Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649379 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #19470 on: May 16, 2023, 06:44:01 am »
And more
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19471 on: May 16, 2023, 06:46:29 am »
More vendors and the Gary Davis self bow challenge sigh up, miss Gary for sure but his memories lives on. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19472 on: May 16, 2023, 06:48:14 am »
Lots of staves and Blanks and our very on PatB's leather work, some beautiful stuff.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19473 on: May 16, 2023, 06:51:27 am »
Don't know how I missed a few vendors/Asbell wool/Jim Davis, arrow fix/Ryno products and 3 rivers archery/Tomahawk Bows/ got side tracked I guess. Then the awards befor pot luck supper. Lots of kids, you got to love that !!!!!
 Pappy
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 07:23:37 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19474 on: May 16, 2023, 06:53:14 am »
Didn't get all the winners, just the kids. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19475 on: May 16, 2023, 06:56:02 am »
More kids, My Margaret Ann and Bodhi didn't win but you would have thought they did with the awards we gave to all the kids.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19476 on: May 16, 2023, 07:09:29 am »
Randy Grinder from Trad fest donated a bow and we dicided to give it to a worthy young archer that we felt like would appreciate it and put it to good use, hard decision but we came up with this young man, he was so excited, thanks Randy for making this happen. :) Patrick stayed another night after the Classic before heading back to TX. Good to see him and spend a little time watching him work, Pat also stayed over,along with James/family and Davy/Barb always good to spent some time with them. I am so busy while it is going on I don't get a lot of time with my friends, hope they understand. :) :) :) Had people from all over this great country of ours and several other country's as well. Hope they had a good time and can make it back some day, as Gus said in Lonesome Dove" it has been quite the Party." Good Lord willing we will do it again next year, same place and about the same time. ;) :) :) Life is Good.  :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19477 on: May 16, 2023, 07:47:40 am »
I hated to miss the Classic this year Pappy.  It just wasn't possible for us to make it.  We are hoping things work out for next year.  Looks like you had a great turnout. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BrianS

« Reply #19478 on: May 16, 2023, 08:25:13 am »
Pappy
Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures for those of us who were not there. Looks like a great time. Lots of smiling faces! That’s a great picture of Hole in the bow Chuck! My turkey woods are quiet this morning so I am looking at pictures of twin oaks on primitive archer on my phone. Amazing technology today!
Take care and good luck with the turkeys,
Brian

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19479 on: May 16, 2023, 12:21:54 pm »
Thanks for the pictures Pappy.

I’m sure hoping to make it there sometime. Even though I have never been there I want to thank you and everyone at Twin Oaks for everything you guys and gals do for our sport.

It certainly looks like a lot of fun and smiling faces, but that’s because of everything you all do. I’m pretty sure you all are glad it’s over. I’m sure I would be.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline uwe

« Reply #19480 on: May 16, 2023, 02:42:42 pm »
Hi,
It looks like a big family! Good or better TOP event.
Cheers Uwe

Offline chamookman

« Reply #19481 on: May 17, 2023, 04:08:12 am »
Thanks for shareing Pappy, and thanks for all that You and the entire Crew that helps. Glad to see alot of Bows made - I know Gary was smiling. Wish I could have been there  (=) - Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19482 on: May 17, 2023, 07:09:25 am »
Ya Miss you Clint, hope to see you down the road somewhere, Brian it is no trouble and glad you enjoy, ya Chuck was all smiles and looking good, looked like he was feeling good also. Hope you can make it down someday BJ, I am sure you would enjoy it, and ya glad it is over and went well but kind of sad it will be a year before I see a lot of my friends again. :( It is a big Family uwe  ;) :) :) Yes Bob wished you could have been there also and missed Matt and Heather, not sure whats up with them but know they are busy, and yes I am sure Gary was smiling , thought of him a lot over the week. I am sure he would have approved.  :) It has really grown since he first started coming and I always remember his words to me as I wanted it to grow "careful what you wish for "  ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #19483 on: May 17, 2023, 09:07:20 am »
Pappy, sure wished I could have made it , just wasn't made to be this yr. Careful what ya wish for, I remeber hearing that, wow what a turnout. Missed seeing everyone. Bob

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #19484 on: May 17, 2023, 11:09:33 am »
I knew I didn’t run into you Bob. Didn’t know if you were there or not. You missed a good one!
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN