Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694108 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #5775 on: February 07, 2011, 06:19:16 am »
Jon's new Black widow,beautiful bow.Me making up some handle material.Thanks Joe. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5776 on: February 07, 2011, 06:24:54 am »
GregB showed up with some more of his fine leather work,he is getting really good at that.
Me doing a little knife handle work and relaxing by the fire after a full day. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5777 on: February 07, 2011, 06:28:39 am »
More handle work and then a fine supper of venison roast.  ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5778 on: February 07, 2011, 06:33:49 am »
Got some handles on a couple of knives,Jon got one mounted also in a leg bone,pretty cool.Art shows up after a few weeks away,testing out his new bow,can't seem to keep these guys shooting REAL bows. ;) :) :) They do love them widows. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5779 on: February 07, 2011, 06:40:27 am »
I heat treated Jon's IW,it is looking good,Josh showed up still working on his BIG knife,it is coming along.KingRon filling Jerry in on some VERY important issues I am sure. :) :)
Jon still working on handles,he is a busy beaver when he gets into something. :) :) I like to stop and relax once in a while,he just stays steady at it all the time,make me tired just watching. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5780 on: February 07, 2011, 06:45:57 am »
Josh gave me a nice blade that I mounted in a deer horn,Pine pitch and sinew,Summer show up with her little pup,I tried to talk he into letting me make a quiver,she didn't go along with that. ;) :) Sweet girl,we have a lot of them in the club. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5781 on: February 07, 2011, 06:50:45 am »
Josh cut some groves in the back of his blade,took him a while but he done a nice job. :)
My weekend work.All they need is sealer,Now if I could learn to make sheaths.  ;) :) Hope
yall had a good one.I know I did. :) Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #5782 on: February 07, 2011, 08:49:33 am »
Hi Pappy, I had a pretty good weekend had some friends down from VA that I hadn't seen in a long time. Got a little bow work done myself. Life is good . Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5783 on: February 07, 2011, 10:41:59 am »
Pappy, good to see you pretesting the new firewood to be sure it is acceptable for the Classic.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5784 on: February 07, 2011, 02:08:07 pm »

Looks like a great time there, and the food.....oooohhh, that looked good! :P  But after seeing that fire pit, I can see why, you go through so much wood.  ;) Are you trying to thaw out the surrounding area also?  That looked like a heap of wood on there. :o  Be good for roasting some corn and taters in the coals, and maybe a big ol sweet onion, or as recurve would say......"Oin-Yon" with the center hollowed out, and filled with hamburger, and garlic, and salt and pepper, and a little shredded cheese, wrapped in tinfoil......dang, I gotta go fix lunch now! ;D  You have to stop putting the pictures of the food on here, I am trying to cut back in my eating. ::)
But I guess you are trying to keep in the habit for when Eddie, and Cathy come up.  It doesn't take much cold to make him bundle up. ;D
                                                                                   Wayne

Offline rollinman

« Reply #5785 on: February 07, 2011, 05:40:21 pm »
Hey Pappy, I read the NRA newsletter today. Seems Clarksville allows you guys  to carry in city parks and public pools now. I wish the big thinkers here in NY would take a lesson frome you guys. Does this mean you can launch arrows off the high board? I know you don't talk politics,but it burns me up when I see what everybody else is allowed to do and here in NY ...well you know.  I like reading your page and enjoy all the pictures. Maybe I'll make it to Twin Oaks sometime before the bugs and the heat.  John
Fat,drunk,and stupid is no way to go through life son... Dean Wormer

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5786 on: February 07, 2011, 08:20:39 pm »
 Looks like ya'll had a great one again, Pappy. I actually crossed into Tenn. Saturday for a little bit when I left Jame's. It's times like that I wish I was retired and could have just drove on over and saw you guys, too. Man, I'm looking forward to the Spring.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #5787 on: February 07, 2011, 11:32:36 pm »
Pappy I'm gonna finish that big blade this weekend. think I'll try to marry that black palm and antler for the handle with a nice glue up. All I can say is wait til you see what I've done to the blade this week, really this is gonna be one of the best things I ever made.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5788 on: February 08, 2011, 05:49:57 am »
John I hope you can make it down sometime and yes TN. is pretty free about that kind of stuff. :)
Wayne we eat good for sure and the fire felt good to me also Sat.Getting old and blood is thin. :)
Eddie wished you could have stopped by, but you was still a pretty good ways from us when you crossed over, great looking bow by the way. :)Josh I am sure it will be nice,it was looking good Sat. night when you left.See ya this weekend. I meet a guy at work,can't think of his name that knows you,he said he ask where you got the sock hat. :) :) You told him ,His boss. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:23:54 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #5789 on: February 08, 2011, 02:31:02 pm »
Pappy, good to see ya'll are keeping warm up there!!!! You know, there is one thing I do love to do and that's bust wood and stack it!!! I'm not quite strong enough to hold a chainsaw safely for very long but once you got it cut, I enjoy splitting it and stacking. Good work out for a little girl tooo!!! :o
Glad to see my JakeAllen has stumbled on here and reading some, I sure have tried to get him up there....course last year once we got the 100 yrs flood, was kinda glad he didn't come up with me and Stanley and Kiva!!!!! But I am trying to persuade him for this year.... ::)
Jimmy B.....JakeAllen has borrowed my copy of your book....he found on one page you had named his Uncle in it...tickled him to death to read it...Don Yearwood back in the early 60's. really made his day. ;D
OH MY GOODNESS!!!  GregB that leatherworking is ABSOLUTELY the prettiest I have seen ever, I'm sure!!! I love that design.....Pappy, I know someone who can make some lovely sheaths for them fine little pieces of metal you are showing off!!! Boy, I gotta call Greg and beg something made by him!!!!! And thanks again to you and Joanie for the numbers to give my boy Taylor, in school in Nashville. He works at the Vanderbilt Chili's cooking to.....he cooks real well. Can't wait for the Classic to get here...... :D
Tomi   :-*