Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4708585 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #5970 on: March 24, 2011, 11:06:44 am »
30 DAYS
Ranger hope it all works out.  That is some painful stuff from what I've been told.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #5971 on: March 24, 2011, 11:35:06 am »
Ranger B:  Not something good for a Ranger much less a bow hunter!  Rehab, Rehab, Rehab!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5972 on: March 25, 2011, 08:28:14 am »
FRIDAY,YES. It finely made it and I can't wait to get to the Cabin,it is supposed to rain so maybe I will get some shop time,got lots to do. Marie son Ian is bringing 20 scouts to the Classic to build bows so we need to get the staves ready and work up a bunch of scrappers.GregB/BigA thinks it is going to be to much for us with all the other building going on but it's the only time they could make it fit for us and them.I assured them some of you guys would help us out with the boys[please,please] We plan on having them floor tillered and straightened by the time they get there.I think if it is anything like years passed they will have more help than they need, Just have to keep a close eye on boys and there first bow,we have learned that from others boys we have worked with,some get it quick and some need a little more help,well a lot more help. ;) :) :) Hope yall all have a great weekend,see ya Monday. Life is good.  :) :)
   Pappy   
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BearG

« Reply #5973 on: March 25, 2011, 10:50:18 am »
29 days
Pappy I'm sure that everyone will help
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5974 on: March 25, 2011, 10:42:41 pm »
  I'll be glad to help, Pappy. I can't wait till next weekend, too. I just hope my back straightens up, having a heck 'ave a time walking. :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5975 on: March 26, 2011, 12:43:24 am »
Awesome to hear, all that is coming together. I'll be heading down that way in a few weeks.

Greg, I'm so happy for you bro, You deserve a good woman.

Pappy, I'll be glad to help as well. And Ill through in a few of my smaller staves.  Really looking forward to seeing you all again. Been trying to get some gifts finished to bring down there for a few people.  Not looking forward to the long drive but definitely looking forward to warmer weather. Snowing again tonight. ::) ::)

Ranger, hope all goes well for ya, You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5976 on: March 26, 2011, 01:09:29 am »
Glad you can make it back there Keenan. Best bunch of guys around! Hope to be back there next year.  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5977 on: March 26, 2011, 01:47:45 am »
Pappy, I'm there where ever you need me. Just let me know. As long as I have access to Otis' cooler I'll do anything!  ;D     I plan to spend most of my time under the tin roof anyway so I can help with the bow building.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Otis

« Reply #5978 on: March 26, 2011, 07:44:00 am »
Pat, you know you're welcome anytime. ;D Eddie, only one week!!!  I can't hardly stand it. I leaving in a few minutes to go listen for those thunder chickens. Can't wait to hunt em!! Did you do any good yet in Fla?  Can't wait to get down there where Life Is Good.
                                                                                                            David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5979 on: March 26, 2011, 12:54:58 pm »
Dave, I had one gobble Friday morning but never saw him. The fog was so thick around daylight you couldn't see twenty feet. My buddy got a nice three year old, though. My leg hurt so much this morning I stayed home, I'll hit it again tomorrow.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Otis

« Reply #5980 on: March 26, 2011, 07:23:20 pm »
Getting old ain't for sissies is it Eddie? :)  We heard two up on a ridge early then saw two different toms later in the morning. One crossed the road in front of us. We got up closer and got a look at him before he took off. Went around the ridge top and down a ways and another one was struttin with four hens. He was a dandy!  We got him to gobble once for us before the hens took off and drug him with them. I can't wait til next Saturday to get to hunt em!! Hope you get better with you leg and back before then. Good luck tomorrow.
                                                                         David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5981 on: March 26, 2011, 08:22:45 pm »
I'm mountainbiking in 6 miles on Public land to get away from people. The guy from Penn. that moved in on me told my buddy where the bird was today, ,,just a little bit over the fence  ::). I think he has a chance to meet the Supper table tomorrow. ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Otis

« Reply #5982 on: March 27, 2011, 09:02:13 am »
It sounds like another tear in the pants to  me. ;D ;)  Only 5 more get ups and we'll be heading that way.  Good luck on that bird Eddie. Spit in his eye before you shoot him. :)
                                                                   David

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #5983 on: March 27, 2011, 03:51:03 pm »
Go get that bird Eddie!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5984 on: March 27, 2011, 05:22:41 pm »
Didn't get that one but got a Jake instead. I'll take what the Swamp gives me. ;D
Lakeland, Florida