Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632588 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19410 on: April 02, 2023, 05:59:41 pm »
Shawn and Doug showed up the work on bows, Shawn working on a Mullberry bow and I am helping Doug on his first Osage bow, I told he is one of the most challenging people I have ever helped, he only seems to have an hour at a time, about the time we get on a roll he has to go, guess we will get it done someday.  :-\ :) Got the handle ready for my blade, deer leg bone with cow horn cap.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19411 on: April 02, 2023, 06:03:08 pm »
Got my handle fitted and glued up on my knife. Shawn got his mullerberry billets ready to splice, I took some time before the storm and the sun was shinning to scrape another hide, down to 1 and finished for the year. My girls waiting for the storm to roll in and boy did it. :o :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19412 on: April 02, 2023, 06:08:43 pm »
Got a stand built for my new knife, walnut from the farm and deer antler stand and stop. I liked the design so well decided to make another, just a couple inches shorter, went at it hard and got it completed over the weekend . That may just be my last before the Classic, ??? :-\ [ I know yall have heard that before ]  :) :) time is closing in and if the weather will cooperate got lots to do.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19413 on: April 02, 2023, 06:11:07 pm »
Had some guest Saturday evening, our new member Bob's little girls, cute as a button and sweet to boot, they have a million questions and are really taking it all in, I love that. Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19414 on: April 03, 2023, 02:59:15 am »
We had Severe T-Storms Roar thru here Friday nite. Good to see Kids at the Farm, Cool place for them  (=) ! Thanks Pappy - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19415 on: April 03, 2023, 05:15:10 pm »
Looks like you are getting stuff in place for the Classic Pappy.

Love to see those kids enjoying themselves there. Gives a person a good feeling.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19416 on: April 04, 2023, 07:57:40 am »
I feel the same BJ, haven't had many around for a few years and now it seems we have several again, mostly little girls but that't fine with me. They are always so interested at least till the get into the teen years, ??? love watching them grow up but it happens to fast. Glad you are safe Bob, it has been a rough Spring around here also, more bad storms supposed to come through tomorrow evening, they just won't seem to stop.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19417 on: April 07, 2023, 07:58:44 am »
Headed to the cabin for a couple of days, got a Yew bow I am trying to finish and a sheath for my last knife, other than that we are having a working and meeting tomorrow to get the ranges cleaned and start setting them up for the Classic, it takes a while to do that so we are staring early, also this is the youth Turkey hunt weekend and Dave [otis] is bring his grandson down from IN. for that, he killed his first last year on the youth hunt and I am hoping for a repeat  ;) :) :) It should be a fun weekend, then of course Sunday is Easter and what a precious  day that is for me !!! Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #19418 on: April 07, 2023, 08:04:21 am »
Looking forward to getting down there.  Connor is fired up about it. :)

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19419 on: April 09, 2023, 03:43:30 pm »
Enjoyed having yall Dave, Connor is growing into a fine young man. :) We had a great weekend it was the youth Turkey hunt and also had a good working Saturday getting the ranges cleaned and laid out for the Classic. I also got a few of my last projects finished,I will be focused on getting things finished up the next few weeks for the Classic so my stuff will be put on hold. ??? ;) :) Got Beau's larger knife finished up with a stand and sheath, he should be set now.  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 04:10:18 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19420 on: April 09, 2023, 03:45:13 pm »
Got a Dogwood stave ready for the form and also putting the finish on my Yew bow.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19421 on: April 09, 2023, 03:50:47 pm »
Got the Dogwood off the form and it turned out nice, I think it will make a great bow. Had a buddy ask if I wanted an old scale that was his grandfathers, I said sure, plan on cleaning it up and mounting it in the shop where we weigh deer, if people ask I will tell that is what we use to weigh Tennessee Deer, it goes to 8000 lbs.  ;) :) :) Dan and I was riding the ranges to see what needed to be done Saturday morning and ran across this half of an 8 point shed, don't find many but got lucky this time.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19422 on: April 09, 2023, 03:53:48 pm »
Yew bow all finished with 5 coats of tru oil and 2 coats of satin polly. Handle wrap hemp cord and cow horn over lays.  :) Also love Gen. 9:2  :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 04:11:48 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19423 on: April 09, 2023, 03:55:49 pm »
Yew at full draw. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19424 on: April 09, 2023, 04:01:31 pm »
Some of the guys went out mushroom hunting and found a few, just a little early yet. Then venison steak for supper Friday night, first thing Saturday morning Connor got a Jake, his 2nd turkey.He was a happy young man along with his Grand paw. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 04:15:46 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good