Author Topic: Time to stop being a Lurker.  (Read 13742 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Time to stop being a Lurker.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 11:51:50 am »
 Welcome Dan, Glad to hear you are stepping out of your comfort zone and becoming more active. We all start in the same place ,,,,"learning" and hopefully we never out grow it as well.   That's what is so great about this site and the members. We learn from each other through the stroke of a keyboard. ;D Don't be afraid to post some of your projects or ask questions.

Offline aero86

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 04:11:42 pm »
welcome, from a newbie!  haha.  i didnt wait around.  i jumped it with both feet when i showed up!  then a week or two later started posting pictures in the arrow section!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Agnarr

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 10:53:20 pm »
I mainly had to take time to read the entire site. I did pretty well when i had questions to look over past posts and find the answer. I have found more help in this forum than i have in all of the Bibles. The people here roketh verily.

Interesting Tidbit, My picture has appeared in Primitive Archer. I am a member of the Society for Creative Anachronisms, and i was in the background on one of the pictures they had when the featured us in the magazine a few years ago.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 02:11:50 am »
     Being a man of few words, just let me say......
     Welcome Dan, and this is the place to find answers to all of life's questions, if they pertain to primitive archery, flint knapping, or just primitive life stuff. ;)  And don't let the snipping bit bother you, it doesn't happen often, only from Yoopers, and former yoopers, who play at being a Texican...... ;D ;D ;D  Other than that, it is pretty laid back.  8) Oh, and by the way, try not to use those big words. "Anachronisms"......it confuses the Yoopers, and would be westerners, and most of the southern guys, except for Hillbilly, and I am still trying to figure that one out.  ::) You might hear a couple of them talk about drilling rigs, and their BR5000, xlm rock fragmatizing bit, and how the framinizer fell off of the zorchlock, and darn near ruined ranalator, as it passed through the titanium scattershield on th high powered drill knibilingwatt, that is attached rimlacking quad set, on the vibraton derrick facilator.  But they just want the rest of us normal people to think that they were repeat guests on tool time.  ::) One of them is in Texas, and the other at the moment is in South America, drinking high priced coffee, and pretending to be working at a mine down there.  He is actually looking for Jasper, but they don't know that just yet.  ::) They have cover names like El D, and Mullet. But nonethe less, welcome, and enjoy, and yes these are definitely some of the nicest people you will ever come across.  Just don't bother with the ones who snipe, they just need the attention :)......just acknowledge them now and then, and say something nice to them, and they will be fine, and more than likely be able to answer a question you may have.  Or they may have a question, that you could answer......like what is the word that describes an omni directional time tunnel?  You could answer that for them, and they will shower you with praise, and answers to all of your problems, that you might encounter, and if they can't answer them, they can more than likely commiserate with you as they have more than likely had the same problem, or are having the same problem, at the same time, and then someone else will chime in and answer the question at large.  So welcome, fix your favorite beverage, fix a light snack, and enjoy this wonderful realm of Primitive archery, and camaraderie.

Wayne

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 02:55:18 am »
^^^ perty funny!  ...(I'm from the south and i know what an anachronism is and I also know what it means to be anachronistic.. I think all of us here are... in some way or another or we wouldn't be a member of  this site! )   ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:58:44 am by Josh »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Agnarr

