Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633205 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19425 on: April 09, 2023, 04:09:06 pm »
Dave done the cooking Saturday night, chicken roll ups, venison steak and peppers stuffed with sausage and wrapped in beacon. One thing for sure we don't go hungry !!!! Then Sunday morning early he got his second Tom for the year , nice beard and 1 inch spurs, you can only kill 2 in Tennessee this year so I guess he is done until next year. It was a great time for sure. Went home Sunday morning and went to sun rise service, not sure why they call it that because the sun had been up a while  ??? ;) but either way it was a very good service and I really enjoyed it. :) Hope yall had a Blessed Easter and great weekend. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #19426 on: April 09, 2023, 10:54:04 pm »
Thanks for letting us come hunt and hang out with you.  We really appreciate it.  Connor was asleep not long after we got on Penny Riley. :D  We had a great time.  You're right about us not going hungry.  Debbie was really happy to get the mushrooms.  They may start popping up here shortly if we can get it to stay warm.  As the thread is titled, Life Is Good.  See ya'll in about 3 weeks.

David

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19427 on: April 10, 2023, 02:57:12 am »
That Yew Bow came out nice Pappy ! Thanks as always  (=) - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19428 on: April 13, 2023, 07:42:25 am »
Headed to the cabin for a few days, be spreading mulch and putting up a couple of big tents along with some more clean up and range work.It is also opening weekend for turkey got Eddie and a friend of his coming in along with a couple of buddies from AR. [John and Bo] I might get out but kind of doubt it, just can't get my mind on it right now so will probably wait till the Classic is over.  :-\ Should be fun with all them around and who know might get to see a dead Turkey. ;) Hope yall have a good one also. Life is Good.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19429 on: April 16, 2023, 01:18:34 pm »
Great few days, really made some head way on being ready to go, got all the mulch work done and also most of the ranges set. I worked on it pretty much by myself Thursday but had some good help friday to get it finished up.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19430 on: April 16, 2023, 01:21:09 pm »
Got the mulch done Friday along with a few other small projects then Eddie and his buddy Doug showed up Friday evening to do some Turkey hunting.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19431 on: April 16, 2023, 01:29:36 pm »
We set so many targets and scenery set ups and everyone seems to have different ideas that we decided this year to give each member 2 or 3 stations and have them set them how they like, I think it was a cool idea and turned into a family affair for me, Beau and the grand kids came Saturday and we let them give us ideas and help set the Kids shooting stakes , we had a ball and they were good help toting antlers/hammers and such, great fun with them for sure. Eddie and Doug killed their Turkeys early.Lot of Turkey here and for good hunters like them it don't take long.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19432 on: April 16, 2023, 01:33:20 pm »
Then some of the range set up, looking pretty good to me. It's a big job to get it set but everyone seemed to have fun and give a lot of thought on each set up.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19433 on: April 16, 2023, 01:34:36 pm »
More out on the ranges.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19434 on: April 16, 2023, 01:36:11 pm »
Few more.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19435 on: April 16, 2023, 01:38:11 pm »
You will have to come to see the rest  ;) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19436 on: April 16, 2023, 04:47:49 pm »
Pappy,
Your place and courses look great! Good idea with letting members each work on a target scenario. We did something similar many years ago and the results were good also. I hope all of you have a very successful event. You sure put in a lot of effort and it shows.
Take care, Brian at Poverty Hill

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19437 on: April 17, 2023, 04:20:51 am »
Lookin' good Pappy ! Great set-ups. Thanks as always  (=) Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19438 on: April 17, 2023, 07:48:47 am »
We try Brian and you are welcome Bob.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19439 on: April 17, 2023, 08:32:51 am »
We had a great time, Pappy! Can't thank you enough. Always good to see you and the rest of the gang. Doug got caught in another tornado driving to Missouri and had to park in between some old warehouses to ride it out. he was okay, though.
It was great to see John and Beau and meet John's son. It had been a few years. as always, Life is Good!
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?