Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4695101 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #6795 on: October 03, 2011, 07:54:49 am »
O ya I almost forgot,I worked up 12 sets of wings,it is the time of the year to get the freezer cleaned out also 10 tail fans. Then more tanning and deer skinning. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6796 on: October 03, 2011, 07:59:28 am »
Josh fleshing another hide and BigA brings in a nice fat doe. Jon laying out his Osage bow. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6797 on: October 03, 2011, 08:04:57 am »
Me cutting out Jon's bow, Josh doing some arrow work and Jesse schooling Josh
on stretching a hide. Case practicing with his new blow gun. Woody sharping up some broad heads for the evening hunt and me doing a little skinning work,still cleaning out the freezer. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 08:19:58 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6798 on: October 03, 2011, 08:10:08 am »
Frodo doing a little cain arrow work and Josh stretching another hide. Josh and Case getting a little shooting in. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6799 on: October 03, 2011, 08:15:11 am »
Then just some relaxing around a good fire and fresh backstrap for supper.Yum Yum. :) :) It was a good weekend and even tho I didn't do a lot of hunting I really enjoy the time with friends and working on some projects now that the weather has cooled a bit. That's it for this week,Life is good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6800 on: October 03, 2011, 11:47:02 am »
Sure do enjoy each weekend's pictures of all the doins at the farm.  Makes me a little home sick even though our lifes are very different!  Heck, if the phone rings here it scares the heck out of us!  Its been too hot to hunt elk, but finally cooling off some.  Going to Texas with the Hustons this weekend and can't wait to see what Eddie is always talking about hunting hogs.  Got an email from Shannon with some pictures of his son and that was a very good thing!  Have been missing seeing ELD on the site--hope he is OK!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6801 on: October 03, 2011, 12:15:46 pm »
I have missed Mike also. :( Good luck on the hogs Joe,they are fun to hunt but hard to kill.  By the way the knife rack Jesse is making me will hold 25 knives when it is all finished up,We counted them up and that is just a little over half my flint bladed knives. Yall know how I love knives. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #6802 on: October 03, 2011, 06:05:55 pm »
Columbus Day weekend coming up.  I plan to hunt Fri. morning and then head over for the mid-day.  Logan has a game Fri. night so I'll be at the ball field.  I hope to get my elm finished up this weekend and then take it to the woods.  See you Friday.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6803 on: October 03, 2011, 09:41:13 pm »
 Man, I can't wait for November. Our season finally opens this coming weekend where I hunt and we finally got some cool weather, in the 80's for a high, low 60's at night. Good luck on the hogs, Joe.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #6804 on: October 04, 2011, 12:44:58 am »
Looks like another great weekend. Good job BigA! Our season opened Saturday, but I didn't get out at all. I've got a bad cold, so I did some honey do chores. Only bad thing was we had frost both mornings and now it's suppose to warm back up to the low 80's by the weekend. My luck.
Only 5 more weeks til I get to come down and enjoy the Southern hospitality. I can't wait!! Pappy, don't kill all the deer before we get there. :)
                                                                         David

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6805 on: October 04, 2011, 01:02:40 am »
Eddie:  Thanks, I have some points I made from the coral you gave me that I took to the Yukon last year and have some more of it in the roaster oven.  I really like the way it knapps and hope to try them on a hog.  Hawk is talking Classic this year and then I think he wants one of your Florida turkeys for his slam.  You should come up this next spring for one of these Mariams!  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Parnell

« Reply #6806 on: October 04, 2011, 10:12:32 am »
Really enjoyed those pictures this week Pappy.
1’—>1’

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #6807 on: October 05, 2011, 01:25:29 pm »
I freaking love this thread!  Been reading for a few months now and I cant get enough.  Wish there was a place like that here in VA where a bunch of like minded people got together. 
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline StevenT

« Reply #6808 on: October 06, 2011, 01:20:10 pm »
CherokeeKC... if you get a chance to go to the TN Classic, you should go. I made it once and it was one of the best trips I have made. Better than visiting Disneyland. And the tread means a whole lot more to you once you visit. Best group of guys (and gals) you can meet anywhere. And yea, I wish there as a place like this in VA also.

Offline Will H

« Reply #6809 on: October 06, 2011, 11:48:00 pm »
Man pappy! Looks like I missed another great weekend at the farm. Work has been wearin me out. :) I'll try to swing by tomorrow night if that's ok? Really been missin you guys!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"