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 10:42:08 am »
     Being a man of few words, just let me say......
     Welcome Dan, and this is the place to find answers to all of life's questions, if they pertain to primitive archery, flint knapping, or just primitive life stuff. ;)  And don't let the snipping bit bother you, it doesn't happen often, only from Yoopers, and former yoopers, who play at being a Texican...... ;D ;D ;D  Other than that, it is pretty laid back.  8) Oh, and by the way, try not to use those big words. "Anachronisms"......it confuses the Yoopers, and would be westerners, and most of the southern guys, except for Hillbilly, and I am still trying to figure that one out.  ::) You might hear a couple of them talk about drilling rigs, and their BR5000, xlm rock fragmatizing bit, and how the framinizer fell off of the zorchlock, and darn near ruined ranalator, as it passed through the titanium scattershield on th high powered drill knibilingwatt, that is attached rimlacking quad set, on the vibraton derrick facilator.  But they just want the rest of us normal people to think that they were repeat guests on tool time.  ::) One of them is in Texas, and the other at the moment is in South America, drinking high priced coffee, and pretending to be working at a mine down there.  He is actually looking for Jasper, but they don't know that just yet.  ::) They have cover names like El D, and Mullet. But nonethe less, welcome, and enjoy, and yes these are definitely some of the nicest people you will ever come across.  Just don't bother with the ones who snipe, they just need the attention :)......just acknowledge them now and then, and say something nice to them, and they will be fine, and more than likely be able to answer a question you may have.  Or they may have a question, that you could answer......like what is the word that describes an omni directional time tunnel?  You could answer that for them, and they will shower you with praise, and answers to all of your problems, that you might encounter, and if they can't answer them, they can more than likely commiserate with you as they have more than likely had the same problem, or are having the same problem, at the same time, and then someone else will chime in and answer the question at large.  So welcome, fix your favorite beverage, fix a light snack, and enjoy this wonderful realm of Primitive archery, and camaraderie.

Wayne

Yoopers are ok with me. Only time i hear that word when it refers to people from the part of Michigan that is not part of the Mitten.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 11:32:47 am »
Der ya go again wayne pickin on da poor Yoopers eh ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 05:42:10 pm »

Josh, I was born here in Florida.  Can't get any further south, without changing the language.  ;) My Mother was from Headland, Ala. , and my Father was from the Eastman, Macon area, of Ga.  I just thought I would bring up the big word thing, so we could keep it simple 8)......and someone would explain it to me, without my having to ask.  ::) Dana M, I wasn't pickin on da Yoopers, I was just trying to keep the words, simple, in case a Troll came up your way, and happened to mention that word, and den da whole bunch of Yoopers, what wasn't quite sure what it meant, and decided it was sumptin ta do wit da government, and proceed to unleash unnecessarily harsh words on da poor unsuspectin Troll.  Hey, it could happen now, eh?  But being a man of few words, I will keep it simple, and short.  So you see Dan, the Yooper's and south section jumped right on it.  They are just too easy ::)  >:D Hardly any sport in it. ;D  But that being said, these are but two of the useful sources of information you can turn to.  Just mention that you like beer brats, and pasties, and possum on the half shell. (Armadillo), and you  will immediately have friends. ;)  Don't forget to mention Grits also. ;)     Well Dan, my work for the day is done, now it is back to my retirement routine.  Doing nothing.  My Girlfriend asked me what I did to day, I said nothing, she said you did that yesterday!  I told her I wasn't finished. ;D

Wayne

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 06:52:48 pm »
LOL ... Just thought it was funny!   :) :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »
 Wayne, have you been taking your Med's? ??? :o
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 07:35:27 am »
Wayne, have you been taking your Med's? ??? :o

Think he needs to share ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 12:18:24 pm »
The people here roketh verily.

Thus and verily, we doth rocketh.  And some dost knappeth the rocketh.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 07:21:37 pm »
JW,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2010, 03:12:01 am »

Good one JW ! ;D  As for my meds, just my BP, and Diabetes meds. ;)  Yep took em.  Could be some kind of resurfacing of somehting from the 60's though...... ::)  Dang, I could swear I just heard the Mama's and Papa's......dang, what the heck is Inna Da Gadda Da Vita?  Must be some kinda Yooper music.....Oohh, there's Jethro Tull, Outside, lookin in......and Melanie has a brand new pair of rollerskates, and wants to know if I have a brand new key......and an Amerian Indian Girl singing some kinda protest song....something St. Marie  8).....Dang, it is gone now :(......maybe if I like meditate, and like will it to come back, it will like you know come back..... ::)......Or not. ;D  Must've been my blood sugar, and those four twinkies, and the soda, I had....... ;D

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 12:47:15 pm »
                                        Wow.....Wayne...were you there with Me too........... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome