Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4630425 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #16770 on: August 08, 2019, 07:17:02 am »
You are welcome Bob, sorry I missed you and also BJ. maybe somewhere else down the line, at least I hope so. Started down to the cabin yesterday to do some touch up on the ranges to be ready for this weekends shoot and had a couple of large trees down across the drive, storm Tuesday night I guess,so my plans changes, cut wood to clear the drive, well a man needs fire wood. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16771 on: August 09, 2019, 06:39:24 am »
Friday and headed to the farm in a short while, still have a few things to do to be ready for our event Tomorrow and Sunday after that who knows what we might get into. :-\  Hope yall have a good one also and if you are in the area drop by we have a nice 40 target course set and lots of good eating, should be a fun weekend. Life is Good. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #16772 on: August 09, 2019, 07:10:24 am »
Pappy burgers for everyone! Sounds good.

HH~

MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16773 on: August 12, 2019, 06:58:38 am »
It was a good time for sure, and yes Shawn sold a lot of Pappy burgers. ;) 118 showed up to bear the heat so we were very well pleased and seems all had a great time. I will have a few pictures up in a day or 2, now time to go clean up the place and get ready for the next one and deer season !!!
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #16774 on: August 12, 2019, 07:36:24 am »
I smell and see tobacco sheds firing. Wont be long now till the selfbow is hanging from a limb 18ft up!

Great shoot, big and little targets. Good to see folks before they all spread out for their favorite hunting grounds all over the country. Time for broad head shooting and cleanin up stand location base on what the deer be into early season.

HH`
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16775 on: August 12, 2019, 03:15:50 pm »
Ya it's getting that time of year Shawn, shot the practice range this morning and then split some of your Osage, needed a work out and got it. Didn't take many pictures of the event but here are a few special ones. Bill cutting some fire wood, man he likes doing that. Some of Shawn's starves, trying to get them sized down and to yellow wood before putting them in the barn. Tree's from MI. 3 wild apples and 2 Norwegian pines. Hope I can get them to live, legend is the apples came from seed Johnie Appleseed planted. :-\ Not sure about that but cool thought just the same.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16776 on: August 12, 2019, 03:19:09 pm »
The girls just hanging out waiting for the shoot to begin. This young man has been coming to TwinOaks since he was about 5 years old, now grown and just turned pro this year, great kid and man can he shoot. Pretty laid back event, folks just hanging out under the fan's and eating Pappy Burgers. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16777 on: August 12, 2019, 03:21:11 pm »
Got to spend some time with Margaret Ann, don't usually get to do that much at events, it was fun for sure and like all kids she loves the creek.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16778 on: August 12, 2019, 03:24:22 pm »
Also got to see Will's little girl, man she is growing and sweet as a button. Little kids seem to really like me and I can't for the life of me figure why. Guess I look like Santa. ??? :) Hope yall had a good one also. :)
 Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #16779 on: August 13, 2019, 02:58:44 am »
Thanks Pappy  :OK Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline neuse

« Reply #16780 on: August 13, 2019, 06:45:16 am »
Love seeing your pictures Pappy, but that fire is hard to look at right now, 104 today, feels like 110.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #16781 on: August 13, 2019, 05:27:50 pm »
Pappy,
The tree story is very cool. Planting them and passing on that story will be appreciated by the next Generation. Always enjoy seeing what you guys are up to down there. You sure do keep busy and enjoy life, which is good! Your Grand Daughter is wonderful and you are blessed to be able to spend time with her. Please take care and thanks as always for posting the going's in your neck of the woods.
God bless you,
Brian
PS. I met a guy one time that grew apple trees from seeds that went on the Apollo moon landing. The story was he knew the astronaut and the seeds were hidden inside a ball point pen. Not sure if it was true but it sure made those trees special at least to him and his heirs! 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16782 on: August 15, 2019, 06:25:36 am »
Thanks guys, and yes Brian I do try and stay busy and enjoy my time with ,Margaret Ann. I been shooting the practice range every morning early all this week and plan on trying to keep that up until Hunting starts. also working on Shawn's Osage stash, splitting/ belly splitting and debarking.I love doing that and he needs the help to get it put away before we really get busy hunting. He should have enough to last him a good while once it ages for a year or 2. That should be about finished up by the end of the weekend. Really been hot so having to take that stuff slow and easy. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16783 on: August 16, 2019, 05:16:00 am »
Friday and headed out in a little while, plan on shooting early and then cutting a big Hickory for staves if all goes well it should provide 40+ staves.
 [Big Pig nut ] Been helping Shawn all week getting his Osage stash ready to put up and we are about done with them and ready to put them in the barn. Been quite a work out for me, it has been a while since I have done that many at one time, lots of fun. Supposed to very hot again so I need to get after it early, stay cool and I hope yall all have a good one also. Life is Good  ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16784 on: August 18, 2019, 05:41:27 pm »
Great weekend, very hot but got a lot done, got the big Hickory cut and for the record, August 17 is to late to cut Hickory if you want the bark to slip easy. We got most of it done but it fought us all the way. I like to cut it later but from now on August 1st will be the latest. Some we are going to take off with a draw knife which ant that bad but sure not as easy as it just peeling right off especially when you have a bunch to do. This will make around 40 + 2 inch staves and what we have left to draw knife will make 20+ more, so lots of wood. Here are a few pictures of the weekend. Shawn's Osage almost done, we like 3 more to debark. 2 more hammers that need handles when I get time ???  and the Pig Nut Hickory I cut. :) Big one, 60 inches around the trunk and a rough count of the rings was a little over 100 years. :) So it has been around a while. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 06:04:11 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good