Author Topic: Snake Bow  (Read 28794 times)

ridge

Snake Bow
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:09:58 am »
 This is a snake backed hickory pyrimid that i made for my son in 05. I didn,t stain the  limb backs so the snake doesn,t show up in the pics. Looks nice in person but i learned a lesson. Dark background! 64"-2/1/4"fades-1/2" tips-52#@28"-5" handle.   Ridge

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Snake Bow
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 11:17:35 am »
Very nice ridge,I love the looks of a pyramid bow.Lets see a full draw picture. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 01:13:29 pm »
Nice bow ridge, but is that left limb bending a bit too much in the middle?
Don't know if its the picture or not but I have one I'm working on that has the same braced profile.

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

ridge

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 01:24:40 pm »
 The tiller is good enough for me! If its out its out and your telling me its out instead of just saying the bow is good or not responding at all would be a better choice. Maybe it comes with age but you don,t say negitive things about someones fun. Nuff said.    Ridge

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 10:10:24 am »
Hey ridge I think you took my comment the wrong way. If I've offened you I'm sorry.
My question was an honest question not meant in a bad way.
It is a nice bow and I do like it.

DanaM

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 11:28:56 am »
Ridge, If you put bows up for us to view, we will criticise. These criticisms are not meant to offend you but to give our opinions of what we, as bowyers see. I appreciate any criticism I get on my bows, good or bad. This is part of the learning process. If I am doing something wrong or not exactly the way others do it, I like to hear about it. Some of these criticisms I take to heart and some I take with a grain of salt...but I learn something from each.
  Please don't be so thin skinned about these remarks. No one wants to offend you and most, if not all, are here to enjoy your work and help any way we can. Dana's remark was totally within the boundries of helpful criticism. I glad to have others critique my work. Even after almost 20 years of building wood bows I still make mistakes or misjudgements and appreciate the comments...good or bad.  Pat

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 11:35:16 am »
Thanks Pat, ridge I really feel bad that you took my comment the wrong way, again sorry if I offended.

DanaM

Manistique, MI

ridge

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 09:31:52 am »
 Instead ofcreating a scene i should have started a new topic on my feelings on this subject. I believe if a person asks for comments about his bow then go for it. Most of the old timers would never  try to bring attention to a persons work unless he or she asked them to. Only a newbee to this site might miss the fact that my bow has a hinge present. I don,t need a teacher to help me make a perfect bow, which will never happen anyway. Let me put it this way,  If you can,t say something good say nothing.  At 74yrs of age i don,t handle things like this to well and feel i should  get lost so you guys, and you know who you are can get on looking for the PERFECT BOW    Good luck to you all.   Ridge

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 11:29:03 am »
Nice bow Ridge.  No such thing as a perfect bow, which at 74 years of age you should know :).
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 12:29:18 pm »
Ridge I am truly sorry that you feel that way. There was no malicous intent to my comment, yes I'm new at this but that doesn't make me less than someone more experienced. As my senior I respect your experience and knowledge and would hope that you would pass it on to those of less experienced.
We both enjoy building bows and I think we both enjoy this forum. It looks to me like we have more in common than differences. Once again I'am sorry my comment offended you but I also won't take it back. So if you feel that leaving this forum is the only answer than so be it. It will be your loss but our loss also.
As one solution, please stay and at your request I will not reply to any of your posts. You may reply to my posts if you so choose.

I will also take a second to apologize to all members of this forum that an issue such as this ever came about.

Sincerely

Dana Montgomery

Manistique, MI

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 12:40:11 pm »
You've done nothing wrong Dana, if anyone choses to show his bows should be able to take criticisims if it's constructive.

You can't just stroke each other egos and always say "what a good bow" that would be wrong, ..again constructive criticism is a good learning tool.
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

a finnish native

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 12:52:59 pm »
I agree with NorthshoreLB. But still, come on ridge, not for a thing this tiny will you truly depart from this forum? I thought that this was a place for people to learn, not to puff up their ego. Not trying to insult on anything. just saying my opinion, and BTW cool bow ridge.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 04:31:59 pm »
        Oh well !......bob

Rich Saffold

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 08:35:50 pm »
It looks right to me judging from the unbraced profile..

Offline sonny

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007, 08:48:49 pm »
Ridge criticizes himself in making a remark that he should have darkened the limbs before applying snake skins but gets "bent..." when someone makes a comment that he thinks is critical [in a bad way.]
hmmmmmm   >:(
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.