Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650308 times)

Offline Gsulfridge

Re: Life is good
« Reply #10995 on: July 21, 2014, 03:26:23 pm »
Pappy, you were right about me losing my hat on the return trip (why did I ever doubt you).  I stopped at the end of the gravel drive and it was already missing!  I have one that says Twin Oaks on it that looks better anyway.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10996 on: July 22, 2014, 05:30:25 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D,sometimes I amaze myself with my insight and wisdom. ;D ;D ;D ???
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10997 on: July 22, 2014, 07:49:32 am »
;) ;D ;D ;D ;D,sometimes I amaze myself with my insight and wisdom. ;D ;D ;D ???
   Pappy
Haaaa haaa ha!  I bet you do. :laugh:

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10998 on: July 23, 2014, 05:41:25 am »
Just about to get all my stuff together for the trip coming up Monday,takes more than you think when you start putting it all together,glad I got the trailer in shape.We are going to need it. ??? ;) :) I also got the brace all evened up on my Mullberry bow but had to put it back on the form for some tip alignment and handle adjustment,seems to have went good when I took it off last night,we will see today when I string it back up.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #10999 on: July 23, 2014, 07:57:04 am »
Hope you have a good, safe trip Pappy.  If I had been working on that Mulberry, it would have been shooting by now! >:D  ;) :laugh:

Offline Will H

« Reply #11000 on: July 23, 2014, 09:33:51 pm »
Well FYI I beat both of ya...  :laugh: I got 2 coats of finish on mine :) not like it's a race though  :o
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11001 on: July 24, 2014, 05:14:55 am »
Didn't know it was a race or I would have finished mine Saturday. :P got it out to 40@21 last night,heat treated and the tip flipped,should be ready to finish tillering Friday evening if I get the time. :) :) Dozier guy is back to work on a couple of my logging roads and also a shooting berm and drainage areas for the club, he should be there through the weekend. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11002 on: July 24, 2014, 08:00:20 am »
I cant wait to see it.  I suppose it will be the usual exceptional bow that you guys turn out down there.  I'm glad we didn't race.  I would still be at the starting line! :laugh:

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11003 on: July 25, 2014, 05:51:48 am »
We turn out plenty of duds also Greg. ;) :) Friday and got lots planned for the weekend,got to finish getting our stuff together for the trip,need to clean and mop/bomb the cabin [it's a mess] also got the material for the bridge steps and flooring so may get some of that done also. The dozier guy has the shooting berm finished /drainage ditches/terrace also finished for the club,hopefully he will have my roads finshed today,he had one finished yesterday when I left and it looks great,he really knows how to repair a woods road. And then if time allows I am ready to finish the tiller on my Mullberry bow,it came of the forms yesterday and is looking good,had to take a little reflex out of one tip, had about an inch more that the other so I figured it was easier to take some out rather than add more. Worked great and ready to tiller. Hope yall have a good weekend,see ya for a short time Monday,then North. ;) ;D ;D ;D Life is Good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11004 on: July 28, 2014, 05:39:01 am »
What a great weekend,got some things done around the Cabin/Club and also some stuff done in the shop with time left over to shoot and pack. Looking forward to the cooler weather this coming week. Hope yall had a good one. Here are some pictures of the fun.  ;) ;) Miss Joanie a new bird house,she love the ones I make from old hollow logs. Mullberry on the form for some heat treating/handle tweaking and tips flipped. :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11005 on: July 28, 2014, 05:54:48 am »
Bridge supplies, Sally girl / shooting berm/terrace's and dozer work finshed. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11006 on: July 28, 2014, 05:58:41 am »
New roads to the top above the cabin and to the barn,looks great. Art's new arrows made by Dan. Packing and getting everything together for our road trip. :) :) Had to carry my green bow,we plan on a green bow challenge. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11007 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:27 am »
Little time for some shooting. ;) Bows in the works /BigA and Will. Resting around the Fire Friday evening
and my Mullberry back to brace,still looking good. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11008 on: July 28, 2014, 06:10:26 am »
New arrows by BigA,and new knives from GregB,both do some beautiful work. Couple of guys show up Saturday for some bow work. More shooting,we want to be ready for them Yanks this week. :) :) :)
Gift set for a special friend up North.  ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11009 on: July 28, 2014, 06:16:00 am »
Bridge work,all evened up and ready for the  steps and planking. Got to love the truss system.  ;) ;) No center pole needed this way. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good