Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4609719 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #240 on: June 13, 2007, 06:09:38 am »
Ya Pat that was him,he said he had been coming up there for 20 years and so have I but never meet him ,can't believe we hadn't crossed paths but anyway he stopped by for a while,seems like a very nice guy and his wife was sweet also.We did have a good time Brian we always do but this
year was better than most seen lots of old friends that I haven't seen in a while and meet lots of new ones,that's always good. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: June 13, 2007, 05:59:02 pm »
meet lots of new ones,that's always good. ;D
   Pappy
You have that problem too?   Once the old ones get to know me a little better, I have to keep making new friends.  ;D Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #242 on: June 14, 2007, 07:27:40 am »
Yes I do,I have seen so many come and go in this  it is un believable so I keep meeting new ones
I like them all but especially the new ones that are just getting started and still real excited about
it like I have been for 30 years,  ??? I don't know what is wrong with me it's just what I do. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2007, 10:04:23 am »
Nothing wrong with that Pappy. I feel the same.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2007, 06:05:48 am »
Well it's Friday again,Got another big weekend planed.Greg is coming down tonight and we will do some cooking and bows and shooting of course and Sat. Me,Greg,Anthony,Chad and Grant are
going to set up at a Summer fest in Ashland city Tn.We are carrying stave's and benches to do some demonstrations on bow building and string making.We have some PA stuff to pass out.It should be fun they say there are around 10,000 folks pass through over the weekend so hopefully
 we can hook a few,got to fish where the fish are,I made that up,just kidding but it is
right.Sometimes we just stay in our on little world and in my little world we all do this stuff so we are going to spread out this weekend.Pictures Monday.Wish us luck. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2007, 08:52:08 am »
Well I just found out Greg can't make it tonight,so I guess I am own my on tonight,Guess
I will just have to wing it and see what I can come up with,Maybe brats and taters or venison
and taters don't know yet but bet I don't go hungry. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

CastIron

« Reply #246 on: June 15, 2007, 12:37:42 pm »
Well I just found out Greg can't make it tonight,so I guess I am own my on tonight,Guess
I will just have to wing it and see what I can come up with,Maybe brats and taters or venison
and taters don't know yet but bet I don't go hungry. :)
   Pappy

I might make it by this evening and drag out a Dutch oven maybe some more of those Taters with cheese and onions maybe and some ham or some other meat that we have on hand.......... Greg are you listening

-GM-

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #247 on: June 15, 2007, 01:30:11 pm »
Man that would be great,I hadn't hear from you so now I feel much better.Glad to see you can really type. ;D Come on down and will make Greg cry when he sees the pictures Monday. :'(
 By the way for any of you folks that don't know CastIron he is one of the best dutch oven cook and general all round cook you will find and if I hadn't mentioned it the selfbow champ of the
universe ;D ;D ;D GOT TO SUCK UP TO THE COOK. ;) Is that the way you wanted me to word that Grant. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

CastIron

« Reply #248 on: June 15, 2007, 02:08:00 pm »
Man that would be great,I hadn't hear from you so now I feel much better.Glad to see you can really type. ;D Come on down and will make Greg cry when he sees the pictures Monday. :'(
 By the way for any of you folks that don't know CastIron he is one of the best dutch oven cook and general all round cook you will find and if I hadn't mentioned it the selfbow champ of the
universe ;D ;D ;D GOT TO SUCK UP TO THE COOK. ;) Is that the way you wanted me to word that Grant. ;D
   Pappy

If this event will have lotS of pepole there and it has a 1800's theme what kind of throne can we set up for pappy to sign autographs on all of the Primitive archer magazines we hand out ............... just say when to stop

CastIron.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #249 on: June 15, 2007, 02:35:35 pm »

Cast-iron...1800's event, Cast-iron...1800's event...hey Grant, what you goin' be cookin' in the dutch ovens at that 1800's event Saturday? ;D Those raspberry porkchops you're famous for sound good to me! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

8up

« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2007, 01:25:42 am »
Just Found this thread. Let me tell you Cloverdale was a great time. No one could ask for better guys to camp with then Pappy and Grant. They had all the comforts of home except AC but Pappy even had fans for sleeping.  There was no chance at going hungry.
Tuesday night was brats,
Wednesday's Dinner

Thursday's Dinner was Deep fried walleye, Venison cooked over the fire, Beans from the dutch oven and cornbread.

Friday we had Catfish, stirfry, leftover beans and cornbread. Saturday it was back to Ribeye's and giant baked potato's.
Saturday's crowd filtering in to hear the Pickin

Chad, Ron and Samuel entertaining us

Pappy Chasing a ring

Good food, Great weather, Great entertainment, getting shooting tips from the Selfbow Champ of the Universe, Bow building lessons from Pappy. Life is Very Good
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 11:06:46 am by Pappy »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2007, 06:11:07 am »
Well we had a great weekend,Friday night Gran came down and made a great meal and Sat. morning we loaded up and went to the Summer fest in Ashland city Tn.We set up a
TwinOaks booth,a Primitive Archer booth and Chad set up one to sell CD'S .It went
good,gave out a case of Magazines and got a lot of good responce.Meet a lot of new folks
and gave some Kidd's some shooting lessons.Also worker down two starves and laid out some
bows.Tillered on 8UP'S bow and got a good start.We decided to let it rest.Meet one of
the 101st best that is being deployed in 2 weeks and gave him some stuff to take with him
also let his kidds help me debark an Osage stave.Went home Sunday for a great Fathers day
with Joanie and my son Beau not spelled BOW like everyone says.Yes life is good.Here are some pictures.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:14:14 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #252 on: June 18, 2007, 06:12:38 am »
More.
Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:15:12 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2007, 06:14:41 am »
Some more of Sumer fest.
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:15:45 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2007, 06:20:25 am »
More.This is the guy in the 101st and his Kidd's helping me.Wish him luck,great guy and family
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:17:54 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good