Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4649629 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Life is good
« Reply #930 on: February 05, 2008, 09:10:49 pm »
Gosh Pappy I'd love to. We'er not sure what the timming is going to be. It will depend on what my wife gets for vacation time. Thanks for the heads up on the timing for the rest of the gang.    Keenan

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #931 on: February 06, 2008, 05:04:58 am »
Wow! What a wood lot you've got there. Some of that wood looks like it does not have a knot in it anywhere!

D. Tiller

PS: Keenan you have got to move to a warmer climate. That white stuff on the ground looks just ...... AWFULL!!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #932 on: February 06, 2008, 07:18:10 am »
Cool picture Keenan,man now that is some snow.Tiller we cook brats with wood with knots
knots in it. ;) ;D ;D Hope you can work it out Kennan you won't see nothing like that down here,maybe rain. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #933 on: February 06, 2008, 08:23:22 am »
Wonder how many arrows you'd lose going stump shooting in all that white stuff? ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #934 on: February 06, 2008, 11:02:55 am »
Hope the club survived the tornadoes and yer all safe Pappy, I seen on the news this morning 20 dead in Tenn.

Keenan I know how ya feel with the snow :(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #935 on: February 06, 2008, 11:18:59 am »
Ya we made it fine where I was,lots of rain and hail but thats about it,Haven't checked the farm,hope the bow shop is still there and the barn full of staves. ??? I'll check this evening. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #936 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:24 am »
 Someone do a head count down that way and let us know everyone is ok......Keenan

CastIron

« Reply #937 on: February 06, 2008, 12:54:49 pm »
We made it OK here north of town it was pretty spooky for a while there was a tornado touch down a few miles from us in KY, but we just had a lot of wind and rain a few limbs down .

Has anyone heard from KnotHead at least one of the cells went thru his area?

I will try to go by the club this afternoon also in case there is any clean up needed

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #938 on: February 06, 2008, 03:10:31 pm »
I went to bed early last night and I guess I slept through the most of it. Woke up about 1:00 with some thunder/lightening, but it didn't seem to bad. Had to be into work this morning by 5:00am and no sign of damage on the way in other then a lot of rain.

Grant, we could have used you competing in the squirrel contest last weekend...with your entry fee that would have made an even $80.00 I won. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline RG

« Reply #939 on: February 06, 2008, 09:40:37 pm »
Knothead is ok I stay in town most of the time Wife don't like that 178 mile round trip anymore Talked to freinds down near my farm and
every thing made it ok Life is Good

Ron

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #940 on: February 07, 2008, 12:52:32 am »
Just heard about the tornados down that way. Glad to hear you all came through ok!

Now the question is should we bring shovels to build tornado shelters while we are at the classic?  ??? ;D

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #941 on: February 07, 2008, 01:41:09 am »
David, You shouldn't need a shovel but a life jacket and a pair of Welles would help. ;D     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #942 on: February 07, 2008, 07:00:41 am »
Pat that was a good one. ;D ;D ;D ;D I checked the farm and shop yesterday and everything
is OK.didn't see any trees down and all the roofs are still intact.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #943 on: February 08, 2008, 07:05:30 am »
FRIDAY AGAIN, Ant got any big plans for this weekend,just same old stuff. ;)I plan on doing some more work on my Osage,maybe even get it tillered this weekend.I also have the splice done on my take down so it is ready for nocks and start the tillering on it.Also may work on some of the Hickory we hauled up last weekend.Other than that just some good chow and relax.Ant hear from
any of the guys but I bet I have some company.Hope yall have a good one.see ya Monday.
Life is good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #944 on: February 08, 2008, 10:27:10 pm »
Uh oh! Rain down that way?!?! Thats what I'm tryin to get away from up here in the Northwest. I will bring my rubber ducky to make it feal more like home.

By the way! Where is the best place to set up my tent when I get there? And, what should I expect temperature wise? I have a  -70 degree mummy bag but dont know if that will be a bit much. Anywhere to wash out some clothes? If so I will plan on three pairs of clothing and do a handwash sometime durring the Classic.

Golly baba! I am really getting excited about getting down there and I still have a bit over two months to go!!! I am afraid how I will be as we get closer to the final date.

David T