Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695388 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5355 on: October 15, 2010, 11:19:45 am »
David lookin forward to drinking some beers and draggin some deers!!!  See ya in a couple of weeks. ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #5356 on: October 15, 2010, 05:45:55 pm »
Had a great time last night,Keenan and LuLyn and there son came to the cabin to visit,Marie and kids
Miss Joanie,KingRon,BigA,GregB,Jesse,Art showed up to visit also.They are really great folks. Miss Joanie made them a venison and bean supper that they seemed to enjoy. This got my weekend started off to a great start. O ya it's Friday and I am headed to the cabin this evening to hunt and rest.Woody is supposed to come down and says he's doing the cooking tonight,can't wait to see
what he has in mind. The Club also has a meeting Sat. at noon and we are planing a wood cutting,
almost out of wood and we have to have a fire. ;) ;D Hope yall have a good on also.I will have pictures Monday of last night and the weekend.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Last night sure was fun.  Too short of a visit for me.  It was great to see everyone and to finally meet Keenan and Lulyn!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline joanieb

« Reply #5357 on: October 16, 2010, 02:16:38 pm »
It was so good to put faces with names: Keenan, Lulyn, and Wade, made a evening of fun, fellowship, and of course lot's of good food. It is amazing how you can meet people for the first time, and feel as if you have known them forever. I have to say that everyone we have met through Primitive Archer seems to be like one big family all over the map. We pray you have a safe trip home and look forward to seeing you again.  Joanie B.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5358 on: October 16, 2010, 03:32:33 pm »
No body got any pics? I wanted to see if Keenan was as short as it seems in other pics!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline oschroe

Great weekend
« Reply #5359 on: October 17, 2010, 11:30:27 pm »
Spent the weekend down at the Cabin with Pappy.  Beautiful wheather, great food, friends and a fire.  What more can you ask for?......a little luck in the woods to end it maybe?  ;D ;D ;D

Woody

[attachment deleted by admin]
Woody

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5360 on: October 18, 2010, 03:33:27 am »
Nice one Woody!  See ya next weekend buddy.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5361 on: October 18, 2010, 06:26:14 am »
Yes it was a great weekend for sure,Started out Thursday with Keenan and his fine family coming to visit Miss Joanie and me and a bunch of the TwinOaks gang at the cabin,it was great to get to put faces with the names. Woody came down Friday to spend the weekend and do a little hunting and work around the club.We blowed and burnt leaves and also Sat. had a club meeting and wood cutting,got a start on the wood pile,it takes a lot of wood around there. I have been struggling with my hunting,seeing a lot of deer but just can't seem to close the deal, O well Beau and some of the other guys are taking up my slack. Here are some pictures of the weekend and the meeting of Keenan and family.Hope yall had a good on also.  :) :)   
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5362 on: October 18, 2010, 06:30:09 am »
All getting acquainted around the fire. :) It was great that Marie and her family got to make it down
and meet the in person also. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5363 on: October 18, 2010, 06:35:56 am »
BigA and GregB listening to some of Keenans Elk hunting stories,he has a lot of good ones.Then supper[Deer steaks/taters and beans] Yum.I think they liked it. :) :) Then I get home Friday to a package from Keenan. Yew and juniper stave.  :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5364 on: October 18, 2010, 06:41:00 am »
Its like opening a Christmas package, Thank Keenan I will try and do them justice,then I went to burning leaves,man that place has the leaves.Pooter with his new neck knife,we start them young around there to learn and use a knife safely. More gifts,pickled Okra.  :) :)
 Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5365 on: October 18, 2010, 06:45:06 am »
JohnT's new Cain arrows,he done a fine job on them,Art with JohnT's yew bow,another sweet shooter. Then to some wood cutting and relaxing after first load unloaded and stacked. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5366 on: October 18, 2010, 06:50:08 am »
More wood cutting ,then Woody getting supper ready,Kraut and smoked sausage,fried taters,
We had a new dog show up and spend the weekend,he may never leave after this weekend,still there when I left Sunday.I think he has found himself a home. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5367 on: October 18, 2010, 06:57:58 am »
We always take out a little time for shooting,we shoot a bunch of bows,mostly what we have all been working on this summer,just keep having to try them out. :) Wound Sat. night up helping Jon pin a knife he had been working on over the weekend and shooting the bull around the camp fire.Then Sunday morning Woody scores on a nice 132 lb. 8 point. Nice Traditional kill. He was in Beau's stand so he may want to have a few words with Woody when he gets back. ;) ;D ;D ;D
It was a great time and I really feel blessed to be able to share some the good times with my
friends.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #5368 on: October 18, 2010, 08:20:31 am »
GO Woody!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline cracker

« Reply #5369 on: October 18, 2010, 08:23:38 am »
Good going Woody. Pappy thanks for the inspirational pics every Monday it gives me a reason to get out of bed.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?