Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4707724 times)

Offline fencepost

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5910 on: March 12, 2011, 11:57:36 pm »
great day @ twin oaks 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5911 on: March 13, 2011, 01:30:36 am »
You gotta do better than that, fencepost.  >:(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5912 on: March 13, 2011, 01:59:22 am »
ahhhh, 3 more weekends, can't wait.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #5913 on: March 13, 2011, 03:05:15 am »
I was sitting here looking through posts on this site and thinking that it won't be long and we'll be on vacation coming down to Twin Oaks for some great southern hospitality. I can't wait, Looking forward to seeing you Pappy, John, Gregb, Ron, and all you nice folks. I'm eager to visit, break some bread, shoot some arrows and hopefully enjoy some warmer temps.
I just got the most important piece of equiptment off of ebay for this year, new raingear....I figure since I'm coming prepared that this year will be dry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed after last year, lol.
VB

Offline Otis

« Reply #5914 on: March 13, 2011, 09:22:36 am »
Can't wait myself Eddie!!! :)  Glad to hear you're going to be down(or up in your case :)) for the opener. When I talked to Pappy last time he hadn't heard from ya. It'll be a big time that's for sure.  ;D See ya in three weeks.
                                                                                          David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5915 on: March 13, 2011, 03:36:25 pm »
Dave, I have the whole week off. I figured I'd hunt till you leave, and then hunt Cade's place in S.C. on the way home. Can't wait.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #5916 on: March 13, 2011, 10:46:00 pm »
I'll be there til at least Wed. Just depends on how work is going. I'd like to stay the whole week if possible, but since I'll be back in 4 weeks for the Classic might cut it short. :) Gotta keep momma happy. I'm off work tomorrow and I'm heading to the woods to see if I can at least hear a gobble. Have you killed one down there yet? Good luck to ya if not. See you in less than 3 weeks now. The way it looks I won't leave til after work Fri. I should be working in Columbus then, so, I'll just hit I65 from there and head South.
                                                                                David

Offline don't cry wolf

« Reply #5917 on: March 14, 2011, 02:33:55 am »
pappy i just realized i left my statistics notes at twin oaks might have to run out there tomorrow about 4pm

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5918 on: March 14, 2011, 07:44:09 am »
I found them Josh and put them in the dry,you always leave somethin,I think it is so you have a good excuse to come back. ;) :) :) Like fencepost said it was a good weekend.Did manage to get a few projects going but mostly clean up /kentichen/target range and cutting more wood,it is amazing what you can get done with a bunch of guy that don't mind work. :) they almost seem to enjoy it.
Here are a few pictures as thing begin to take shape around there. :) My girls just enjoying the beautiful day.I am laying out another knife, Yall know how I like knives, a man just can't have to many.   ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5919 on: March 14, 2011, 07:49:03 am »
My knife blade cut out,we put in an air compressor and I brought my air tools to the shop,man they really help.Jon is putting the finishing touches on the napping shed and us loading up the moose to set up for the up coming shoot this weekend.Also back strap for supper.yum. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5920 on: March 14, 2011, 07:55:34 am »
The bag is some stuff Jon came up with,cool stuff. A good fire Friday night and good supper then back to the shop for a little more work on my knife project and some bull around the fire. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5921 on: March 14, 2011, 08:00:16 am »
We had a good meeting Sat. then went out to set the range,also some more wood cutting,Jesse and Abby show up to help,Jesse also had a very nice gift for me,I watched him make this one a good while back.I love it,Thanks Jesse. Allison got her new shirt,she was very proud of this one. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5922 on: March 14, 2011, 08:05:12 am »
Now for some wood cutting,Jesse and BigA showed what they were made of,they said they didn't need no stinking log splitter,when we get all this up I think we will have enoug for us and all our guest at the Classic. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5923 on: March 14, 2011, 08:09:50 am »
King Ron even got into the action,one are and all.Tough guy. :) :) More wood cutting and these guys never miss a chance to look for good napping rock. :) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5924 on: March 14, 2011, 08:15:19 am »
Little mishap on my part,Miss Joanie says I never go to the wood without cutting myself or at least my cloth.  :) :)Josh is building a folding knife,it is coming along and pretty cool. We also cut 8 ERC poles for the addition we plan on one of the sheds. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good