Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694975 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Life is good
« Reply #2325 on: November 03, 2008, 08:06:15 am »
Hello Jesse, hope you had a good flight! Keep safe, and I'll try and fill your shoes in the eating department while you're gone.  ;D Did I mention the deer stew and cornbread Grant cooked Saturday evening?  ;D

Pappy's at the club all this week, so he'll probably be away from a pc. He got another doe Saturday morning!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2326 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:14 am »
 Just love reading this thread, The camaraderie that you all have is something that just seems to be lost in this world today. I can picture you all sitting around the fire telling whopper stories about the big buck that slipped away. Or trying to plan the next morning hunt. And the image of Pappy patiently and skillfully working on the gift that will make someone's day for sure.  Sharing an evening with a faithfull servant that flies out the next morning to protect our freedom. Sitting by the fire, feeling the warmth while scraping the last bite of meat and potatoes on the plate.
  Life just doesn't get much better.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 09:48:07 pm by Keenan »

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2327 on: November 03, 2008, 01:08:42 pm »
I've enjoyed this thread immensely as well.  Wouldn't it be nice if we as a Nation could offer this same welcoming spirit too all our returning soldiers? 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2328 on: November 03, 2008, 01:19:18 pm »
Yall are exactly right! I feel so fortunate to be a part of this and get to enjoy the friendships that we share and everything else that goes with it...

Pappy was working on a gift yesterday for the Christmas trade Kennan, so you nailed it with your comment. Jimmy (RangerB) came over Saturday with his father and was working on an osage bow. Life really is good in Tn. as I know it is in a lot of places across the country and world (which is getting a lot smaller!). The best things in life are usually little things and are free for those that realize it!  ;)
Greg

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2329 on: November 03, 2008, 01:27:44 pm »
Just occurred to me it probably ain't the location that makes your camp so special.  You could probably get the same effect in a parking lot at Mal Wart.  After all, the best things in life aren't things.  Kudos to the people that make this camp
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2330 on: November 03, 2008, 03:15:08 pm »
David i dont know, but when i was in Iraq they had internet excess on every fob i was at, so maby the same with Afghanistan.
 Greg what stand did he shoot it from? was it the point?
Mililani Hawaii

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2331 on: November 04, 2008, 08:33:29 am »
No Jesse, it was the small foodplot in the woods back behind the cabin. Near the "honey hole" stand if you know where that is. I think Ron hunted this stand a time or two also weekend before last.

Did you get to keep your rocks?
Greg

Ranger B

« Reply #2332 on: November 05, 2008, 06:57:30 pm »
Went by Pappy's today after a morning hunt.  Castiron got a 3 ptr today and everyone saw deer.  They were blowing leaves out from under the sheds and cleaning gutters.  We managed to get a leaf fire going and that pack of rednecks burnt up two plastic chairs in the process  ;D
Took this pic as we were shooting an osage recurve I'm working on.

Ranger B

« Reply #2333 on: November 05, 2008, 07:01:50 pm »
Oh yes that is Left to right: Anthony (Big A), Greg B, Grant (Castiron), Mark (Pappy) and Jimmy (RangerB).

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #2334 on: November 05, 2008, 07:17:37 pm »
Yep, That is a fine bunch of Rednecks.
I fit in quite well my self.

That is a fine looking recurve you got there Ranger B.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Ranger B

« Reply #2335 on: November 05, 2008, 08:01:03 pm »
Thanks Ridgerunner.  I've got some work to do to finish it but I hope to get it entered in the Nov BOM then ship it to Afghanistan for a year of combat experience.
 ;) ;)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2336 on: November 05, 2008, 09:05:31 pm »
Well there's a motley crew if I ever saw one ;D. Congrat's on the deer Grant! And Jim, theirs just something about them recurves that's irresistable. I don't know exactly what it is but thier sexy ::). Nice bow ya got going there, looks finished to me..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2337 on: November 06, 2008, 12:14:41 am »
Paul, you have seen that motley crew!  Nice curve Ranger. I guess you will give the stats when you post it.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2338 on: November 06, 2008, 12:26:02 am »
LOL
 Miller time + diesel Fuel + Rednecks = Burnt chairs

Yea Greg i got my rocks in.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Otis

« Reply #2339 on: November 06, 2008, 01:02:47 pm »
I just got back to Indiana and unpacked. It's good to get home to the wife, but man I hated leaving this morning as GregB, BigA,and Pappy were heading into the woods. GregB killed a deer last night. Made up for the mmmmiss yesterday morning. I saw alot of deer the days I was there, but no shot opportunities. I got to meet RangerB while I was there, so that was a good to finally get to thank him in person for the job he does so we can have to freedoms we sometimes take for granted. The fire was pretty interesting wasn't Jimmy?  It is true. Life is good at Twin Oaks!!
                                                                       David