Main Discussion Area > Primitive Skills

Life is good

<< < (3903/4007) > >>

osage outlaw:
Good deal on getting drawn.  It's getting harder for us out of state guys to have a place to hunt in Colorado.

Pappy:
Thanks guys, very excited and surprised , we had 2 points but still thought we wouldn't get drawn, I figure a lot didn't put in because of the bad winter kill this passed winter, Didn't bother use, we figured it didn't kill the all  ;) :) it's more about the trip just me and my son anyway.  :) Had a great weekend, it has turned summer here so in the shop with the fan was a good place to be. I did do a couple of 2 mile hikes with 40lbs but did them early before it go hot. Mostly worked on knives and bows. My pack and 1 of the bows I got set up for the out west hunt, 58 inch n-n yew 52@26 with some 550 grain arrows. Also got 3 more knives and stand finished. :)
 Pappy

Pappy:
Got the handle wrapped on my Osage bow, if it holds up it will go west also, 53@26 r/d 58 inches n-n. I wrapped it with hemp cord , then soaked in thin super glue, torched off the fine hair and sanded, I like these type grip for hunting, water proof and tough as nails, not as pretty as leather but tough in the field. :)
 Pappy

Pappy:
I don't do many scale knives  and for sure not blanks but went to visit and old friend of mine last week, he is getting old like a lot of us, he use to make a lot of knives but just can't see to do it anymore, He gifted me a bunch of scales and some really nice knife blanks so I decided to put a few together, I really like doing my file knives but this was fun for a change. :)
 Pappy

Pappy:
Then in for a nice back strap supper, hope the back strap and steaks hold out till deer season comes back around. Nothing like cast iron skillets I keep them cleaner than my stove. ??? ;) :) :) Hope yall had a good one also. Life is Good. :)
 Pappy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version