get my shop in order. Taking me years to get to it all!

Pappy, hope that snake was not a rattler! If so you must be a snake charmer!!!!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15861 on: May 23, 2018, 05:50:51 am »
No Tiller it is what I call a chicken snake/rat snake/garter snake, not sure of what they really are so all the same to me, :) lots of them around. No rattles in our area for some reason, copper heads but no rattlers. Not supposed to kill any snake in Tennessee, the one I sinned was a pet of some friends. ;) I have spent some time in the shop the last couple of days on some bow and knife projects and getting some stuff finished up. I got lots to do around the farm but seems the rain is never going to stop, I guess it will some day, at least it always has before. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #15862 on: May 23, 2018, 06:32:35 am »
Love to see that green skin on a bow. That should be cool looking. And I hear you on the rain. Last weekend got 5 3/4" from Saturday at 11AM till Sunday, 7AM and then 2" more Sunday afternoon and night.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #15863 on: May 23, 2018, 01:42:49 pm »

This is strange! Up here in the Northwet we have been having unusually warm weather and tones of sunshine. Did you and Eddie work out something with God to bring the rain East to you. Can we have some of it back??? :-)

No Tiller it is what I call a chicken snake/rat snake/garter snake, not sure of what they really are so all the same to me, :) lots of them around. No rattles in our area for some reason, copper heads but no rattlers. Not supposed to kill any snake in Tennessee, the one I sinned was a pet of some friends. ;) I have spent some time in the shop the last couple of days on some bow and knife projects and getting some stuff finished up. I got lots to do around the farm but seems the rain is never going to stop, I guess it will some day, at least it always has before. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline paulc

« Reply #15864 on: May 23, 2018, 02:56:44 pm »
Looks like a corn snake otherwise known as red rat snake....fwiw Paul

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15865 on: May 24, 2018, 06:09:02 am »
No Tiller not me, he just does what he likes and I deal with it. ;) You would be welcome to some of the rain we are getting that is for sure. :o Thanks paulc, like I said I just call them all chicken snakes/rat snakes or black racers unless they are rattlers/copper heads or cotton mouths.  ;) :) I need to learn them better,like trees we have so many different ones that are close to the same. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #15866 on: May 24, 2018, 08:03:29 am »
Cool color on that boa pappy.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15867 on: May 25, 2018, 06:05:09 am »
Thanks Ed, yes I think it will look good on a bow. Friday and headed to the cabin for some fun and relaxation. As always got thing to do so we will see what we get into. I have a couple of bows in the tillering stages so plan to be working on them. Hope yall have a great Memorial day weekend and don't forget to think about and honor all the folks that have passed keeping the freedom we enjoy alive.  :) Many thanks to them.
 Life is Good  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15868 on: May 27, 2018, 04:53:25 pm »
Very laid back weekend, we had a working Saturday and finely got all the stuff wrapped up and back in place from the Classic and I managed to get some others projects finished up. Here are a few pictures. Got a set of billets spliced for Shawn. Got the Shadow box filled and mounted from the Thunder Challenge at the Classic and KY Dave's Osage finished tillered. 48@28 he wanted 50 but this will have to do. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15869 on: May 27, 2018, 04:58:15 pm »
I got another Osage in the works  Also got the head James napped at the Classic put in a case and mounted in the napping pit. It was sent to me in rough form several years ago , just can't remember who sent it, anyway James finished it up and it looks very cool in the pit. Thanks for ever who sent it :-[  and to James for finishing it up. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good