Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708187 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5745 on: January 26, 2011, 06:13:52 pm »
Pappy....ain't nothing wrong with being a Yank.....  ;D :P >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5746 on: January 26, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »
Woody....  "What da hey"  ;)

Nice hat Woody.   ;D

Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5747 on: January 27, 2011, 06:52:11 am »
I do like that hat,but sometimes I do worry about him. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5748 on: January 28, 2011, 06:08:16 am »
Friday again, ;D It has been a long week with the snow it has been a challenging week to keep the trucks rolling.I am headed to the cabin and hope to finish up a few projects,we plan on a big wood cutting in the morning if it ant to wet and sloppy to get in and out of the woods. I think Jon is coming down today also to finish tillering his IW bow.I hope to get my elm bow roughed in and sealing started on the Osage.I am letting the snake bow set for a little while,It is just over a year old so a little time won't do anything but help it.Hope yall have a good one also .See ya Monday.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #5749 on: January 28, 2011, 07:55:39 am »
See you in a few hours Pappy.  I'm planning on working on the IW bow today.  I do enjoy taking a break from time to time and maybe working on a knife this weekend also.  Depends on if I can find some steel laying around or not.  Might see if that old saw balde is available you showed me a few weeks ago.  :)  Can't wait to show you my new knife Dana sent me.  He sent something nice as well in the package for you.  Have a great weekend folks, I know I will.

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #5750 on: January 29, 2011, 09:25:30 pm »
Pappy I saw Gary today at the Kalamazoo traditional archery expo .
He ask how you are doing with the snaky bow?
I told him you had been working on it .
Then he ask how to get on here to see this  !
Maybe you can teach an old dog a new trick !
It was a great day Gary, Norm, Tom, Don , and so many others all in one place!
Life truly is good!!!!!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5751 on: January 31, 2011, 06:23:26 am »
Ta I have tried to get him on line,just hard headed I guess. We had another great weekend,I managed to get my Winged elm floor tillered and ready for nocks.Didn't get a chance to work on my other 2 but plane on that this weekend.Jon got a nice heavy knife started and Josh done some napping.The biggest thing we got done was wood cutting,it takes a lot and we cut a lot.
Here are a few pictures of the weekend.Hope yall had a good one also. :) :) I also got a suprize from the Yopper [Dana] a nice point.Thanks Dana. :) :)   Also this big blade is what Jon cut his knife out of,it is going to make some fine blades. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5752 on: January 31, 2011, 06:28:13 am »
Jon got his IW. ready to brace,we didn't get a chance to get it on the short string but it's ready for that,maybe next week. :) :) Me roughing out my Elm bow,don't take long with the bandsaw ,Jon working on his knife blade. :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5753 on: January 31, 2011, 06:34:48 am »
Jon's knife roughed in,looking good I must say then supper.,me getting my elm to floor tiller,It was cut a year ago but still seem a little wet so now that it is roughed in I plan on letting it set for a few weeks in a dry place before long string tillering,got plenty of others to work on. Then on to the wood cutting. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5754 on: January 31, 2011, 06:40:40 am »
Big A really getting into it,had to come out of his coat.Josh showed up,I think he was planing on doing some napping but we put him to work, ;) :)he did have a very nice point he had just turned out.We had about 10 show up from the club and a couple of good friends of the club that love to come down and enjoy the fire so were more than willing to help cut wood. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5755 on: January 31, 2011, 06:46:47 am »
Josh took a little time out to nap,in between loads,Potter keeping and eye on us from his 4 wheeler to be sure we was doing it right. ;) :) Jesse just showing out on some big logs. :)We worked GregB pretty hard but he held up well,said he was going home for a back rub. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5756 on: January 31, 2011, 06:55:10 am »
It is amazing how much you can get done with a bunch of guys that don't mind work and know how to do things, :)we still have wood cut in the woods that we will need to haul out but have enough there already to last the year in one day.When we got back Josh decided he wanted to make a steel knife[guess we didn't work him hard enough] :) and I just sat back and enjoyed the fire. It was a good time,hard work but very rewarding.Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #5757 on: January 31, 2011, 08:38:30 am »
very cool pappy you can sure get a lot done with a big crowd like that for sure. Tell Jesse he better quit with all that showing off or helll be all worn out by the time he's 50 like me.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #5758 on: January 31, 2011, 08:57:41 am »
It was a good weekend, and it definitely is a feeling of accomplishment when a group of guys most of who are slightly past their prime can still get a bunch of work done when they set their minds too it!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #5759 on: January 31, 2011, 09:34:12 am »
Pappy, I must say that by looking at all your photos, it looks like you're living my dream. And always being surrounded by like-minded people must keep you busy! I envy you :)