Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4632727 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Life is good
« Reply #1410 on: May 06, 2008, 11:06:18 am »
Had the best time ever.  Met new friends, jessie S , dana, Dtiller, Mullet and his wife , the rest of the parkers.  All great folks!  twin oaks holds the greatest shoot.  cant wait until next year.
Mark,  Hanna's pups look great.  see ya at cloverdale ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #1411 on: May 06, 2008, 11:08:37 am »
Hay Don:
Thanks for posting those photos of them boys.
You be sure to call me the next time y'all head up to see Pappy.
My son would fit right in with them.

Thanks
David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1412 on: May 06, 2008, 11:09:10 am »
That was a blast! Congrats on your new addition's Pappy ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1413 on: May 06, 2008, 01:32:51 pm »
  Nice Pup's Pappy, are they Chocolate's or mixed?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #1414 on: May 06, 2008, 01:52:58 pm »
All chocolate,ant looked to see male and female yet.Maybe today.I think they were born Sunday night.You still smiling,by the way you have a really nice wife,I guess she has to be to put up with
you,kind of like mine. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #1415 on: May 06, 2008, 03:12:23 pm »
Oh, and Eddie, I warned Jesse to wash his rock stash before he starts knapping it.  ;D >:D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

sweetpea

« Reply #1416 on: May 06, 2008, 03:38:27 pm »
  New here, sure looks like you guy's had some fun. I'd like to be there next time. That Mullet guy is in remarkable shape for an old guy and looks cool ,too.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1417 on: May 06, 2008, 03:44:56 pm »
  New here, sure looks like you guy's had some fun. I'd like to be there next time. That Mullet guy is in remarkable shape for an old guy and looks cool ,too.

mullet is 6'4" and totally ripped with jet black hair, its true he told me so himself ;D must be his special diet ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #1418 on: May 06, 2008, 04:28:37 pm »
Thanks to Pappy, Joanie, Keith, Anthony, Greg, Grant and the rest of the Twin Oaks Gang for all their hard work and patience.
The guys who set and pull targets, bring everyone firewood, cook and serve everyone, clean up and in general just look after all of us, never can get enough credit.
Thanks so much for making us a part of your family for the time we are there. As always we had a great time, and lord willing we'll be back next year.
Thanks again Allen and Tomi.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1419 on: May 06, 2008, 06:40:07 pm »
Made it back home! Got into the house around 1 am after flying most of the day and layover in Dallas-Fortworth. Man thats a long flight!  Just read through the posts and really am enjoying the pictures. Keep'em comming guys!  ;)

Writing this from my smell goods shop and hoping a customer will walk in the door. Very quiet today!  :'(

I've been showing the pictures to the family and friends here and they are impressed by all of them. Made a bunch of great friends and had a lot of fun while I was there. Sorry I was such a hermit and zoned out on working on those bows. Man do I get zoned out when I have a nice piece of bow wood in hand!  ;D

Danna, don't worry about the razing of the soap stuff. I now know what you do for a living! Got soap? Lots of it???!!!!???  >:D

Bear, thanks for taking me into town to pick up stuff and giving me a place to put my bags. Had fun talkin with you and the Ohio guys. Don't know why ya' all got such a bad rep in Tenn.  ;)

Pappy those are great looking pups! Hows the proud mama doing?  Sadie looked real curious about what was going on there too! Tell Bo(spelling?) to look me up if he gets out further west than Wyoming.

Looks like I may have a couple staves of nice Yew wood on the way! A friend was down in OR who knows where all the primo stands are and is bringing me by a few. Joe is a great guy and I hope to get him out to Tenn. next year to build a bow with all of you.  May even have few others tagging along by that time! Hmmm, most of these guys are of scandinavian descent, Dutch, Swede and Finn. mixed in with a few others. You up for an invasion of Vikings?!?!  ;D

Marie, thanks again for the beautifull shirt! I really like it allot and enjoyed talking with you. Just wish I was more awake and a better able to converse with you.  Next year!  ;)  You made a great bow too!

Ron, many thanks to you and your family for getting me to and from the classic and putting me up at your place for the last night!

I am looking forward to seeing you all again for the 12th Annual Tenn. Classic!  ;D  What a great time the 11th was. Hard to believe its all over!

David T

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline BearG

« Reply #1420 on: May 06, 2008, 09:16:35 pm »
Don't know how we got a bad wrap either where great guyes just ask us >:D
hated to leave but glad to be home ;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #1421 on: May 06, 2008, 09:43:56 pm »
Me too!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #1422 on: May 06, 2008, 10:06:27 pm »

mullet is 6'4" and totally ripped with jet black hair, its true he told me so himself ;D must be his special diet ;)

Mullet did a good job Hiding from the Cameras ....I see....only one pic with a Bow Drawn in front of His Face....and a Back Shot.....Good Job Eddie!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #1423 on: May 06, 2008, 10:08:46 pm »
I didnt know all those people were part of the Parker clan! Wow, ya got the whole family together Mullet!!!  :o

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #1424 on: May 06, 2008, 10:11:26 pm »
I got a good pic of me, Mullet, and his very nice wife Cathy - I gotta get down to FL some time and visit. Had a really good time :).

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.