Author Topic: composites  (Read 60256 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: composites
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2011, 11:35:37 am »
Wow! :o 8)
1’—>1’

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:43 pm »
thanks parnell,,,see you wed yehti :)

Offline aero86

« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2011, 09:37:42 pm »
i cant wait for the turkish.  were you making a korean style too?  id love to have one of both!  i just dont know if i could handle a horn bow, theres so much involved in it.
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline flintstalker

« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2011, 12:27:39 pm »
Really cool James!  That makes processing all this sinew not so much of a process!  Take care>

Offline stickbender

« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2011, 09:10:27 pm »

All hail James !  Hail!! 8)  Dang boy, that is just about slicker than snot on a door knob!  :o  Man that is just absolutely beautiful !! 8)  Look, Eddie really doesn't need that, what with all the traveling he does, and the chemicals he comes in contact with, and all the foreign insects, he probably has inadvertently brought into this country, and into his home, and there just might be a Southern Brazilian, munchecus, muchowoodo beetle, and larvae in his bow room.  So, I tell you what I will do, being the good Friend of Eddies,that I am, I will drive up there and pick up the bow for him, and receive the proper instructions on using and stringing, and storing etc., and then, I will store it in Montana, where it is nice and dry, and not all muggy, and damp, like down here.  I will see to it, that he gets to look at pictures, I mean, he gets to look at it, and maybe even shoot it, after proper instruction, on shooting with a thumb ring, and stringing, and restringing, etc.  Yes Sir, I will do that, now what would be a good day for me to come up and pick it up?  Hey, I'm just that kind of a guy, I don't ask for much, and I would do just about anything for my Friends, you know, it's just the way I am, I can't help it. ....... ::)
     That is one beautiful bow!!!!!  I'd dance in the rain for that Bow! ;) 

Wayne

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2011, 09:34:29 pm »
Awesome job!  Not ever being around a bow like this,  I'm curious about the two hours Eddie. What exactly do you have to to after stringing so it doesn't ruin it?  How long does it take to get its memory?  Also, how ya making the thumb ring?  Take pics ;) again- nice bow James!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:29:31 pm by jeffutley57 »
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2011, 11:35:39 pm »
Very nice James, some real art there.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Gaur

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2011, 11:32:51 am »
Beautiful looking bow James.  I bet you have a few hours in that one.  Take care,  Randy
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline oneeye

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »
That's another beautiful bow!   Eddie's a lucky man.  So when can we see a build along? I really want to make a few of these horn bows.    Scott

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2011, 10:37:19 am »
 Jeff, James just told me he would have to show me how to adjust the string alighnment and tiller everytime I string it. And the proper way to string it without twisting the limbs( look at it unbraced :-\).  He said after it is braced quiet a few times it will develope a memory and start to fall into place. We are going to cut the thumb rings out of billiard balls. Hopefully, I'm driving up there next weekend.

Can't wait to shoot in the Primitive class at our March 3-D State Tournament with it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2011, 11:56:02 am »
Another nice entry for Backed BOM James!  :o
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline DEllis

« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2011, 04:27:51 pm »
Those are just nutz! :o Cant wait to see the angular one finnished.
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!