Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4703128 times)

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #3750 on: October 19, 2009, 05:43:43 am »
Chad getting ready to go out,making some rawhide and a another Knife and Dart. Jesse left a bunch of what he calls his throw aways  ??? and said use what I wanted,if he don't watch it I will have handles on all of them. Life is good. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #3751 on: October 19, 2009, 09:39:59 am »
Man looks like alot of fun again.  Going to start calling the cabin Mark's Knife museum ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #3752 on: October 20, 2009, 02:24:44 pm »
Another good one! Had a great weekend myself. Looking forward to one day sitting around the fire with you guys again!

-Tiller

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #3753 on: October 20, 2009, 09:59:44 pm »
Pappy has so many knives he could outfit a full company of paratroopers!

Yeah he has a sweet collection.  I think he may need to begin a new shelf to hold em all.  ;D

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #3754 on: October 20, 2009, 11:28:00 pm »
This is dedicated to Pappy  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9A9TvZSE9E
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3755 on: October 20, 2009, 11:33:54 pm »
I am not a Country Fan....but I have to say...That was a cool little Dittie!!!! and Roll Me the Fat One...... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3756 on: October 21, 2009, 05:14:26 am »
Thanks Shanon.I love that song. ;) :) Chad and my 2 German friends are still there.They have all seen deer and had a miss or 2. Martin[one of the Germans] is a big Fred Bear fan and said he wants to hunt on the ground like Fred did.Yesterday he had 2 coyotes come by at about 10 yards and missed,just behind.He was really excited about that.Remember this is the first time they have every bow hunted and are in the late 30's.It really make you appreciate what we have when you meet folks from other country's that don't get to do what we do.We are really blessed to live here.It
ant prefect thats for sure but it is way ahead of anywhere else I know of.  :) I plan on hunting with them this evening,wished I could have been there all week with them but the dates wasn't set
until late and I couldn't get off.I am off the first week of Nov. and needed to be at work this week. :(  By the way they did give me 2 new knives for hosting them [There words] they
heard I liked knives. ;) I'll try and get some pictures today so I can post them and there set up Monday. One thing for sure they eat funny,lots of cheese,bread and beer.not much meat so I wouldn't have known how to cook for them anyway. ;D ;D ;D  Life is good.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #3757 on: October 21, 2009, 02:23:55 pm »

Pappy, sounds like they had fun.  Just cook some good ol sour kraut, and Hillshire Farms, Kielbasa, and they will lap it up!  Or just throw in some brats, and they will be happy.  Maybe you should try cooking them some venison, and your regular fare.  They probably never had it before, and just might like it enough to come back just for the food.  Buy them some Becks, and some brats, to start, and then have them try the real food.  Make them some boiled potatoes also.  Yes indeed we are very blessed.  I just hope the current situation, is reversed in 2010, and 2012.  When I was in Italy, I got to go to East Berlin, ( late sixties ), it was an eye opener.  I wish more people could understand what we have here, and the freedoms we take for granted.  As I understand it, in Germany, you have to take a fishing class, and learn the different types of fish, their habitats, habits, the fishing pole, and it's components, and reel components, just to get a fishing license, to fish on a government sanctioned section of river, or a land owners section that is approved !   :o  So hunting is definitely a trip to do that, and hunting mit der bow iss verboten! :'( :(  Give them a hearty "vi gates" for me, and tell them to enjoy, and come back. 8)

Wayne

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #3758 on: October 21, 2009, 11:47:31 pm »
Hey Pappy, just wanted to say hi, I've been talkin to Jon Price and making some pre-plans to hopefully fly in to Tenn for the 2010 classic, hopefully bring the wife and spend some time with ya all. You guys all made such an impact on me that I can't get it out of my mind.
VB

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3759 on: October 22, 2009, 05:24:58 am »
You made one on us also,I really enjoyed our time together. Hope you can make it,you know we will have fun and your cooking is awesome. Wayne they have been having a ball,missed one deer,
2 coyotes and several squirrels.They are leaving in the morning ,I only wished I had had the week off,Pretty cool folks. I hunted with them yesterday evening ,no deer but they were excited
anyway just to get to go out and hunt with there bows. Now that's cool. :)
   Pappy
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3760 on: October 22, 2009, 08:21:16 am »
VB, I hope you can make it to the Classic...we really enjoyed having you...and as already mentioned, really enjoyed the fruits of your cooking skills as well! ;)

I'm glad the German couple saw some action and sounds like their trip to our little piece of heaven will leave a positive impression on them. I would have liked to meet them, but they were out hunting when I went by Tuesday evening and after spending an hour or so scrapping on a bow, I had to leave.

Wayne, they're vegetarians...go figure! ???  All I can say is, they don't know what they're missing not getting to sink their teeth into some of Pappy's fine venison stew! Das venison ist gut, ya wunderbar! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3761 on: October 23, 2009, 05:47:11 am »
FRIDAY again.I have a few things to do this evening when I get off but plan on being at the cabin late afternoon,can't wait.I have been down every evening this week visting with Chad and my new German friends[really cool people] They are leaving today to go visit with Bear archery in IN. and then on to Gainsville FL. for more site seeing with Bear archery.They are the biggest Bear dealer in Germany so they are getting the red carpet treatment.Chad is staying till Sat.sometime so I will get some time to visit and maybe a little of his singing tonight around the fire.Love his picking. ;) :)
Other than that I plan on hunting and a little clean up around the cabin.I also want to get the bow Greg and I are building for Art on the form for some reflex and heat treating and maybe flip the tips.I have it it out to 40@24 and we are looking for 40@26 so it is almost there. Got a few other thing going on but not sure what else we will get into,that is the cool part about being there ,I just do what ever strikes me at the time. Hope yall have a good one also.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3762 on: October 23, 2009, 07:48:52 am »
Looks like good progress on Art's bow, I got it to brace and stopped at 37#@19" the other evening when I was there.

I picked up some titanium bits yesterday for knife making, so maybe we can do a little of that this weekend. I already have two ready to have the holes drilled.

Plannning on leaving early from work today to make up for having to work late a couple of evenings this week. I'll probably hunt and swing by afterwards...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3763 on: October 26, 2009, 05:55:46 am »
Had a great weekend,Chad left Sat. morning and the Germans left Friday.I did get a chance to hunt with them once and talk with them a lot on Thursday.I think they had a great time.No deer but lots of shots at deer,turkey,squirrels,coyotes and even a bob cat something they sure aren't use to.We hunted Sat. morning and that was about it.Greg and I got into other things,like Knives and bows. ;) ;D I will be off next week so I hope to do a lot of hunting that week.Hope the weather is as good as it was for My guests. :) Hope yall had a good one also. Here are some pictures of The guests and the weekend. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3764 on: October 26, 2009, 06:00:49 am »
They gave me a great knife for having them,yall know how I like knives. :) :) They are Bear dealers
and shot signature Fred Bear bows[ no less] The tool is something Jesse mad to scrape the hair off the deer hides we plan to tan ,also new rock from Cowboy. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good