Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632060 times)

CastIron

Re: Life is good
« Reply #945 on: February 08, 2008, 11:49:15 pm »
Uh oh! Rain down that way?!?! Thats what I'm tryin to get away from up here in the Northwest. I will bring my rubber ducky to make it feal more like home.

By the way! Where is the best place to set up my tent when I get there? And, what should I expect temperature wise? I have a  -70 degree mummy bag but dont know if that will be a bit much. Anywhere to wash out some clothes? If so I will plan on three pairs of clothing and do a handwash sometime durring the Classic.

Golly baba! I am really getting excited about getting down there and I still have a bit over two months to go!!! I am afraid how I will be as we get closer to the final date.

David T

No problem you can wash clothes in the rain  ;D

There are lots of places to pitch a tent we probably have a extra tent if you don't want to pack one.

Temps can dip into the 40's at night some times in May but might also be in the 80's for the high and upper 50's for the  lows  you won't need long underwear but pack a sweater or light jacket for sitting around the fire.

If you scrape fast enough you may not need a jacket the workout will keep you warm  ;D ;D

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #946 on: February 09, 2008, 06:28:42 pm »
Sounds BALMY to me! We are getting rain now and 30's at night and not much or often into the 50's with humdity and wind. Sounds like paragdise! How are the mosquito conditions about then? Snakes? I hates snakes!!!

Have a one person tent that should be light enough to carry and a backpack for clothing and other essentials. I try to travel light if I can.  Though were I'm going to put the moose billet I have no idea!  Just wish I had the Hupa sinew backed bow finnished and I would have been able to put that in the back pack! Do love them shorties bows!!!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

CastIron

« Reply #947 on: February 10, 2008, 12:30:55 am »
Sounds BALMY to me! We are getting rain now and 30's at night and not much or often into the 50's with humdity and wind. Sounds like paragdise! How are the mosquito conditions about then? Snakes? I hates snakes!!!

David T

I feel sorry for the poor unlucky  Snake that wanders into this crowd it would be whompted "skint"  and glued to the back of a bow all before you could say Rattleheadcoppermockisen

As for skeeters they aren't much too worry about...... but the ticks that is another matter entirely you might Google Permanon or Duranon one or the other should be available at most Wal-Marts

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #948 on: February 10, 2008, 04:12:31 am »
I'll be looking for them! Hates Snakes! They got something I can use to keep them away? I'll tell ya my snake horror story when I get there!!! I HATE SNAKES!!!! Mince em dice em chop em! I don't care!!! Any snake that comes near me is .... DINNER!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #949 on: February 11, 2008, 07:40:58 am »
Had a great weekend,I was by myself Friday but got a lot done.Got my Osage tillered and my take down out to 35@15 ,then flipped the tips and  ready to finish tillering in a day or 2.Sat worked
on some wood cutting and helped a little on Keith's IW. bow.helped him turn up the tips on it.
Supper wasn't much Friday,I don't cook much when I am by myself,so some summer sausage and deer sticks and cracked done just fine.Sat. had a big deer roast.I thought GregB was eating with
us since he was there working ,but he got a call and I ant sure what she said but he got all gitty and was in a GREAT BIG HURRY to get out of there.It must have been something good cause he passed on the roast.It couldn't have been food cause he said she didn't cook. Any way he missed a good meal.  :)  ;D ;D
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:24:47 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #950 on: February 11, 2008, 07:43:47 am »
My take down and the Osage on the tiller board.Getting the roast thawed for Sat. :)
    Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #951 on: February 11, 2008, 07:52:11 am »
A sad supper Friday night but a very peaceful time around the fire that night.I cut some wood
SAT. morning.The biggest one is Elm,the middle one is Persimmon and the smallest is IW.
I had a cherry fall across the road in the last storm and had to cut these to get to the Cherry.
Pretty nice trees,looks like several bows there,and GregB with the phone call that pulled him
away. ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #952 on: February 11, 2008, 08:01:29 am »
O ya on the bows by the truck,I had to clean out the shop where we do the registering for our shoots,so I thought while I had them togeather I would get a shot of them.They were from 07.
GregB laying out a couple of Dogwood bows and straighting the tip of an Osage he is building for his
brother,he did get a little done before he had to run,and George a good friend of the club. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #953 on: February 11, 2008, 08:07:46 am »
Splitting some Hickory,shooting my Osage for the first time.One of our kids practicing with his spear and my take down on the tiller board. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #954 on: February 11, 2008, 08:11:23 am »
A little tip work,Our newest Member Art,he has been in Archery for almost 60 years and Grant
,making another one of his outstanding shots. ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #955 on: February 11, 2008, 08:15:30 am »
Now this looks more like it for supper,a little more tip work and Grant taking up GregB's slack.  ;) ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #956 on: February 11, 2008, 08:22:14 am »
My plate,now that hit the spot,my take down out to 35@15 ,need a little more work on the bottom limb,a little stiff and flipping the tips on it.We seem to do that a lot but got to where we really like it so most of the bows get that.Hope yall had as good a weekend as I did.It was great
weather and got a lot done.Along with all the stuff I got done we also got the practice range
set and about 6 truck loads of wood cut for the fire pit and all you guys/gals coming to the
Tn. Classic,got to have fire.Life is good. ;) :) :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #957 on: February 11, 2008, 03:12:32 pm »
Does look like I missed out on a good meal Saturday night at the club. I made salmon patties, stewed potatoes and toasted french bread...not to bad a meal.  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #958 on: February 11, 2008, 11:38:06 pm »
Looks like another day at the office for you guys - do ya'll do that every day? I know you know how good ya got it ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #959 on: February 12, 2008, 06:34:25 am »
Not every day cowboy just ever weekend. :) and yes we do. :) ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good