Author Topic: Snake Bow  (Read 28790 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Snake Bow
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 11:32:05 am »
Come on guys. Dana meant no offense when he offered what he thought was help, but the rest of these comments aren't meant to help in any way.  Ridge has a right to not want critique on his bows, and we should all RESPECT that as much as Dana does. 

Ridge,  I am getting ready to put snake skins on for the first time. If you hadn't posted that bow with the info about a dark background, I would have put the snakeskins on my white wood bow without darkening the background.  As for the comments about your bow. I hope you will just ignore them if that is what you wish to do. But keep posting.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 11:38:25 am »
Amen Justin, nuff said

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

ridge

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 11:57:58 am »
 I responded badly and Dana and i have mended the fence. I have met some great guys on the two sites and hunted with some of them I will try to ignore that which i do not agree with and to test myself i,m going to post shortly, a bow that my latest student is making. Boo with a zebra handle. Maybe the best student i have had. You be the judge and as for comments, Let er fly. Ridge

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 02:33:59 pm »
Ridge, If you put bows up for us to view, we will criticise. These criticisms are not meant to offend you but to give our opinions of what we, as bowyers see. I appreciate any criticism I get on my bows, good or bad. This is part of the learning process. If I am doing something wrong or not exactly the way others do it, I like to hear about it. Some of these criticisms I take to heart and some I take with a grain of salt...but I learn something from each.
  Please don't be so thin skinned about these remarks. No one wants to offend you and most, if not all, are here to enjoy your work and help any way we can. Dana's remark was totally within the boundries of helpful criticism. I glad to have others critique my work. Even after almost 20 years of building wood bows I still make mistakes or misjudgements and appreciate the comments...good or bad.  Pat

Ditto -OldBow
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 02:34:32 pm »

I'm looking forward to seeing this latest bow you've given guidance on! Sounds like it will really be a nice one!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline OldBow

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 02:35:36 pm »
Got anybody around to crank this neat bow back to full draw and post the image?  Thanks -OldBow

ridge

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 03:36:47 pm »
 Well its like this,mother can do it but she is very slow in doing so. Tomorrow nite when Jim comes to the shop i,ll see if he can take a quick one. I marked this bow 52# but i strung er up for the pic and it strung hard so i think i marked it wrong. Don,t like to go over 50# with this old body but i,ll put it on the tree if need be.  Ridge

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 04:47:28 pm »
If something is put in front of the public, criticism as well as praise should be expected.  If it is not then it is a fool who puts forth his product. I am glad that my skin is thicker than most at my tender age of 37.  If I get criticism I analyze it and gleen what informaiton I can from it.  My next bow will always be better (then again maybe not) But I value the FRIENDS that will be HONEST with me and tell me how to make it better rather than sugar coating it and giving me a false sense of well being.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 09:13:54 pm »
Glad yall mended it up ridge,don't like to see friction among friends. :)and folks that mean well.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 11:08:53 pm »
Good for you, Ridge. It's great that you made a bow for your son. Really great. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

duffontap

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 03:21:46 am »
Nice looking bow there ridge.  Looking forward to the full draw.  If I'm building bows at 74 I will consider myself the most lucky bowyer in the world. 

J. D. Duff

ridge

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 12:16:40 pm »
Heres full draw . Not perfect but life isn,t either.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 01:57:49 pm »
The tiller may not be perfect, but I have done worse.  ??? Thanks for posting.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 03:05:09 pm »
ridge, glad to see ya posted the full draw pics, I hope I can still crank em back like that in 30 years.
Looks good, hope to see many more from you in the future.

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline OldBow

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 06:10:53 pm »
Thanks for the full draw.  We'll look at it again at the end of April for Self Bow of the Month.-OldBow