Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633029 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16365 on: January 18, 2019, 05:25:37 am »
Friday and headed to the Cabin, we called off the squirrel hunt this Saturday due to the weather, heavy rain and wind all day they say then turning to snow Saturday night and dropping 30 + degrees over night so looks like some shop time, which is fine with me. ;) I have several projects in the works so will stay busy. Today is supposed to be pretty nice so a good fire and then just see what I can get into. Jon and Little John are coming down for a day or so, that is always fun. Hope yall have a good one also. Life Is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16366 on: January 20, 2019, 10:59:50 am »
Fun weekend, very wet but that's OK , got lots of time in the shop as did many others. Here are a few pictures. A knife blade from a farrier's rasp in the works and also another walking stick being debarked. :) Just can't seem to get enough of either. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16367 on: January 20, 2019, 11:01:16 am »
Had an old pitch fork that needed a handle, so a small dead ERC tree done the trick. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16368 on: January 20, 2019, 11:04:51 am »
Handle done, also found an old Tater rake we call them :)  [weeding rake] that needed a handle also, so I decided to make one for it also.. Bill and Linda showed up, Bill working on tip overlays and Linda on a walking stick. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16369 on: January 20, 2019, 11:06:24 am »
Bill working on overlays, Case working on a Mallet and Chuck on another knife. Tater rake handle finished. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:24:23 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16370 on: January 20, 2019, 11:11:39 am »
Brought out some of my old 22's for the squirrel hunt, rained it out so we plan on it next weekend or the next. One of my favorite in the old Model 4 Remington Rolling block. Built around 1928 or there about. Cool little gun and good shooter. Case getting some lessons from Dan on the lathe ;) Making a Honey spoon from Walnut.
 Pappy.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:26:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16371 on: January 20, 2019, 11:14:21 am »
 Some of Dan's newest arrows. Me Working on my blade and Little John working on a hobo fishing reel.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16372 on: January 20, 2019, 11:16:30 am »
Fishing rig finished. My first attempt at a Honey spoon and Shawn laying out some billets. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16373 on: January 20, 2019, 11:18:39 am »
My blade coming along . Chuck just gringing away and trying to keep the fire going with 2 inches of rain, he done a great job at it. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16374 on: January 20, 2019, 11:23:18 am »
Some mallet blanks roughed out. My second attempt on a Honey spoon, better but still a little large and not round enough on the head, maybe the next one will be better, practice make prefect they say. ;) :) Then from 60+ Saturday and rain to 25 and snow for this morning, man the weather can change quick. That's it for this week. Hope yall had a good one also. Stay warm  :) Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16375 on: January 21, 2019, 02:26:58 am »
Thanks Pappy -  :OK Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16376 on: January 21, 2019, 01:34:17 pm »
You are welcome Bob, stay warm up there, cold in the outside shop today, never got out of the 20's and a stiff N wind makes it tough, at least the sun was out and with a good fire I done alright. :) Looks like winter has finely set in here. Supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow and then back down in the 20's for highs and single to low teens for lows by late week. Feb. is usually on coldest month here so I guess it's about time.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16377 on: January 21, 2019, 03:46:24 pm »
Pappy we bring our fires inside this time of year. It doesn't take as much wood that way. You know kinda like white man build big fire stand far away, Indian build small fire sit close. Looks like your getting lots done anyway. Cold here now. Just above zero and a nasty wind. Had a hard time driving home last night. Had to stop a couple times just couldn't see with the blowing snow. It's the first snow we've had now since probably November I think. That time of year.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16378 on: January 22, 2019, 05:23:15 am »
Ya BJ I like a big fire. Cold here also but supposed to warn into the 50"S today, problem is wind 35 to 40 out of the south, then cold and snow tomorrow night and really cold by the weekend. I need to get my 2 racked hides moved under roof today and secure them down or they may blow away like a kite. Also may be a good day to work and dry the one I have brained in the freezer, I thought when I started these the weather was going to be prefect for hide work, Low 40"and dry, how wrong I was, ???  I don't have an inside option  ;) :)  o well they will keep and surly the weather will get better sooner or later, or as my old uncle use to say when I ask a question about the weather " it always has before Mark"   ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16379 on: January 22, 2019, 07:11:38 am »
I like a big fire to Pappy. It's brutal outside here now. Ran out of water last night and had to get some from my dads well. Not a fun job when it 2 degrees and wind is blow 30. I couldn't open the drain valve because it froze before I could empty tank.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise