Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633017 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #11970 on: March 02, 2015, 06:12:37 am »
Enjoying the fire /Pavilion and registration ready for our up coming event the 3rd weekend of this month.  :) Not  near as big as the Classic but still a good event. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11971 on: March 02, 2015, 06:17:11 am »
And lots more wood at the top camp ground, I put 1 nice stack in Greg's [Badly bent] camp spot, Seasoned Maple and will burn well in a open fire. ;) :) I will let him be in charge of passing it out, ;) :) fire wood is power at the Classic. >:D ;) :) Hope yall had a good one also. :) Life is Good. ;) :)
   Pappy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:03:45 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Otis

« Reply #11972 on: March 02, 2015, 06:21:48 am »
Looks like another great weekend at the farm. You guys get any more done on the second bridge Pappy?  Looking forward to getting down there.  Stay warm everyone spring is a coming.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11973 on: March 02, 2015, 06:32:20 am »
No Dave we are waiting on the ground to get solid again so we can get a concrete tuck in
and out without such a big mess, :) that might be a while. :-\ We want it done by the Classic but it HAS to me done by the IBO Traditional world in July  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #11974 on: March 02, 2015, 07:37:52 am »
Great weekend from the looks of it.  Good job Frank on the coyotes!  Two less fawn killers on the loose. 
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #11975 on: March 02, 2015, 10:28:19 am »
Looks like the place to be Pappy! Man I wish I lived closer would love to be part of what you got going there at Twin Oaks! Can't wait to see it all at the classic. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11976 on: March 03, 2015, 05:43:36 am »
Looking forward to it also Patrick. Ya Greg Frank is very excited about his trapping 84 years old and still going strong. He walks my place ever year looking for ginseng and Mushrooms also, guess that is what keeps him going. ;)Still cleaning and drying up from last week and now they are calling for 4 to 6 more inches of sleet/snow Wednesday night and Thursday morning, 27 for a high and back to almost 0 for the low, :-\  man man.  :-\ Hard to get stuff done like this.  ;) :) :)
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Patches

« Reply #11977 on: March 03, 2015, 09:51:08 am »
Pappy, I think after this go around with weather it is supposed to start warming up.  Here in west Missouri we got some freezing rain last night, supposed to be about 50 today, freezing with a chance of snow tomorrow and Thursday, and in the 60s by next week.  I can't wait for May  :)
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11978 on: March 03, 2015, 10:17:01 am »
Gotta love spring time weather.   ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #11979 on: March 03, 2015, 11:57:01 am »
Springs a long time comin this high up :( Bob

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11980 on: March 03, 2015, 01:22:34 pm »
4" of snow so far, w/sleet & freezing rain mixed in here in Mid-Michigan today  :'(. Spring can't come fast enough - been a LONG Winter. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline silverfox

• Ohio Subscription #108669
« Reply #11981 on: March 03, 2015, 01:32:49 pm »
I have said it before, but I will say it again. I really enjoy looking at these pictures. Thank you for taking the time to post them.
New to all of this primitive stuff. Just taking it all in, and learning every time I come here.

Subscription # 108669

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11982 on: March 04, 2015, 04:54:47 am »
Thanks silverfox glad you enjoy. :) Bad weather on the way here also 4 to 6 inches of snow maybe by early in the morning ,that maybe winters last gasp, supposed to warm and dry a bit after that. ;) I did hear from all these folks that think the weather is very weird, one of the biggest snow in TN. was on March 17th /12 inches of snow and single digit temps. I think he said and was around the turn of the century, that's the 20th century so the weather was weird back then also I guess. ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #11983 on: March 04, 2015, 06:32:33 am »
The pictures are good and bring back some great memories.  This has been a crazy winter here also.  12 below this morning with 14" of snow.  Been watching several bunches of bull elk with the spotting scope from the living room window.  They haven't shed their horns yet.  This is the first year so many bulls have been in that mountain side.  My wife is a horn hunting fanatic and she can't wait until they start dropping horns.  I made something for Miss Joanie out of a hippo tusk and am working on a couple more things for the raffle.  Life is Good!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Parnell

« Reply #11984 on: March 04, 2015, 11:52:33 am »
The pictures are good and bring back some great memories.  This has been a crazy winter here also.  12 below this morning with 14" of snow.  Been watching several bunches of bull elk with the spotting scope from the living room window.  They haven't shed their horns yet.  This is the first year so many bulls have been in that mountain side.  My wife is a horn hunting fanatic and she can't wait until they start dropping horns.  I made something for Miss Joanie out of a hippo tusk and am working on a couple more things for the raffle.  Life is Good!  Joe

Really hoping you make it this year, Joe.  Angie and I are researching RV's, currently.  We may be finally trying to pay you a visit this summer.  The green light may be shining.  I've got my fingers crossed.
1’—>1’