Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4693852 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Life is good
« Reply #1980 on: August 10, 2008, 11:11:48 am »
Got some pic's for yall from the club Saturday. Hanna's pup "Hank" is reunited with momma, some great cookin' from Grant "CastIron" of a dish he called Mexican Lazagna...it was good. Finally, proof that I'm not the only one that eats down at the club regardless of what Pappy has tried to lead yall to believe! ;D Poor Sadie waiting in vain for Pappy to share... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1981 on: August 10, 2008, 04:10:46 pm »
Sadie has that stare down, don't she? Dog gave me the heebie jeebies everytime I tried to put a bite in my mouth!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1982 on: August 11, 2008, 06:53:17 am »
Ha d a great weekend,got more done than I had planed,Got to see Hank,one of Hannah's
pups,man that thing is growing.I also got some pictures of my IW bow and broke my little Persimmon bow,the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. ;) ;D. I also got my Cain arrows shooting good,They were all over spined and I found by scrapping the walls a little in the middle
2/3rd of the shaft I could bring the spine down and get the all about the same.I guess if it was really thin wall you might not be able to do that but with mine it worked great.I also built 4 shoot arrows out of Sour wood I have had for 2 or 3 years,I liked working with the better than Cain.
They were easy to straighten and with a small hand plane they were easy to adjust the spine.I
mounted trade points on 3 and a 160 ACE on the other and they shoot great.We also eat good as usually.Sunday Beau and Christina came over for supper and to say goodbye.They are leaving for
Wyoming Tuesday so it was a happy and also sad time.Here are some pictures. The first few pictures was of and old wine rack,I mounted it on the cealing of the archery shop to hold a lot of my bows.
It worke great.Also my first shoot arrow.Life is good.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1983 on: August 11, 2008, 06:56:06 am »
Chris got his new Hickory bow finished,very nice bow.Scott and Hank and a little snack,man has to eat. ;)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1984 on: August 11, 2008, 07:00:45 am »
Greg making a little cordage out of Dogbane,me doing a little feather grinding and working on some shoot shafts and Scott and Allison working on some bows,Scott is a Hickory,so Allison wanted to make one,I gave a big piece of Cain,I will show you later what she did with it.Sweet little girl.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1985 on: August 11, 2008, 07:04:35 am »
Some more of the bow work,Hank is just like Hannah he like to lay right under the work bench and get the shavings all over him.Allison got the bow string ,she had it sanded slick.Done a good job.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1986 on: August 11, 2008, 07:09:17 am »
Shooting her new bow,A little arrow straighting and cutting some tip on Chris's arrows and start
tillering my Persimmon,didn't take long and it was Brat wood >:(.not sure what happened,the back just blew. ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1987 on: August 11, 2008, 07:16:23 am »
The last picture was some more of my sour wood shafts,might get them worked down this coming weekend. Case didn't make a bow he oped for a spear and a little shooting on the practice range,As usually CastIron took me to school. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1988 on: August 11, 2008, 07:27:36 am »
And supper ,don't know what it was called but man it was good,And also Mom and Dad
came over Sunday night to say there good buys to Beau and Christina.Life is good and
moving on. :) Hope yall had a good one also.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #1989 on: August 11, 2008, 09:18:52 am »
dang pappy i hate hearing about that persimmon bow, i was looking forwed to seeing that one finished.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1990 on: August 11, 2008, 09:48:21 am »
Ya must have been something I didn't see,I didn't even get it to brace before it blew.
O well it ant the first and I am pretty sure it won't be the last. :) Ha jesse are you going to be
in town for the deer classic,the target part is the 13 of Sept.and then opening weekend
for the hunting,Me and Grant are still looking for a partner.Let me know and get to
practicing. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #1991 on: August 12, 2008, 12:46:53 am »
Hey Pappy, Brother Tom wants to know if he can tag along when I came down next week,he has that bow that he started at the Classic, he would like to do more work on. Have you pick me out a good stave yet. Also, the way you guys eat, what food should I bring down, more deer summer sausage , let me know. I'll call you the day before I leave. 

Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1992 on: August 12, 2008, 11:56:30 am »
That will be fine,and bring what ever you want,summer sausage is always good.
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Minuteman

« Reply #1993 on: August 12, 2008, 12:29:18 pm »
Hey thats great to see ya'll using the feather grinding jigs I made!
 I know you don't need to be reminded, but you sure are a blessed man to have a place like that to get away to. :)

Ranger B

« Reply #1994 on: August 12, 2008, 12:39:17 pm »
Life's good down here in hot, humid Louisana.  Had a few minutes to get on the net so I thought I'd drop a line to check in.  Getting the boys ready for the deployment so it's busy.  I've seen some deer and some huge hogs down here.  Unfortunatly, I don't have my bow so no rosted hog this trip.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Here are a few pics from the sweaty part of the earth.
Ranger B