Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4650706 times)

Offline K.Hills

Re: Life is good
« Reply #11940 on: February 23, 2015, 01:10:03 pm »
Pappy, Glad you guys like the breakfast sausage and other goodies. Looking fwd to coming to the Classic. K. Hills

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11941 on: February 24, 2015, 04:37:33 am »
Sure seems funny to see everything white with snow down there Guys. Thought us Yankees would share a bit of it with Our Southern Brothers  >:D. Was only -11 here in Mid-Michigan yesterday morning - still trying to get My well pipes thawed out from the temp crash Friday  >:(! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11942 on: February 25, 2015, 05:00:38 am »
All the stuff was great, you guys got it going on for sure. Ya Bob it's still white and calling for more this evening and tonight and back down in the low teens, Old man winter just don't want to give up this year. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11943 on: February 25, 2015, 08:32:27 am »
We got 4" to 5" of snow yesterday(they were calling for 1" to 2") and tonight they say another 4" to 8" of snow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11944 on: February 26, 2015, 06:01:15 am »
Man yall are getting hit hard Pat, we got an inch in Clarksville and a couple in Nashville, went more to the South this time. :) Might be a little sloppy down in AL. at the Spring Fling. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #11945 on: February 26, 2015, 01:38:54 pm »
Ha!  The Tommy Bahama beach chair in the snow.  That's great!
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11946 on: February 26, 2015, 01:42:25 pm »
...and its up to 42 degrees now.  ???
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11947 on: February 26, 2015, 10:52:15 pm »
80 here. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11948 on: February 27, 2015, 04:32:16 am »
-16 at My house this morning. I'm never gonna get My well pipes thawed out  :'(! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11949 on: February 27, 2015, 05:05:46 am »
15 here this morning and high of 29 so it ant going to thaw much today. O well fun by the fire. ;) ;) Steve we love that Chair. ;) :) Headed to the Cabin pretty early today I hope. I have to go by and pick up Beau's Coyote mount [ surprise] hope he don't check Life is Good today. ;) :) Also had the big Bob Cat Eddie /Chris gave me in November made into a rug and the smaller one soft tanned to hang with my other hides. Thanks a bunch Eddie !!! Also kept the large skull, he said the smaller of the 2 was crushed [Road kill] ??? ::) ::) O no not Eddie. ;) :) :) Anyway looking forward to seeing them and will have some pictures Monday. ;) We are hoping to get some work done around the Club this evening and Saturday, only 2 more weeks till our open shoot and still lots to be done. I am afraid it is going to be like last week, very sloppy but sooner or later we got to do it slop or not. :) Also Dave called last night he got a really nice gift from Rocky and wanted me to post some pictures, Rocky is a very generous Man for sure.  ;) Got to love that guy, Great Northern Re-curve Just for Dave's style. Hope yall have a good one, see ya Monday. Life is Good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #11950 on: February 27, 2015, 06:50:14 am »
Thanks for posting the pictures for me Pappy.  I tried last night with my phone and they wouldn't load on here for some reason.  The bow is Rocky's first GN he sent it back to Jerry Brumm and he refinished it.  Thanks Rocky.  I have some pretty good friends I've met through archery. It's 1 degree here this morning and suppose to snow later tonight into tomorrow.  You all have a great weekend and remember Life is Good.

David

Offline Rocky

« Reply #11951 on: February 27, 2015, 08:32:08 am »
Bows aren't meant to be hung on the wall Dave so I sent it to the only guy I know that can still pull it ( and that I like a lot). Enjoy.

Rocky

Have a good weekend all!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11952 on: February 27, 2015, 09:51:24 am »
I agree Brian. Bows are meant to be shot. Good job and lucky you big Dave!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #11953 on: February 27, 2015, 06:06:25 pm »
Good on ya, Brian!  Congrats Dave!  Dave, now you can join in on the Great Northern Shoot off  with Mark, Brian and myself at Cloverdale!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Otis

« Reply #11954 on: February 27, 2015, 06:20:40 pm »
I thought it had to be green Matt ;)  It is a smooth drawing bow. I haven't shot it yet. I strung it last night and pulled it a few times. Looking forward to shooting and hunting with it. Rocky sent a letter with the delivery and  stated that it has traveled many miles and killed a lot of game, elk included.  It's great to have good friends.

David