Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4702133 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Life is good
« Reply #720 on: December 11, 2007, 08:45:05 pm »
   Old saying,"He who talks about hunting and doesn't,deserves to eat carrots and roots",That meat just won't taste the same. :P
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #721 on: December 11, 2007, 09:44:02 pm »
 Another ole sayin'"He who talks and dosent hunt washes clothes with the women !" ;D Just funnin' but saying comes from indian culture ;)..........bob

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #722 on: December 11, 2007, 10:01:53 pm »
Was talkin to a cohort today at lunch - he lives in Louisiana and hunts in Kentucky, and Alabama. Did the math for his lease and licsence - if he kills a deer that yeilds 50 pounds of meat, he pays about $50:00 a pound. Gotta be the most expensive meat on earth - I'm cheap ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #723 on: December 11, 2007, 10:23:26 pm »
   Paul,I was on a Trophy deer lease in Ga. one year.It cost me $1600 a year.I got sent out of the country during the Rut and ended up with a 85# doe for the year.Really sucked.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #724 on: December 11, 2007, 10:41:45 pm »
Hehehe, man I can imagine ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #725 on: December 11, 2007, 11:38:58 pm »
You guys got it all wrong.  When hunting you pay $$$ for the time out, the meat is a bonus, FREE.  ;) Now when you sell that meat you have to pay for the next adventure.  Hey David, I heard Eddie has about 85# of meat you can buy for only $1600.  ;D  Another one: vegetarian= old Indian word for lousy hunter. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #726 on: December 12, 2007, 05:37:35 am »
I'm cheap to and use to think for a long time that is why I try and make most of my own stuff
but later figured out that ant it at all,it's what keep me sane,well mostly sane. ;D ;D Tiller
come on down and I will GIVE you some meat.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #727 on: December 12, 2007, 11:42:28 pm »
Pappy, you got yourself a deal!   ;D  I will be there for the Classic definitely!!!

Now, guys! I would have to say I'm a modern hunter of the times. I get up in the morning, get my cup of coffee and head for the happy hunting grounds. In this case my shop where the does come to gaze and the bucks tend to meander around the does while they wonder through the shelves. Then the does walk up to my blind and I pulls back for the kill and the money is laid on the table!!!  ;D  Dang, its amazing what type of hunting can be done in a bath and skincare shop!!!! The does just walk right in the door!  ;)  Mmmmmm! Money (= Venison)!!!!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #728 on: December 13, 2007, 05:56:17 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D thats pretty good David.
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #729 on: December 13, 2007, 06:31:28 pm »
 ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #730 on: December 14, 2007, 05:40:40 am »
Friday again and I plan to be at the cabin by 1 today.I have no big plans just kind of like normal
a little hunting and some bow work.I want to get the last coat of sealer on my Osage and try and get my IW at least out to brace.Laid out some deer stew meat yesterday so I plan on a big pot
for the weekend.Probably be by myself cause Christmas in almost here,This will be my last weekend until after Christmas.I need to stay home next weekend and then I'M leaving on a hunting trip To
Land between the lakes for a week on the 26th.Got a bunch of Yankees coming down to meet me there so that will be fun,always is.I will take plenty of pictures of the trip and hopefully of some deer.
See yall Monday and have a good weekend,Merry Christmas.Life is good.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #731 on: December 15, 2007, 12:25:07 am »
Right back to ya Pappy! Have fun on that trip. Sounds like it will be a blast.  Hopping when things settle down here I can do some things similar to what you've been doing. Sounds like a lot of fun!

David T

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #732 on: December 17, 2007, 05:38:27 am »
Had a great weekend,finished my Osage and worked on another Osage we plan to auction
off at the classic.Big A ,Greg and me got it to a growth ring and laid out and cut down.Had a friend come down with his grandson to build his first bow,he brought a IW log and that is all he knew.We showed him how to get the bark off,slick up the back and helped lay it out and cut it out.It need
to season so it won't be ready by Christmas as he had hoped ,it was just cut 2 weeks ago but
he has a start.He seem to be a quick learner.Made some venison stew that went well. It rained all weekend so didn't hunt except Friday evening seen 2 doe but no close encounters.Here are some pictures of the weekend.Life is good. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:45:27 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #733 on: December 17, 2007, 05:42:58 am »
Our friend with his IW log,getting the bark off and the Osage and IW laid out.
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #734 on: December 17, 2007, 05:47:25 am »
This is Case get me some wood ready for my camp stove to use on the trip,child labor again.GregB working and and Osage getting to a ring and BigA setting by the new stove,it was raining and hard to set outside by the fire so we fired up the stove.And my new Osage bow finely finished. :)
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:46:19 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good