Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705473 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #4125 on: January 27, 2010, 08:52:51 pm »
Just saw your rebuild of the broken bows for Joe.. you are the man Pappy, very cool.. joe will make lots of meat with that beauty...

Wow!!  I just saw it too, Hawk made me look back... how'd I miss that?  Looks Waaaaaaaaaaay better than  the take down salvage I did.   :) :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4126 on: January 28, 2010, 07:14:05 am »
I hope he likes it Hawk,It was more trouble than most because of the way the handle
was cut.I put a coat of sealer on it last night and plan on the grip this weekend,I am going to make the grip out of a piece of my first brain tanned deer.Hawk,half of it is yours. ;) ;D ;D Is that the one that broke at full draw in the story in the last issue of PA  ??? Man I wished it was Friday. :( :( one more day. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4127 on: January 28, 2010, 08:26:06 am »
 Pappy:  Just saw the pictures of the two bows! :o :o :o  Never thought there was a chance of ever shooting those bows again.  Both of those bows were lost for ever!  They were sister bows and Hawk's bow was BOM and the one that blew up on him on one of his high country hunts.  My bow was broken when I was after some trespassing hunters and slid into the fence on my ATV.  Broke my heart and the bow as it was a shooter!  I really thought you would use them for fire wood!!  Don't know how to thank you and am once again in your debt.  I know you always have a big list of things to do so wonder where you get all the energy to help so many people out???  It is because of you and the people around you at Twin Oaks that make Life So Good!!!  Will have to figure out a name for the bow----maybe "Pappy's Hawk Joe Bow"!!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4128 on: January 28, 2010, 06:20:28 pm »

Wolf watcher, how about Phoenix?  rising out of the fire...... ;)
Or "Roc" ?
                                                               Wayne

Offline woodstick

« Reply #4129 on: January 28, 2010, 09:15:49 pm »
looks like all had fun. allwats n-joy the pics pappy.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4130 on: January 29, 2010, 05:21:08 am »
No problem Joe,glad it worked out .Put another coat of sealer on it last night.Plan on putting the grip on this weekend. Friday again and looks like it's going to snow.I am headed to the cabin as soon as I get off.Put some wood under the shed last night so I would have dry wood this evening also laid out some venison stew meat to put on for supper.I don't have a lot planed ,just finishing the broke bow project,finish my deer hide and put another in the soak and just maybe try and finish up my yew bow,I have got sidetracked again and need to get back on it.I have shot it some but that about it. May have some company but hard to tell with the weather,either way Me and my girls[dogs]  ;) ;D Hanna and Sadie will enjoy the weekend I am sure.Hope yall have a good one also.
See ya Monday.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #4131 on: January 29, 2010, 09:03:32 am »
Hope you have a good one Pappy. I guess life is pretty much always good in TN. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4132 on: January 29, 2010, 10:14:10 am »
Pappy:  Am working on a couple of projects for raffles at the Classic and was wondering if I should send them so you could decide if you want to use them?  Otherwise I will just bring them.  Not much, but want to do something!  Am sorry and grateful that you spent so much of your valuable time working on the broken bows.  I really hope the Hustons can make this year's doins!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4133 on: January 29, 2010, 11:30:33 am »
No wasted time Joe,never a wast when you can fix something,I enjoy doing stuff like that. :)
Hope they can to,love to meet them in person.
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #4134 on: January 29, 2010, 11:31:14 am »
Yep pappy that is the bow that broke while i was hunting that big old bull..  :'( .. i can't wait to see joe make meat with her.. now we need a name for her...
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #4135 on: January 29, 2010, 10:17:46 pm »
Went by Pappy's to watch the snow fall today. We're gonna chase bunnies come daylight. Hope to have some pics and tales by midday.

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #4136 on: January 30, 2010, 05:05:43 pm »
Well, the bunnies remained hidden but the squirrels came out to play and we bagged a couple.  I'll leave the story and more pictures for Pappy to tell on Monday morning but I thought I'd give you a quick report and some pictures. We had a ball!!!

Offline cracker

« Reply #4137 on: January 30, 2010, 05:45:20 pm »
Boy I wish I were there I just love hunting small game in the snow.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4138 on: January 30, 2010, 06:47:08 pm »

Dang, Pappy, I always thought you were a good person, but you can walk on water too! :o  Dang, even your dog can walk on  water!! :o  Looks like a fun time for all, especially for the little one.  He needs a wool watch cap, that way it will keep him warm, and fit better.....  ;)
                                                                        Wayne

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4139 on: January 30, 2010, 06:52:02 pm »
"LIFE IS GOOD!!!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC