Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650346 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #600 on: October 22, 2007, 06:09:42 am »
Osage laid out and getting supper ready for Sat. night. :)
    Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:47:24 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #601 on: October 22, 2007, 06:12:15 am »
Had good coals for Sat. night,I made sure of that. ;D
   Pappy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 02:48:33 pm by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #602 on: October 22, 2007, 06:14:57 am »
Me putting tips on Darrell's bow ,Him with the bow and the grip.It turned out nice. :)
Till next week.Hope yall have a good one. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #603 on: October 22, 2007, 08:34:13 am »
Looks good Pappy! Them carp skins on yer hick look nice too. Cooler weather headed your way - this front dropped temps here bout 25 degrees.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #604 on: October 22, 2007, 08:41:45 am »
Can't wait,we are also supposed to get 2 or 3 days of rain and we can sure use it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

DCM

« Reply #605 on: October 22, 2007, 10:54:56 am »
Pappy I've been enjoying your pictorial blog.  We seem to share a number of passions: food, bowyering, hunting.  Others no doubt, appretiate your descretion on posting pics of that!  LOL  Too late on the rain.  Growing season just about over.  First frost should be any day now.  Just makes everything muddy, although it will help my greens and rye in the food plots.  Has your clover field greened up?  One I hunt over was so parched I don't think I'll see any fall clover on it.  Like the width profile on Derrell's hickory bow.  Your carp skins turned out extra nice.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #606 on: October 22, 2007, 11:11:00 am »
Yes we got some rain a week or so ago and my clover is nice and thick,my greens and oats are up but there is so little to eat as far as mass crop goes unless it grows faster they will eat it all up before it has a chance to get bigger.Seen 14 in one of the food plots last week and 7/8 in one
Friday.I have about 3 acers of greens and Oats spread around the place in about 1/2 acers spots.and 3 or 4 acers of clover that is doing well.I also have about 90 acers of cut corn fields
and the other 300 or so is all woods and thickets.The brouse is about all dried up so they are hitting the plots in force.They usually don't use them much until late winter,this year is a little different. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #607 on: October 22, 2007, 11:36:52 am »
Winter ??? What day is winter down there ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #608 on: October 22, 2007, 11:38:34 am »
Very cool thread......

Thanks for sharing......those really are the best weekend ain't they?
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #609 on: October 22, 2007, 02:09:35 pm »

As always, the food looked great! I'm missing not getting in on much of that good eating here lately. Was hoping to run by with a deer Saturday night, but it didn't work out. Seems like the foodplots are really beginning to kick in. The buck I saw Saturday evening made three different scrapes around and in my plot.

Saw the hickory bow with carp skins, those skins look awesome! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #610 on: October 22, 2007, 02:19:14 pm »
Pappy:  Love the leaf-blower pic. Sometimes "Anti-primitive" is the way to go.  Beats fanning it with your hat. 

Once again your Monday morning posts have made my day.

I did get a chance to make a few shavings this weekend.  I might be able to salvage the persimmon wood after all. 

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

DCM

« Reply #611 on: October 22, 2007, 02:33:12 pm »
Same here on the food plots Pappy.  I had a big second growth of sunflowers, bushhogged for doves in August.  Deer were after them in a big way a couple of weeks ago.  Couldn't figure what they were after in there until I went and looked.  Some of my greens and rye are getting hit hard, but look pretty sad for want of water anyway.  Need to check my clover field again I reckon.  We've had some good rains and warm days.  I think they cut the hay off 2 weeks ago so maybe I'll have some clover in there after all.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #612 on: October 23, 2007, 08:17:02 am »
Hehe, sounds like you and Greg both live in the woods Pappy :). I'm about to break down and do some huntin in my back yard too. Got a feeder set up 120 yards from my back door (their not pets by any stretch of the imagination) but nice to look at while havin morning coffee. Get tired of driving 100 miles round trip daily to the lease and not see nothin........
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #613 on: October 23, 2007, 12:42:08 pm »
Ya we do kink of live in the country,but it is only 5 min. drive to my farm from the house
so the drive ant bad.I just don't feel right hunting in my back yard,even tho if I see that big one again I may get over it. ;D ;) I have about 7 arcers there joined by about 50 more I could hunt
if I wanted to.I feel pretty lucky to have lots of places to hunt,Just hope that last as long as I live.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #614 on: October 23, 2007, 02:22:55 pm »

Pappy, I'd like to plan a Nov. weekend hunt with you and get in on some of that good cookin' by fire! Maybe do a little scrapping as well... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...